Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can deal with the instant replays, its the 10-second-at-a-time crowd shots that do me in.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Craig Forest Played for West Ham. . did you know that?

He takes every broadcast as an opportunity to remind you.

My 0.02$

(although he never tells how he was not allowed to stay with Chelsea. . or his stint at Norwich? or Ipswitch? or something like that)

Caig Forrerst IS very outspoken TFC fan though, and for that. . I give him props. . .
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    Craig Forest Played for West Ham. . did you know that?

He takes every broadcast as an opportunity to remind you.

My 0.02$

(although he never tells how he was not allowed to stay with Chelsea. . or his stint at Norwich? or Ipswitch? or something like that)

Caig Forrerst IS very outspoken TFC fan though, and for that. . I give him props. . .
    I thought he was a Whitecaps supporter? Oh well. He's good and wish he could be the 1 running the CSA. Maybe something would actually get done!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually think that CBC does a good job, considering that there was bound to be some compromise between the traditional 'grammar' of soccer coverage and what's expected of a North American sports broadcast. I'm surprised that this isn't the consensus opinion. I think that it was really inspired bringing in Nigel and Mitch Peacock rather than attempting to shoehorn some existing CBC Sports personality into an unfamiliar role.

Forrest certainly has his faults, but with few exceptions the ex-player analysts drafted in by soccer broadcasters worldwide contribute little to a broadcast almost as a rule. Someone like, say, David Pleat in England is at least just as poor.

It's Dobson that I really take issue with. He's absolutely terrible as a play-by-play man. He's generally pretty innocuous and does a serviceable job in his other roles for Sportsnet, but he simple is not a live-match commentator and I'd be shocked if he ever became one. A very, very trenchant distinction could be made, last season, between the Forrest-Reed commentary and the Forrest-Dobson matches. He's absolutely brutal. I don't blame him, personally, but he's completely and utterly out of his element.