Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

both would likely lead to several games, no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colman1860 View Post
    both would likely lead to several games, no?
    It is still 1 game guaranteed... pending league review could be up to 3.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya...what i was saying is that both serious fouls (i read this as off the ball and hidding from the referee) and abusive language to the referee would lead to several games. abusive language to other players...didnt Goldwaithe get sent off for one of these last year? How many games was that? And how many did Dichio get for his fight against Chicago on May 12th, 2007? I dont really know how strict MLS usually is...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess we will find out from the league review. I don't think this warrants any more than a single game (language that is... the actual reason for the ejection). If you look at some of the more serious fouls like Marshall on Cooper and Serioux on Beckham, that is seeimgly the bar for getting 3+ games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that Wynne look off tonight. I felt that we rush things. Only managed to put a few pass together at a time.

We will have a good win in Montreal and get back on the right track!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he won't be out for more then a game but do league ejections count in the Canada cup? Will he be traveling with the team to Montreal?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colman1860 View Post
    Spotting his linesman's raised flag, Gonzalez trotted over and conferred briefly before brandishing a red card in Robert's direction, apparently for a serious foul somewhere in the goalmouth turmoil.
    Well, clearly that's not correct, as Robert took the corner, and never came anywhere near another player before the linesman card went up. Robert was only near the linesman - who knows what foul word he mouthed. I'm surprised the linesman would even be able to tell the difference between a French expletive, and simply an expression, so I can only assume he said something to the linesman in English.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SS TFC View Post
    he won't be out for more then a game but do league ejections count in the Canada cup? Will he be traveling with the team to Montreal?
    He should be there for Montreal. He will miss the LA game at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Ya know, as much as I like Carver I think I agree with you regarding in-game changes. His subs have been coming in just a little too late for my liking. It's not that he's making bad decisions (though I agree Ricketts should have stayed in for the whole 90 minutes tonight), but rather he's making them too late in the game to have the effect he's wanting.
    are you kidding? he did NOTHING!!! he was rightly subbed.
    The problem is that you can;t really lame carver on the changes... to turn this game around you;d need about 5 subs alowed and not 3...
    marshall needed to be taken out cause of injury.. Dichio was tired and not producing for a faster cunny was a right moe as was rickets for smyth.. because he did not do a thing today... to turn the game aroun they should ahve subbed out edu and robert...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me get this straight: we lose (by one) for the first time in seven games and suddenly the knives come out for Robert and Guevara, and whoever else...

honestly.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ QFT. DC played a great game and were able to capitalise on our mistakes. They played an aggressive, attacking game and we just couldn't hold them off.

The world is not ending. And if I see someone calling for Carver's head, they'd better start running.

Bad result, but we were outplayed tonight. Simple as that. Let's regroup and look towards LA now.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noochie View Post
    He should be there for Montreal. He will miss the LA game at least.

I think he might miss the montreal game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koryo View Post
    Let me get this straight: we lose (by one) for the first time in seven games and suddenly the knives come out for Robert and Guevara, and whoever else...

honestly.
    couldn't agree more! i unfortunately didn't get to see the game, but seriously, 1 loss in 7 games and people are going CRAZY! chalk it up to a learning experience and move on...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its more aobut how we lost too. I mean we blew that game big time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a tough game, I knew DCU would be very strong this game. They kept us off our game most of the night, tons of pressure, and some lucky breaks.

They deserved the win. Hopefully this will be a spur in our side to play better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ QFT. DC played a great game and were able to capitalise on our mistakes. They played an aggressive, attacking game and we just couldn't hold them off.

The world is not ending. And if I see someone calling for Carver's head, they'd better start running.

Bad result, but we were outplayed tonight. Simple as that. Let's regroup and look towards LA now.
    it looked like some of it was self-inflicted though.
    just like wednesday, it looked like they were vying for a 1-0 win.
    unfortunately, soccer is such that it is possible to play 11 deep to preserve a 1-0 lead for an hour-plus. i just think the strategy stinks and if you get burned well, then, you deserve to.
    at least this is what it looked like from the cheap seats.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right on. I am so tired of all the whining after a single loss. Everyone let's face facts. Toronto will lose again. This year will not be like last year and along with the 6 game winning streaks I can guarantee that there will be a 2 or 3 game losing streak. It doesn't mean that Carver is an idiot, no he should not be fired. The players do care about the team and they do want to win, they just had an off night.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

minutes if not more.ll, clearly that's not correct, as Robert took the corner, and never came anywhere near another player before the linesman card went up. Robert was only near the linesman - who knows what foul word he mouthed. I'm surprised the linesman would even be able to tell the difference between a French expletive, and simply an expression, so I can only assume he said something to the linesman in English.[/quote]

I think he told the linesman " Voulez Vous couchez avec moi" and the linesman go either offended or turned on. Maybe he wanted to send Robert off for a quick shower for an early start to the night.

