Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
I've never heard United supporters even mention the lines on the pitch after a rugby league match. It's a non-issue for them.
This was the Rugby League World Cup. Hardly a fair comparison.
To John M: excellent article.
To everyone else: of course we TFC supporters support the CFL and the Argos. We are Canadians. But this stadium was created for soccer, it is the National Soccer Stadium. It was needed because we did not have an adequate soccer specific venue for our national teams or for the U20 world cup. On the other hand, the Argos had $650 million of public funds build them a stadium. My conclusion: if the Argos want to be tenants in a soccer staium, it needs to be clear that that is the deal and soccer has to be protected at all costs. If any more public money goes into BMO it should be on condition that the name reverts to its official name "The NationalSoccerStadium"; that sight lines, grass, etc are not affected, and that the Argos play at the SkyDome once the weather is more risky for grass (after October 1?).
Personally, I would rather we build a football specific artificial turf stadium (see, Kansas City) but if not conditions like the ones I am suggesting need to be achieved.