Since everybody's favourite topic of conversation comes up in every thread, I figured why not make a place for it?

He's cheap, he's domestic, he gets the job done better than any of our other depth midfielders.
Unfortunately he's got narrow vision, passes the ball backwards too often and is slow to recover when he's beat.

There's probably a whole lot more to add to that by people who know the game better than I do.

Having said that, here's the most recent page of the TFC general player moves thread:

T-boy
I'm not a mod here, but I don't think I'm out of turn suggesting that every time we read somebody's comments about hating Dunfield, we should just ignore it. Otherwise every thread is going to end up a giant argument about Dunfield, even if the thread isn't originally about him! Love him or hate him, Terry is a TFC player.
---
bigredone
Terry's Football Club! On the pitch, off the pitch, and coming off the pitch he always has time for fans from what I experienced.
---
Canary10
I really don't understand why so many people hate Dunfield so much. I totally agree he's not a starter on this team, but he's a perfectly decent 75th minute sub. He's been put in the position of starting due to injuries and the fact that we don't have a commanding central midfielder with presence and vision. Why take that out on him?
Personally, I think Richard Eckersley deserves to get the flack Dunfield does. His forward runs are aimless, his crossing is shit, he's overly aggressive and always goes through the backs of people giving up fouls in dangerous areas, and he costs a lot of money. I can't figure out why people love him so much and hate Dunny.
---
Ultra & Proud
I think because when Winter was canned a few people targeted Dunfield as the "Mariner's" type of no talent hack and it snowballed. I find on all the boards that once a small group starts having a go at a certain player for whatever reason (factual or not) and multiple threads spiral into 'player X' bashing that the sentiment generally spreads and then the lemmings follow. Then when pressed most folks will point to whatever argument the original bashers presented, in Dunfield's case that he can't pass, can't shoot, and can't run. And you are 100% correct, Eckersley should be found guilty of all of the same offenses minus the running part but makes up for it with poor positioning and he costs almost 5x as much as Dunny and also uses an international spot. And he is the reigning player of the year.
---
Corpand
Dunfield has started to grow on me this season. I believe he divided the fanbase so much last year was because he was played in a formation that was not playing towards his strengths. This year he is allowed to sit back more, bring his head up and pick out passes for the wings and sometimes chip it over for Earnshaw. I have paid special attention to him specifically when we play and he does things only an older, more experienced player knows how to do.

Cuts off passing lanes in 2v1 situations effectively
Dictates the pace of the game at times effectively
Actually connects his through passes well and has created a few dangerous situations. He just needs to tone it down emotionally at times, I feel the team`s mood greatly impacts him and causes him to cause rash tackles (when we are chasing a game).

I think if he stays injury free, he has the potential to stay on this team for a while longer. The man needs to keep his stamina up though, he will lose much of his appeal if he starts getting winded around the 60th min. Now he just huffs and puffs away the full 90. I like.