Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Today’s News, Wednesday , Feb.18

Mornin'

‘Jackie Chan’ on brink of landing MLS contract with Toronto FC

By Rawle Toney
    National striker Gregory ‘Jackie Chan’ Richardson is set to become the first Guyanese to play in the US Major League Soccer (MLS) as he wrapped up his one week training session with the team in Miami, Florida.

Read More

Boys are back in town
    Gerry Dobson

With Toronto FC in Florida for more than week, most of us hadn't seen much of the team since the initial few days of camp at the beginning of the month.
    A lot has happened.
    The session I witnessed Tuesday as was good as anything I've seen with this team. You don't have to trust me. I watched with my pal Craig Forrest and that was his opinion. I trust it.

Read More

Reds return to BMO Field
    TFC to train in Toronto this week

Toronto FC returned to BMO Field on Tuesday to continue preseason training after spending last week training in Bradenton Fla. The Reds will train in Toronto for the rest of the week before returning to Florida on Friday. Coach John Carver is happy with what has been achieved so far. "I'm delighted with what we had last week," said Carver. "It's the best preseason I have had in my entire career. The atmosphere was fantastic and the work we did was great. The buzz around the place is still the same as it was on the first day we came back for preseason and hopefully it will stay like that right up to the first game."

Read More

SUNSHINE

or in case you don't like SSG try

COED-daily-snapshot it's
    Last edited by denime; 02-18-2009 at 06:35 AM.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well before everyone goes up-in-arms wondering where the hell he is this week, kindly directed your attention to this paragraph please.

Eight players tried out with the club for one week and Richardson and an African player were asked to stay on for another week. The team returned to Canada but Richardson remained in Miami since he does not hold a Canadian visa. However, he is expected to rejoin the club when they return to Miami for their pre-season training.
    Also, mornin!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today's ssg doesn't do it for me.. but the coed hot hot hot!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jackie Chan seems positive he'll make the team!
    hope he doesn't get his hopes up... we'll see...

I still wanna know how he got the nickname Jackie Chan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good morning,

Now let's sign Chris Tucker!

SSG "loves to model when she's not playing volleyball or basketball...most memorable meeting was when she gave birth to her daughter". Glad to see she's got her priorities straight. She's is a pretty good sunshine girl though.

COED hottie has made it into denime's post!

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

should be interesting if he does sign, he seems pretty certain of it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The Reds did not ship out defenders Todd Dunivant, Tyrone Marshall and Julius James without a plan. We just don't know yet what it is and judging by the Cheshire grin on Carver's face, it could be a big one. It may take another week or two but something is about to happen."

Wow that is quite the quote from Dobson...intriguing but I think we all assumed that soumething was going to happen!

Good morning all

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffville_RPB View Post
    Good morning,

COED hottie has made it into denime's post!

Yeah,it was easy considering low standard for SUN SSG.
    Working in the Automotive industry gives me enough nightmares on the daily basis,last thing is I need is crappy SSG every morning,now I can open the link and enjoy my coffee.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richardson would be a good signing, he was definitely Joe Public's best player by far in the CL matches I saw against Montreal. Creative, dangerous, with a good midfield (which we have) he could be a decent player in MLS. He wouldn't cost very much against the cap, either.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i bet Richardson would accept less than 100K, that's fer sure. They could probably get him for 50-70K. he seems really keen on just making it to MLS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's going to be a war for minutes at striker, which is the way you like it.

I wonder how long it takes before one of Barrett/Vitti/Ibbe/Chan/Dichio gets grumpy about a lack of playing time.

Anyone know whether Vitti can play outside left wing?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    Today's ssg doesn't do it for me.. but the coed hot hot hot!!

so true!

but then right below the coed was this lady:

DAMN!

Good Mornin' Indeed!!!

As for Richardson... I don't really have anything to say about his skills, but I like his confidence.
    Hopefully he works out nicely for the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It's going to be a war for minutes at striker, which is the way you like it.

I wonder how long it takes before one of Barrett/Vitti/Ibbe/Chan/Dichio gets grumpy about a lack of playing time.

Anyone know whether Vitti can play outside left wing?
    It's a nice dilemma to have. I'm not so sure "Chan" is a lock though. He seems optimistic which is good but other then that game against NER he hasn't done much and he hasn't scored in preseason. I guess we will see.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daner90 View Post
    "The Reds did not ship out defenders Todd Dunivant, Tyrone Marshall and Julius James without a plan. We just don't know yet what it is and judging by the Cheshire grin on Carver's face, it could be a big one. It may take another week or two but something is about to happen."

Wow that is quite the quote from Dobson...intriguing but I think we all assumed that soumething was going to happen!

