Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Beckham to stay with Galaxy!!!

AP are reporting Becks will return to MLS!!!

The English midfielder will return to the MLS team next month as scheduled after his loan agreement with AC Milan ends.
    AEG executive Tim Leiweke says the Italian club didn't make a second offer to the Galaxy to keep Beckham so the team will adhere to MLS commissioner Don Garber's Friday deadline to resolve the situation.
    The Galaxy had already rejected Milan's first offer.
    Last edited by Toronto_Bhoy; 02-13-2009 at 08:02 PM.
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still have my doubts--if he does go back I hope LA fans boo the fuck out of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...921115,00.html

i just got done watch skysports new and they said that he could still move out of la to a there team in the mls. but when i went to look for that story online i could not find it

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was looking for a link but the story is the "out clause" in his contract doesn't kick in until after the completion of his THIRD season.

Personally, I don't get it, Beckham could play in this league until he's 40...why he'd want one last kick of the "European" can I don't understand?
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...921115,00.html

i just got done watch shysports new and they said that he could still move out of la to a there team in the ls
    Both CP24 and The FAN are quoting AP...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Not sure. According to Leiweke, they are honoring Garber's statement that he would not approve a transfer after today. Here's the latest...

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent. Now the Galaxy won't have any added income when he leaves at the end of the year
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I see it, if his contract doesn't have an out until the end of this year, AC Milan would need to cover Beck's currnet contract. Granted, he's played well but that's a shit load of money to cover. If your LA...show us the money! If your AC...why would you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I know I saw that but its 8 hours old...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And some more details from the LA Times

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,5206153.story

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still lookin for the story where LA is talking with Colorado

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From AP:

"I know David is emotionally invested, but I don't think Milan really was that interested in spending the money we would have had to receive to compensate us for our losses," Leiweke said.

He confirmed that Beckham has a clause in his contract that would allow him to leave at the end of this year.

"Clearly the risk is we may lose him at the end of the year," Leiweke said. "Our hope is the team surprises him and we're a lot better than last year."
    Leiweke said he had discussions with Milan officials earlier in the week, but heard nothing from them Friday.

Garber said this week he wanted Beckham's future resolved by Friday or he would not approve any transfer between the two teams.

"The negotiations are over and we move on," Leiweke said. "We look forward to seeing David back in camp. We need to have a good season and we need to live up to a higher expectation."

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forza TFC are you an AC Milan fan? Trane, how do feel about this? Would you want to keep Becks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It'll be entertaining watching the sulking, disgruntled Beckham show this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/66/un...adline-not-met

Great article. I fully agree with the Galaxy!

I would tell Milan the same thing: "You want him? Then fork over the fucking CASH u assholes!, If not, then FUCK OFF!!"

Fucking Milan trying to mind fuck everyone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post
    Forza TFC are you an AC Milan fan? Trane, how do feel about this? Would you want to keep Becks?
    Yes, I am a huge AC Milan fan (been a fan for as long as I remember living), which means I am conflicted about this situation.

He certainly helped with Milan's success the past few weeks, but I am unhappy about his negative comments about the MLS. It's not rocket science, MLS is no Premiership or Serie A. And who wouldn't love playing with some of the top footballers in the world? Obviously it will elevate his game, but he does come across as a backstabber especially when considering some of the words he used to describe his move to LA -- "... soccer is huge all around the world apart from America, so that's where I want to make a difference with the kids." Going back on those words makes him shallow.

As an MLS fan, I say fuck him. As a Milan fan, I say keep up those crosses to Pato (especially on Sunday's derby).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, i'm pretty sure that AEG is much wealthier than AC Milan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCREDNWHITE View Post
    By the way, i'm pretty sure that AEG is much wealthier than AC Milan.
    Of course, because AEG actually makes money, instead of simply being worth a lot, but owing even more - like AC Milan, Manchester United, Real Madrid... the list goes on.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its too bad he had to do things this way, he obviously can still play for england (whether as a starter or reserve im not sure), but he wont get much of a look because Capello wants him to play in italy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He made his bed. End of story.

If he wanted out bad enough - he'd make up the shortfall on Millan's offer. God knows he can afford it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf88 View Post
    Excellent. Now the Galaxy won't have any added income when he leaves at the end of the year

who here smells "bogus" injury for bekham for the rest of the season?
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS should have negotiated with AC Milan for the best deal for both sides. I don't see how this looks good for MLS. If Beckham walks after the end of the season, they get nothing.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dantdot View Post
    It'll be entertaining watching the sulking, disgruntled Beckham show this season.
    QFT

No way that Arena puts together anything even resembling a team this year.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually, they'd make more money in friendlies and merchandise in this upcoming year with Beckham, than they would in this transfer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friendlies, maybe a few.

merchandise? You expect jerseys to be flying of the shelf this year when everyone knows he is leaving?
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    MLS should have negotiated with AC Milan for the best deal for both sides. I don't see how this looks good for MLS. If Beckham walks after the end of the season, they get nothing.

Becks signed a contract and that should be honoured...He wants a MLS frnachise after his playing days are over...good luck in that David...no chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friendlies, maybe a few.

merchandise? You expect jerseys to be flying of the shelf this year when everyone knows he is leaving?
    Yes I do. Who are we kidding? do 8 year old boys read the news and understand the reason why Beckham is coming back to the MLS? do women give a shit? the answer to that is NO. Only hard core supporters like us give a shit about stuff like this, the rest of them will buy the merchandise and will still go see him play.

Also, I believe he'll sell MORE merch this year for the simple fact he is leaving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    Agreed. Send him out on a two year loan, let him play for AC and in the 2010 WC and then bring him back to LA for another few years.