Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Vitti signs !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

according to the excellent roster explanation thread by Wooster TFC

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=3237

We still have some room. Not sure how updated it is but it doesn't include Vitti yet and it does not include unsigned players such as Hall or the trialists. It has 17/20 senior spots (now 18/20 I assume) and 4/4 dev spots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wait a sec, roster reality check here:

If Gala, Nana, Frei and Ibby take up the 4 DEV spots, and if TFC keeps Rosenlund and signs Hall, plus with the addition of Vitti, they still have 1 senior roster spot open for one of these trialists. If they decide to keep only one of Rosenlund and Hall, they have 2 senior roster spots open. That's all they need -- a little wiggle room to maybe sign 1 or 2 of the trialists. And that's without having to trade or release any of the current team. If they trade someone, like Edwards, they have even fewer roster issues.

So let's not worry about fitting guys in.

You always want to trial more players than you can reasonably sign. You need some bodies for training camp, plus you don't want to get taken by a tough agent. If you have multiple trialists you don't have to settle for a guy just because he's all ya got on trial.

EDIT: S_D beat me to it!
    Last edited by rocker; 02-09-2009 at 05:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news. I'm very excited about this loan deal. Remember, it's hard as hell to attract players to the cold north - no matter how much we love our city and know that it's the best place to play in North America.

Good job, Mo!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One or more trades are now on the horizon for a CB, with one of the younger keepers and possibly one of the younders Canadian lads or Velez/Marshall.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont you just love it when trader mo goes to work and brings back gold?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    No, he can play the same basic system in 4-1-3-2 and use Rohan slightly more inside than normal; that also allows him the freedom to push de ro and barrett wide with a striker up top if we're down by a couple.
    i.e.

-------------Dero -----Guevara-----Ricketts
    ---------------------Robbo---------------------

or
    --------DeRo----Barrett-----Vitti
    --------Guevara---Robbo--Ricketts ---------

Either way, we already have good attacking fullbacks, so they can push the wide play when necessary and Rohan and Dero can push out a little to support them.

My main point is, whatever the formation, we cannot put DeRo outside. In both your formations, you've got DeRo outside still, which I think will have us all tearing our hair out after three games. DeRo as an outside striker seems especially unworkable to me.

The second formation, a 4-3-3, I really just can't see it. Barca is the only team in the world playing it and succeeding right now, and until we sign Messi, Henry and Etoo....
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I'm getting ahead of myself. But how amazing would a home playoff game be? I think we may have one this year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DRock View Post
    He may not be worth the hype, but it's still exciting. An option to buy would be nice in the loan deal though, in case he rips this league apart!
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Great news. I'm very excited about this loan deal. Remember, it's hard as hell to attract players to the cold north - no matter how much we love our city and know that it's the best place to play in North America.

Good job, Mo!!!

Odessa's Weather isn't that much better than Toronto's. From Wiki - Odessa city has a mild and dry climate with average temperatures in January of -2 °C (29 °F), and July of 22 °C (72 °F). It averages only 350 mm (14 in) of precipitation annually.

THAT SAID, here is the first image that popped up when I googled Odessa, Ukraine.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaaazzzzzaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am more than willing to give our dear leader the benefit of the doubt when I think he deserves it and on this one I think he deserves some credit for delivering a striker early enough in pre-season to at least have time to find out the names of his team mates. Whether he is Juan Pabel Angel or Denilson (or something in between) remains to be seen, but at least the timing is right.

But woe to Mo if he does not at least upgrade the centre back situation. I don't want to be like Galaxy and score 3 every match and have five or six scored against.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post

THAT SAID, here is the first image that popped up when I googled Odessa, Ukraine.

.. and Mo managed to get him away from that place? MoGenius!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    I am more than willing to give our dear leader the benefit of the doubt when I think he deserves it and on this one I think he deserves some credit for delivering a striker early enough in pre-season to at least have time to find out the names of his team mates. Whether he is Juan Pabel Angel or Denilson (or something in between) remains to be seen, but at least the timing is right.

But woe to Mo if he does not at least upgrade the centre back situation. I don't want to be like Galaxy and score 3 every match and have five or six scored against.

Excellent post! FULLY AGREE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good signing ... hopefully he pans out here in MLS.

But I don't understand why some people here think that we're stacked with forwards. Where are you guys seeing this depth? In my opinion, its only a three horse race with Barret, Vitti and Dichio. I wouldn't exactly call this depth. The other guys are all unproven ... in fact theres various question marks regarding Vitti and Dichio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DAAAMMMMMMMN!!!! They are scorchers!! If Vitti is half as good as they are, i say bring it!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post

We had a better defence than the Galaxy last year, no reason to think we got any worse.

As ExiledRed has pointed out so well, our defence was middle of the league last year, not bottom of the league, good enough to get us into the playoffs if we'd scored a few more goals. Did we score any goals in July last year?

We'd all like to see the defense improved (Mo mentions it in every interview) but even if it's just the same as last year with one more year of experience together, it'll be good enough to get us into the playoffs and win the Canadian Championship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya.. offence was our #1 problem... I think with De Ro offence goes up. If Vitti pans out, it goes up even more.

Defence was the next issue, but not as pressing as offence. We were as good defensively as the NE Revolution last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anyone else as worried as I am about how the hell this team's going to find a formation? I thought it'd be tough enough when there wasn't two quality strikers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very exciting!

I wonder if Chrnomoretz did not want him anymore? or how did we get him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Odessa's Weather isn't that much better than Toronto's. From Wiki - Odessa city has a mild and dry climate with average temperatures in January of -2 °C (29 °F), and July of 22 °C (72 °F). It averages only 350 mm (14 in) of precipitation annually.

Verrry nice, how much?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i hope he is not a flop....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if u know what i mean

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    No, he can play the same basic system in 4-1-3-2 and use Rohan slightly more inside than normal; that also allows him the freedom to push de ro and barrett wide with a striker up top if we're down by a couple.
    i.e.

-------------Dero -----Guevara-----Ricketts
    ---------------------Robbo---------------------

or
    --------DeRo----Barrett-----Vitti
    --------Guevara---Robbo--Ricketts ---------

Either way, we already have good attacking fullbacks, so they can push the wide play when necessary and Rohan and Dero can push out a little to support them.
    OMG THAT"S FUCKING AWESOME!!!!

ONE DEFENDER AND WE'RE ALL SET FOR THE SEASON LADS!!! I think I have an erection from this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Verrry nice, how much?
    If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here we go now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitti is on loan correct? If thats the case then i'm assuming its a one season type deal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many days until the season starts?!?! I can't wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the chances Vitti brought one of them here for me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NateDoGG View Post
    if u know what i mean
    hahaha, that's funny. I don't recall seeing him flop too much at BMO. But it's possible. As long as it works in our favor, I could care less

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good stuff!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice, sorry i had to update my avatar with the pic! that chic is hot!