Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
He's been coming off the bench half the year and has barely played with Defoe at all. They basically decided he was done after 7 appearances. Jackson has 3 goals as a defensive winger I suppose he's great then? Everyone here hates him although I actually do like him better than the start of the year. Earnshaw scored goals last year but was trash. Gilberto clearly has quality my only wish was a fair assessment as opposed to this musical chairs nonsense. At least the regime is admitting failure though by benching him.

I think Nelsen has gone with Moore since Gilberto was hurt because it was largely working. Defoe was scoring goals. If Gilberto had done something against KC, he might have won that spot back for DC, but he didn't. Now that we've had a few less than stellar offensive games I think he probably does, and should, start Gilberto again with Defoe for Montreal. I don't think everyone hates him. If anything, I think he gets way more benefit of the doubt than anyone else on the team given his production.