Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Today's News ,Sunday ,May.24

Two late goals too much for Toronto

Toronto FC surrender two second half goals in 3-2 loss at RFK Stadium

By Chris Snear / MLSnet.com Staff

WASHINGTON -- Toronto FC has defended exceptionally well all season except at RFK Stadium. Despite a late surge, D.C. United came from behind to defeat Toronto FC at RFK Stadium, snapping their four-game losing streak. Conversely, the loss ended Toronto's six-game unbeaten streak.
    TFC has given up just 12 goals all season but seven have been to D.C. United in Washington.
    Danny Dichio scored on TFC's only two shots on the first half but they could not hold onto the lead as United converted on a penalty kick and a rebound after spending the better part of the match in the Toronto's end of the field.

Read more

DC United rally past Toronto FC

Associated Press

WASHINGTON — Jaime Moreno scored on a penalty kick and Luciano Emilio had a goal off a rebound as D.C. United rallied in the second half to beat Toronto FC 3-2 on Saturday night.
    United (3-7-0) trailed 2-1 at halftime before Moreno tied the game in the 70th minute after Marvell Wynne was called for a foul on United's Santino Quaranta.
    The game-winner came 2 minutes later as Emilio scored unassisted off a rebound in front of the net to beat Toronto (4-3-2) goalie Greg Sutton, who had allowed seven goals in his past seven games. ...

Read more

Toronto FC unbeaten streak ends

D.C. United scored goals two minutes apart in the second half on Saturday to stop Toronto FC's unbeaten streak at six games.
    All-time leading Major League Soccer scorer Jaime Moreno converted a penalty kick in the 70th minute and Luciano Emilio followed with a rebound goal in a 3-2 win at RFK Stadium in Washington.
    Gonzalo Peralta also scored for United (3-7), which snapped a four-game losing streak.
    Danny Dichio scored both goals for Toronto, which led 2-1 after the first half despite allowing more scoring chances than D.C. Toronto FC went on a franchise-best 4-0-2 string after losing 4-1 at the same venue last month.
    Included in the streak was a 1-0 win over D.C. United earlier in the week. ...

Read more

Moreno, Emilio help United snap skid

WASHINGTON -- Jaime Moreno and Luciano Emilio each scored in the second half to lead D.C. United to a 3-2 comeback victory over Toronto FC on Saturday in the second game of a home-and-home series.Gonzalo Peralta also tallied for United, which ended a four-game losing streak.
    "For us as a team, we dug ourselves out of a ditch," Emilio said. "This was a big win."
    Danny Dichio scored a pair of first-half goals for Toronto, which recorded a 1-0 triumph over D.C. United on Wednesday. ...

Read more

Toronto still winless at RFK

Reds squander lead against D.C. United Saturday

WASHINGTON -- After squandering two leads and losing 3-2 to D.C. United on Saturday, Toronto FC have now lost all three visits to RFK Stadium and have given up 11 goals in the U.S. capital. Of the 12 goals TFC have conceded this season, seven have been at RFK. "I'll be honest with you before the game I was a little bit concerned about it. I've been here three times now and not won," said a partially joking Carver, who was also with the Newcastle United side that lost to D.C. United 3-1 on July 22, 2000.
    The loss snapped TFC's 6-game unbeaten streak, but unlike their last visit to Washington, the team is brimming with confidence and regardless of the outcome it appears it will stay that way....

Read more

SUNSHINE
    Last edited by denime; 05-25-2008 at 08:12 PM.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not great news today, but at least Sunshine gal looks nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The pleasing thing is that we are very disappointed that we lost the game and that we came against a really good side and put on a decent performance. ... Other than Greg's (Sutton) mistake we could have gotten something from the game. If we hadn't played well and we hadn't scored goals then I would have a problem."
    Seriously was he watching the same game? 2 goals or not we played like shit!!! His comments worry me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
    Seriously was he watching the same game? 2 goals or not we played like shit!!! His comments worry me.
    Ya I agree. Too much negative football after we scored the first goal.

You can't expect to bunker down that early in the game to protect a lead.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
    it was a terrible match by TFC, they fell under early pressure and couldn't handle it, even with the 2nd Dichio goal you knew DC was going to come back to win. Playing on grass you would think would have lifted the players,but they looked uncomfortable on the real stuff, maybe BMO's plastic pitch is our home field advantage.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still winless. All those games...