Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I refuse to blame Wynne or Sutton. Yes, those 2 mistakes led to goals, but how many goals have both of theses guys prevented in the past.

It was a bad game, Toronto looked bad in the 1st half, yet got out with a lead. In the 2nd half they played better, but that's how the MLS is, momentum can change very fast.

We gotta stop with this "one day goat, next day hero" thing.

Let's see what happens next Saturday, as we are playing the LEADERS of the West, yes........LA in first?? hahaha!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    WellPachuco,

this may be the first. But your analysis is bang on.

Wynn has been by far our best player this year. anyone who disputes this is on crack., Sure it was a dumb ass move that caused the second goal. However, he will learn from his mistake. He wasn't the reason for the loss.

As you said our midfield was outclassed tonight. Without looking at the stats I think DC united must have had close to 70% ball control. they controlled the midfield tonight.
    Sort of agreed -- they hardly touched the ball, so they couldn't really hold it up. Biggest issue was that when we did strip the ball, there was no attempt to link up with edu and robinson to allow the rest of the team to move into advanced positions that would keep the movement going; so really, that's everyone's fault.

It was a bad team performance, plain and simple. I don't think you can look at any one area and say it was substantially worse than the others. No one marked Peralta on the first goal, Wynne shouldn't have put his hand anywhere near Quaranta's arm on the second goal and the third was both a bad rebound spill by Sutton and inertia in following in for the rebound by our guys. Hell, Emilio didn't even take off until after it had been hit and he was still first there -- and he's not known for blazing speed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 away goals, a team that was so due for a win. I'm not that worried. Robert shouldn't have taken the Red, Wynne got too aggressive in the box, but hey that's life.

Why do we have to 'blame' people? It's a team game, pointing fingers is something armchair coaches do, and it shows a lack of knowledge about the game.

Toronto was on their heels all game and held no possession, it was only a matter of time, yet you would blame the people that made the mistake that broke it open? It could have, and would have been, anyone on the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the thing, Wynne is blamed for the loss...the reason is:

1) His stupid penalty turned everything around. and if i remember correctly that penalty call came in the 71st minute!!

2) Once Wynne made that stupid decision, it fucked everything up on the backline. We really really started to look disorganized, carver was in a bind with marshall being injured and having all these substitutions to make! I bet carver wished he had at least 2 more sub spots...

3) i really think that we could of held on for the next 20mins for the win, worst case would've been DC ties the game late in like the 88th min. thats why i blame wynne for a stupid mistake that cost us a goal, morale, tactics, and more!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCREDNWHITE View Post

1) His stupid penalty turned everything around. and if i remember correctly that penalty call came in the 71st minute!!
    cant agree.....DC contolled possession and was threatening all night.....a goal was inevitable regardless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On that play they could have easily scored, just because it was sealed with a penalty doesn't mean the goal wouldn't have happened anyway. I'm just saying sure you can point the finger at him but they were going to score anyway on an upcoming play, they should have been ahead at that point already.

You make it sound like TFC had this game in the bag, and the penlty was totally against the run of play and ruined the game. Truth of the matter is DC had us pinned down almost all game, and it was our goals that were agianst the run of play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Judging by the game photo on the TFC homepage, I'd argue we lost because we had a Team America puppet playing for us last night who looked a lot like Robert. Might explain the foul language too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I blame DCU. They hogged the ball.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the thing, Wynne is blamed for the loss...the reason is: ...
    Is there a need to assign blame? The team played quite poorly for the first half, with the defence and Sutton holding up well under quite a pounding. Given how much of the game was played in the box, it's inevitable after someone is going to make a mistake - and Quaranta seemed to look like he had a good shot on goal, so Wynne must have been somewhat desperate.

A mistake yes. But place blame? It's a miracle that Toronto were ahead 2-1 at the half - based on quality of play, DC deserved the win - and we still almost stole it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Is there a need to assign blame? The team played quite poorly for the first half, with the defence and Sutton holding up well under quite a pounding. Given how much of the game was played in the box, it's inevitable after someone is going to make a mistake - and Quaranta seemed to look like he had a good shot on goal, so Wynne must have been somewhat desperate.

A mistake yes. But place blame? It's a miracle that Toronto were ahead 2-1 at the half - based on quality of play, DC deserved the win - and we still almost stole it!
    One of the most sensible posts in this thread. I'm not happy about losing either. However, the amount of knee-jerk posts in this thread are unbelievable. "Wynne is shit, Ricketts is shit, Edu is shit." ENOUGH ALREADY! We lost, it happens. If half the people posting in this thread were managers, they'd have no team!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that I am to blame for the loss, everytime I miss a game... we lose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Broadview View Post
    I blame DCU. They hogged the ball.
    hahahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    Right on. I am so tired of all the whining after a single loss. Everyone let's face facts. Toronto will lose again. This year will not be like last year and along with the 6 game winning streaks I can guarantee that there will be a 2 or 3 game losing streak. It doesn't mean that Carver is an idiot, no he should not be fired. The players do care about the team and they do want to win, they just had an off night.
    I don't believe that anyone is saying that Carver is an idiot or that he should be fired. As far as people speaking their minds that is what this is for. What is frustrating is that some people feel that you should never be negative. But let's face the fact they were shit tonight. They couldn't put 3 passes together ,their first touch was horrible and there was alot of standing around off the ball. There was nothing positive in this game. Even Dichio's goals the keeper was out of position and on the cross and the 2nd goal was a joke. I know they are going to lose ,everyone does but there is losing and than there is what happened last night.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Sort of agreed -- they hardly touched the ball, so they couldn't really hold it up. Biggest issue was that when we did strip the ball, there was no attempt to link up with edu and robinson to allow the rest of the team to move into advanced positions that would keep the movement going; so really, that's everyone's fault.

