Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
Agreed, Vic. It's also far easier to determine the abilities of a coach, when they are largely unencumbered by extensive transfer and salary restrictions.

- Scott
Like i said previously though a good coach improves the players he has at his disposal, regardless of anything else this is what they are supposed to do if indeed they are capable in their role. I cannot think of one Preki player that has actually improved under Winter, I am using Preki players as an example as they were here last season and we already know how well they played. In this instance I am not concerned with money to spend (Winter has just had two DP's signed though), I am not caring about inability to sign their own players (Winter has now signed 14 players), I am merely pointing oout that in my opinion I can not see any imporvement in a group of players who in some cases most people would agree have actually regressed under Winter. On top of that Winter record in the MLS which includes players he has signed for his team is abysmal, his win per game ratio is extremely low and the worst we have ever seen in our short history.