Good morning all
    Good quote but I hate that Dobson always has one of those "mysterious" quotes in his articles, just to try and bring people back to his blog. While it's possible he heard it from someone he trusts, or that he was told outright, or has put some pieces of the puzzle together, he's been wrong too many times so I don't believe him today. He's the boy who cried wolf right now.
    Last edited by Lucky Strike; 02-18-2009 at 08:51 AM. Reason: typos

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    Good quote but I was hate that Dobson always has one of those "mysterious" quotes in his articles, just to try and bring people back to his blog. While it's possible he heard it from someone he trusts, or that he was told outright, or has put some pieces of the puzzle together, he's ben wrong too many times so I don't believe him today. He's the boy who cried wolf right now.
    I was just about to post this as well. You are completely right. Dobson always says something like this. Was it Dec/Jan when he said there would be a big signing to go along with Dero? I don't trust him at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akoto View Post
    It's a nice dilemma to have. I'm not so sure "Chan" is a lock though. He seems optimistic which is good but other then that game against NER he hasn't done much and he hasn't scored in preseason. I guess we will see.
    Neither am I. It's not that I want him to fail or anything, it's just that all the articles about him from this paper are horribly partisan. I guess it's kind of to be expected because this is big for them back in Guyana, but nevertheless I take those articles with a grain of salt.

I also had a Guyanese professor at university who liked to show himself off and he'd pass around these book that he'd written and always told us about these ceremonies he was going to, etc. Essentially, he liked to brag and it got tiresome after a while despite him being a nice guy. Richardson's confidence can sort of be taken the same way and while these are the only two Guyanese people I know, perhaps it's a cultural trait? Two individuals obviously aren't enough to define a whole people, however. Can anyone jump in here to confirm or refute my theory?

Anyway, I don't think Jackie Chan's chances are as good as he seems to think they are, particularly since we have a crowded midfield and the defence is clearly a higher priority. I can't speak to his ability since I haven't seen him play at all, but another midfielder is not what we need and I would be a little more concerned than before that we haven't addressed our needs at the back.

P.S. Though maybe if he does sign despite all of the above, it means he's that good that we must have him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    SUNSHINE

or in case you don't like SSG
    How can you NOT like that! Wowzers!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akoto View Post
    I was just about to post this as well. You are completely right. Dobson always says something like this. Was it Dec/Jan when he said there would be a big signing to go along with Dero? I don't trust him at all.

i might be wrong but i think he could have been referring to Vitti.
    Regardless i do agree hes not the greatest source for info but i do believe we have a CB coming (hopefully two)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the sunshine girl had a kid? can't tell... she's pretty sweet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got some info on the Pan Pacific Championship up...

http://www.tfcconnected.com/2009/02/...ship-2009.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really? do we need another forward?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think what you'd like but Dobson's record is a whole lot better than the rumor mill on this board.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nimamalek View Post
    really? do we need another forward?
    im sure he doubles as a winger and it cant hurt but youre right defense is alot more important at this moment

Quote Originally Posted by djking2 View Post
    Think what you'd like but Dobson's record is a whole lot better than the rumor mill on this board.

HAHAHA fact

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More on the Impact:

MONTREAL — Head coach John Limniatis said it will it be two teams with distinctly different styles of play when the Montreal Impact faces Mexico’s Club Santos Laguna during the first game of a CONCACAF Champions League quarter-final at Olympic Stadium next Wednesday.
    “Their play is typical of South American teams,” Limniatis said. “Lot of ball possession, lot of short movement and short passes. They try to keep the ball as much as they can.
    They’re quick, explosive.
    “Our style will be more counter-attacking, trying to exploit places to attack when they have possession. We’re different and we’re hoping that will make a difference in the game.”
    http://www.canada.com/Sports/Impact+...566/story.html

Meanwhile, they have re-signed one of their key strikers:

National striker, Peter “Big Pete” Byers, will leave this week for Canada where he is expected to finalise a deal with the Montreal Impact FC that will see him playing for a second year with the USL team.

This is according to the player’s agent, Noel Egan, who told the Antigua Sun that Byers received several new offers since his Major League Soccer (MLS) plans went south, which included a club from Australia but that Impact were offering the better package.

The new opportunity, according to Egan, is for one year with an additional second year option, while the player will also be receiving a number of other perks.

The deal is reportedly significantly better than the one he received last year and is also an improvement on what he was reportedly being offered by the San Jose Earthquakes.
    http://www.antiguasun.com/paper/?as=...2009&ac=Sports

CL money, no salary cap restrictions, Saputo looks smart right now to stay out of MLS for the moment. Look for the Impact to dominate the USL next year.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep, Impact will dominate .. but just cuz they can outspend the Austin Aztex and Charleston Battery. Must be nice to be the big fish in the small pond

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just to show you how shite our local media is
    we have to get our camp news from a guyanese news paper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    just to show you how shite our local media is
    we have to get our camp news from a guyanese news paper.

You are so right!