Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    London: "Football is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that." B. Shankly
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Screwing Rosenlund Bodes Poorly for Season/Future

Just heard/confirmed through the grapevine that after being bumped up to "S" status (+$30k wages) last season (due to MLS policy), Rosenlund didn't get past his first day back in the TFC camp before MoJo hauled him in his office and "rewarded" Rosenlund's decent play last season and loyalty (including the off season) buy asking him to accept being put back down to "D" status (-$18k wages). Sure the MLS faulty disparity-creating-sweatshop-structure contributes to these injustices, but MoJo seems to enjoy being a C**T, a bit too much for his own good, not to mention TFCs and that of solid Canadian soccer players. Sure he's done some good moves this off-season (DeRo especially!) and I've always said he deserves a full 3-years. But, mark my words, TFC will always be 2 injuries away from The Tank as long as MoJo doesn't start treating good/solid/loyal players as people. MoJo should learn some of the dignity that Tyler Rosenlund showed in telling him where to stick his "D" status. All the very best to you Tyler Rosenlund & Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh... ok. That's life in the MLS my friend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, the fact of the matter is Mo didn't create the salary cap nor did he create the limit for development players annual salary. If Rosenlund was seen as a player that was going to out perform one of the current Senior roster players I'm sure he would have stayed on the senior roster.

Being overly loyal to Canadian players simply because they are Canadian is weak. Having said that, I like Rosenlund he is a decent enough player and no one deserves to make 18k a year no matter what full time job they do, anywhere. I do think though that blaming Mo is a bit misdirected. Blame the MLS structure.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nature of the beast at the pro level. Everyone gets ranked and if you outperform others you move up and if you don't you move down. I agree with Pigfynn, you can't be guaranteed anything just because you are Canadian. As much as we would all like to see Canadians do well, we shouldn't be sacrificing the team to keep them happy. I think Mo is doing what any person in his spot would do with the given MLS structure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, if you can tell me another way to improve our record from last season by adding higher quality players, i'm all ears

damned if you do, damned if you don't

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe Rosenlund was bumped up to senior roster pay yet. He was on the dev roster all last year, right to the end. Mo didn't need to make a decision on that until now.

Also, regarding loyalty -- he could just "pull a Hemming" a quit and trial elsewhere if he wanted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm positive that Mo would like to give Tyler more than even 30k a year. He's not a fucking sweat shop owner! He probably would love to pay all the younger boys more, it's not possible. End of story really.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mo needs to do everything possible to put the best 11 bodies on the field and have the best subs to back it up. Period.

Being the GM means making tough choices - Mo's not afraid to do what needs to be done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the MLS! It's sad that Garber can't see there putting these players in the poor house with these wages. It rediculous that they havn't looked at raising the salary cap or addressing these issues for especially the younger players to try and keep them in the MLS and not jump to Europe or South America to play for more money.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mo needs to do everything possible to put the best 11 bodies on the field and have the best subs to back it up. Period.

Being the GM means making tough choices - Mo's not afraid to do what needs to be done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you rather they not resign Ricketts? Cut Johann? Not try to bring in other players like Vitti. This goes hand in hand with the Dunivat trade. Nice players to have but they are expendable. I think Mo is trying to create cap space for Vitti with these moves. If there wasn't a cap Roselund would still be a TFC player. You can't be blaming Mo for cutting players to bring in higher quality players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We kinda figured it would be Ibbe, Frei, and Gala as developmental players. If we were to sign Kyle Hall, it was down to Hall or Roselund to fill that final spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn. That's 9 bucks an hour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This does kind of suck though. I like Hemming, I like Rosenlund. They only would have gotten better being here - which would have boded well for the future of our CMNT. This does suck!

The MLS structure sucks. How can you live in a metro area for 18k? or 30k for that matter.

I know its not Mo's fault, its the realities of the job. But what a downer, especially becasue we already lost another promising young Canadian.

Heres hoping Rosenlund lands in Montreal or Vancouver and gets a decent living wage, gets to join a well-run organisation, (I'm not saying TFC isn't-BTW - far from it), and gets to stay in Canada.

Good luck Tyler. We'll miss you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sometimes I wonder why these guys don't try out with League One or League Two teams in England? They'd surely make more than 18K. Look at Simeon Jackson.. gets lots of playing time, definitely making more than 18K, showcasing himself. Or Mike Grella.. same age as Rosenlund, getting a contract at Leeds. Instead these guys like Hemming and Rosenlund trial in Scandinavia.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe if he played better this wouldn't be an issue..

bright lights big city

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think he's gone guys, just being asked to drop down to development roster cash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He could be senior developmental roster player like last year? That gets him $36K?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought people got mad when players left to go to league 1. we called them sellout.

seems like the best idea from a money point of view

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    He could be senior developmental roster player like last year? That gets him $36K?
    I don't think there's anything such as senior dev anymore.

I_AM_CANADIAN

I agree that MLS is the guilty party here. When you're only allowed 18 players on your roster, it gets difficult.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't hate the player, hate the game!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Damn. That's 9 bucks an hour.
    If they worked 40 hours a week, which they dont!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post
    If they worked 40 hours a week, which they dont!
    You could argue that they do. Being a professional soccer player can easily be a full time job.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So did he quit the team? I'm assuming yes, based on this thread, but I'm not 100% certain
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie Knows View Post
    Maybe if he played better this wouldn't be an issue..

bright lights big city

BINGO.

If Rosenlund wants a permanent bump up in pay, either perform better or maybe try USL.

He's never shown me much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

isn't that $18k US?

I know it aint a consolation but at least its not $18k CDN.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, any time there has been a senior team position available for any amount of time, Mo has tried to move a development player UP to get more money in their pocket. He did it for Lombardo, and Tyler. He's not being cold and heartless...he's trying to make life manageable for players and they know that. The alternative is to let the money disappear.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlsintoronto View Post
    Mo has tried to move a development player UP to get more money in their pocket...
    Can I have a raise?

///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just hope the next CBA sees a minimum salary established which a person can live on (i.e. around $40,000), combined with a bump to the overall cap, of course.

And none of this Senior/Dev stuff. Simply a minimum salary and if the player chooses to sign for it they do and that's what they make.