It was a bad team performance, plain and simple. I don't think you can look at any one area and say it was substantially worse than the others. No one marked Peralta on the first goal, Wynne shouldn't have put his hand anywhere near Quaranta's arm on the second goal and the third was both a bad rebound spill by Sutton and inertia in following in for the rebound by our guys. Hell, Emilio didn't even take off until after it had been hit and he was still first there -- and he's not known for blazing speed.
    Agreed,

We're on the same page with this LOL

Enjoy yhe rest of the weekend.

Well get Montreal on Tuesday in the CC game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that we were getting pinned back a lot...but, all i am saying is that i think we could of held on for 20 more minutes and took the win and at worst a tie...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me: the blame for this loss starts with one thing: tactics.

You can't bunker against a possession team with a one goal lead in the 14th minute and expect to hold the fort for the rest of the game. United looks the worst when they have to play defense, we didn't force them to do that at all. At the very least we need to be able to bring enough pressure to counter attack. Wasn't there.

The mistakes? ya they hurt, but our guys we're definately fatigued out there from defending so much.

This is one game though, I'm not going to read into this too much. Hopefully, we're not going to be that team that bunkers after they get a one goal lead on the road everytime.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I blame Danny Dichio for making this game seem so much closer than it was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    I blame Danny Dichio for making this game seem so much closer than it was.
    LOL - good one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know one thing is that it wasnt my fault so i aint going to lose sleep over it! lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DC deserved the win out of that game. They played better than we did and the final score relfected it, no matter how they got them.

I DO think that Sutton has to work on holding on to the ball. He goes for a block a lot of the time when grabbing it/catching it might be better. I don't know if its a confidence thing or what. SOME shots you have to block. There's nothing else you can hope to do. But some you should be holding on to. And if you do have to block, work on your peripheral vision and presence in order to push the ball out of play or away from attacking players. Too often rebounds off Sutton go straight to opposing players.

If he can pick that part of his game up, we'll have a world class keeper.

Robert needed to be taken off at half. He wasn't helping and was getting too frustrated to be effective with the ball and with his teammates.

Stand out good performances in the game for me: Dichio (obvious), Robinson (probably the reason we didn't lose by more), Smith (changed the game when he was near or on the ball), and Tebily (a number of good touches on the ball, good debut).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems that Brennan can shoot up from the back line and deliver a pinpoint cross to Dichio's head.

Isn't that what Robert and Ricketts are supposed to do from the wings? instead of playing 'dribble this way. lose it that way and fall over making cow eyes at the ref'

Seriously, Jimmy and Dichio are on the same page, but what about the new talent?

The game was lost when Tyrone Marshall left the field.

Tebily was great, but Marshall had been covering the entire back line right until he got subbed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Robert was letting the DC players get under his skin and I wasn't at all surprised to see him sent off towards the end. You could really see the frustration on his face and it was definitely affecting his play.
    What exactly was Robert's red card for? One report said something during the play in front of the net and one report said abusive language??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Breaking News: ...'Even the best Football Teams in the world have a shitty game and lose'... Why does everyone want to 'Micro Manage' TFC? They had a shitty game and lost, It happens you know!! I was having a bad feeling about this game, I thought it would have ended a draw. TFC have had a good run, go back home and re-adjust. I guess that's what the coaches and players will be doing.
    And that is my 'Objective' analysis of 'Who's(The Team) to blame for the loss'

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i understand everyone is pissed we lost i was too
    but get over it lots of games left and danny scored two lovely goals
    lets not get down on the players
    keep it positive and look forward to tuesday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For all that is sane.. can we close this topic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    i understand everyone is pissed we lost i was too
    but get over it lots of games left and danny scored two lovely goals
    lets not get down on the players
    keep it positive and look forward to tuesday
    That's what I was trying to say, in my own way.
    Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We lost. Case closed and it's time to move on and get ready for the next one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeachRed View Post
    What exactly was Robert's red card for? One report said something during the play in front of the net and one report said abusive language??
    Good question. Presumably abusive language. Watching on TV, you can see Robert take the kick, and then start walking along the line a bit, near the linesman, can't really see their heads, but they were close together for a few seconds, and Robert seems to pause, and continues to walk away ... and the linesman's arm goes up. Given that the linesman wasn't involved in the play, and if Robert was swearing after his kick (which seemed pretty good, Sutton almost scored off of it), I'd imagine an American linesman isn't going to understand a word of it, I can only assume he said something pretty unfortunate to the linesman. Particularly as he didn't seem to argue with the red card - so it would appear he knew he had crossed a line ... but I'm theorising here ...

TFC RealDeal RPB

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Did I mention that WYNNE is idiot,who can only run,but not play soccer.
    Honestly, the ref was letting agressive play go alnight and that little push in the box shouldn't have been a penalty. Wynne has been arguably our best defender all year, and to me, he has the most heart on the team and never gives up on a ball.... So... That call was SHITE!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The entire team is too blame for a very poor performance. In my opinion even Carver should shoulder some of the blame, from what we have seen this year Smith should be starting ahead of useless Ricketts.

Wynne, gave that penalty away when we were in very little danger and on the third goal Sutton should have caught the ball or at least punched it away......