Threaded View

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wish folks would stop labelling the "Canadian" content issue as one against our players. I have Serioux's name on the back of one of my jerseys. If they are good enough, they can play every minute, every game.

The issue is with roster management. Aside from the strength of the talent pool we are working in, Canadian roster players are largely untradeable under MLS rules. You have to be good enough to beat out an International player to work with 16 MLS teams. That's why the grand total of Canadians playing south of the border is a whooping 8. As in we have more Canadians on TFC than ALL USA BASED MLS teams

I know the CSA's stance well. Interesting TFC joined Vancouver and lobbied to have the quota reduced to 0. They then signed 9... 9 more than they were lobbying for and more than the original quota that they originally said made it hard to compete.

The man at the table representing TFC once Mo was out of the way? Earl Cochrane, he who spent somewhere around 5 years working for the CSA. If our technical director knew we had talent ready to go and felt they were stronger than US players, why in the hell would he sit at the table to lower the quota to make it easier for other teams?

Or did Mr Earl simply sit, support the CSA in their stance to have it raised to 3 (from the proposed 0) and then quietly enact his agenda after the fact?
    Last edited by Pookie; 05-21-2012 at 11:07 AM.