With 20 seconds left inthe game Robert has forfeited at least the next 90 minutes. Selfish.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

18392]Let me get this straight: we lose (by one) for the first time in seven games and suddenly the knives come out for Robert and Guevara, and whoever else...

honestly.[/quote]

It's not the loss that hurts. We aren't going to win every game. It's just they way they played (or didn't play) that makes it hurt.

It was a collective team stinker. No one was into the game. All I ask for is an honest .All I ask for is an honest 90+ minute effort. Ean your paycheque.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    Why was he taken out. Was it a bad decison by Carver?

He has been taken out every game since he came here, to give Smith playing time. Carver is doing it because he wants both of them to develop. They are both young, and need to develop. They represent the future for TFC.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    He has been taken out every game since he came here, to give Smith playing time. Carver is doing it because he wants both of them to develop. They are both young, and need to develop. They represent the future for TFC.

Trane,

I realize that. However, that is the simple answer. Look at his decision and why wouldn't he leave RR in and take out either Edu or Robert. Both were having atough night. Robert had the hot temper and evreyone knew he was going to blow a fuse. If Craver had more confidence in RR he could have loked at taking out either Edu or Robert instaed which seemed more logical on the night. That's why I think Carver doesn't have as much confidence in some of his players as people think he does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess it's better this way than if it were another team that beat us. I it was like New England or something, they wouldgo ahead of us in the standins, DC is only at 9.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuck it, i hope last night was a one off, we didn't change our tactics and we needed to, that to some extent is carver's fault, but i'm not gonna turn on the guy after one performance, he's been brilliant and spot on thus far, i have faith he'll sort it out, losing was a team effort tonight, and everyone need to accept the blame, we'll regroup, up the reds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DC had a lot riding on that game and due to the return of Fred, was better able to achieve a win.

After a sleep I'm still pissed off about the result but I can see some positives from the match. Dichio's goals were solid field efforts, not a blooper due to a defensive error like the first DCU game. As for DCU's goals 2 of the 3, maybe all three, were due to our errors, not superior DC play. The scoreline should have been 2-1 TFC.

I am worried that we can go from really tight one-touch passing to kicking every thing down field like the old days in the course of a week. Falling back on bad habits may shows a lack of mental toughness. Considering we've got a lot of away games coming up due to this crazy schedule, this needs addressed.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you guys are missing the bigger picture here.
    The game was played in DC...what else is in DC? The GOVERNMENT of the United States.
    Obviously the neo-cons and the illuminati are responsible for TFC's loss last night. I heard they planned it at bohemian grove last summer.

It all makes sense now!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty surprised at the level of disapointment in this thread. we scored twice and snacked on their weak defense with one guy up front with not many more chances than the scoreline.
    As for the substitutions I can see that Carver expected better from Robert and Guevara and they went off the boil. we have heard to expect this when things are going sour for the team. Robert ALMOST made it the whole game and I'm sure Carver was as surprised as the rest of us when Robert was sent off.
    Wnne's mistake was surprising even though the man in black made a meal of it Marvell knows better than inviting calls in the box. DC had our M.O. all game. Shut down the wings and retain posession for their not too terrible guys up front.
    It was a deserved win. Our team needs more work and another player but I think we have some key ingrediants to make a run for the league this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Pretty surprised at the level of disapointment in this thread. we scored twice and snacked on their weak defense with one guy up front with not many more chances than the scoreline.
    As for the substitutions I can see that Carver expected better from Robert and Guevara and they went off the boil. we have heard to expect this when things are going sour for the team. Robert ALMOST made it the whole game and I'm sure Carver was as surprised as the rest of us when Robert was sent off.
    Wnne's mistake was surprising even though the man in black made a meal of it Marvell knows better than inviting calls in the box. DC had our M.O. all game. Shut down the wings and retain posession for their not too terrible guys up front.
    It was a deserved win. Our team needs more work and another player but I think we have some key ingrediants to make a run for the league this year.
    You can't understand the disappointment?

We were winning and then that changed in 90 seconds. Another reason is that we were playing for a 1-0 game. I'm sorry but when there's 77 minutes in the game, you really should go for more. It's almost like they're afraid of attacking.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bars92 View Post
    Word. Wynne is hopeless. On the positive side, someone that knows how to play, Tebily is gonna be a good player for us.

Wynne is one of of our better defenders, yes he made a bad judgement on the penalty, but he will learn from it.... Tebily will be a stong addition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't pin blame on anyone person. They were outplayed badly for almost the whole game and by all rights should not have been winning at half. They had trouble relieving pressure from the outset. Having said that, DC is talented and was desperate for the win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were outplayed the entire match. The shots tell the story of what I was watching. Dichio was the only player that was really inspiring to watch last night.