Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alarius View Post
    I said this before; DC are no push overs, and we have to improve our attack.

But regardless of the small blunders by certain players, I thought they did well given the pressure they were on. They need to practice keeping possession against pressure, clearing to the opposition isn't a good tactic.

Sutton was fantastic, that final goal was a scorcher, not many can hang on to the ball moving like that.

But the biggest bonehead of the game was Carver... terrible tactics, trying to keep Dichio in and absorb all that pressure when we had the lead..
    If we had subbed in Cunny for Dichio, Smith for Robert just 10 Minutes before, we would have forced them to pull back. Even my friend who was watching the game beside me, and not a huge football follower asked me why were weren't brining in a faster forward. The DC defense were starting to tire.
    As for Robert, he was frustrated, but he did us no favors by losing his cool. He should be benched and Smith given the start.
    Agreed,

For all the good Carver has done this year, I think today he is the dink of the day.
    You can chalk up this loss to his bad decison making an dfor not having the players ready. I hope at leats he reads them the riot act on the plane home.

I really feel sorry for those die hard TFC fans who made vthe trek down to washington for the game. They deserved better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Wynne needs to learn how to be a better positional defender, and also to be physical without sticking his hands out.
    Honestly, Wynne has been incredibly good this season. He is the team's most improved player and is probably the #2 right back in MLS right now (behind Hejduk of Columbus). He just lost his mind/composure for a split second and it cost us. he knows that he made a very bad decision. I'm sure we wont see a repeat.

Wynne is our most improved player in my mind. If I had one complaint, he's a terrible crosser of the ball. I'll never understand how a guy can be a wing back and not be able to cross.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=noochie;18275]The lack of playing the ball on the ground from the start was shocking. They need to establish the ground game and stop spraying the ball around like panties at an Englebert Humperdink concert. That goes for Sutton too, who constantly tries to pick out Dichio from within a swarm of black shirts. After the first 8 or 9 times... it gets really really old.

Carver needed to make changes early... with all the arms in the air and players slamming balls into the ad boards, it was time way earlier. I truly hope this is not a step back for the lads, they had been playing so tight until tonight. I am willing to write one off. I am excited that they are back in action so quickly on Tuesday night.[/quote]

Yes after a bad and disapponting loss like tonight you want to get right back ou there. They won't have much time to dwell on it and a good performance on Tuesday vs Montreal may get them back on track for the LA game.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was a team loss, we were taking it to easy. I am all for sittinh back and defending, but if you are going to do that you need, to start from the midfield in, and not waite untill they are 10 yards from you own goals, you also must keep posession. We took it to easy, and they made us pay for it. Your assessment of RIcketts is way off, you simply do not like him. He played not better or worse then any other mid, when they played the played well, but for the most part they took it easy, and United them pay. I fucking hate lossing in this league.
    Why was he taken out. Was it a bad decison by Carver?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone here agree that we should take this loss, stop talking about it .. and move on to the next game? I see what.. 3 posts regarding this game already..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    Okay Cash Cleaner this is my point precisely.

Carver knew EDU and Robert were both struggling. Carver knew that Robert already ahd one yellow and was on the brink of getting another. His frustartion was evident all night. Why then did he take RR out. Someon give me a valid reason. If RR was doing okay why wasn't he left in. I know he isn't a goakl scorer and I don't want goals from him. I do however want him to get involved in the plays and create some chances and they weren't there. Also most of the DC united attacks were happening on the right side of the field tonight - his side, so he wasn't doing much helping out there either.

I'm not signalling only him out tonight because it was a terrible night for all players (except Dichio and Sutton) and a terrible night for Carver and his decision making. However, RR has to start bringing it some time. when ???
    Hey everybody, it's Giambac trying to disguise yet another anti-Rohan Ricketts thread as a meaningful discussion!

Fuck, you're transparent.

We lost tonight because we were outworked and outthought. We looked like a team that hadn't lost in six and we played like we thought we couldn't lose. The third goal was a bad muff by Sutton.

The defense spent the entire night hoofing the ball away instead oflinking through Robinson and Edu. It was just a bad performance. However, I'm sure you'll happily elucidate on how this entire performance was Ricketts fault.

Douche bag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why was he taken out. Was it a bad decison by Carver?
    The only reason it was a bad decision by Carver was because, it should have been Robert stepping out..

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bars92 View Post
    Word. Wynne is hopeless. On the positive side, someone that knows how to play, Tebily is gonna be a good player for us.
    Agreed on Tebily, looks solid on the defensive end.

About wynne, yes, he made a very amateur mistake tonight which turned the game around and gave DC the tying goal. However, I don't remember any goals conceited by us this yea rthat wynne was directly responsible for so i dont get how you can say he's HOPELESS. The man has been one of our most consistent plays this year and he is fully aware of his mistake. It probably wont happen again Carver will make sure of it.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wynne needs to learn how to be a better positional defender, and also to be physical without sticking his hands out.
    Marvell is able to make up many of his shortcomings with pace but it's difficult to do so in the box and in close quarters.

Trane is right...better positional play will help...he's still learning...
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alarius View Post
    The only reason it was a bad decision by Carver was because, it should have been Robert stepping out..
    Agreed. Robert was getting mauled all night and couldn't buy a call and was a powder keg ready to blow by about the 65th minute. But once we'd gone down, Carver probably thought we couldn't afford to lose his potential to pull out a goal.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya know, as much as I like Carver I think I agree with you regarding in-game changes. His subs have been coming in just a little too late for my liking. It's not that he's making bad decisions (though I agree Ricketts should have stayed in for the whole 90 minutes tonight), but rather he's making them too late in the game to have the effect he's wanting.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Hey everybody, it's Giambac trying to disguise yet another anti-Rohan Ricketts thread as a meaningful discussion!

Fuck, you're transparent.

We lost tonight because we were outworked and outthought. We looked like a team that hadn't lost in six and we played like we thought we couldn't lose. The third goal was a bad muff by Sutton.

The defense spent the entire night hoofing the ball away instead oflinking through Robinson and Edu. It was just a bad performance. However, I'm sure you'll happily elucidate on how this entire performance was Ricketts fault.

Douche bag.
    Why do you always seem to avoid answering the question???

Why did Carver take out RR instaed of Robert knowing that Robert was hurt, frustratrede and already ahd a yellow. why did Carver take out RR whe nEdu was playing like shit.

Does that not tell you something. I think Carver knows more about the team and his palyers tahn you, I and the rest of the people on this forum.

why do you always avoid answering the question. because you are clue less and don't unsersatnd the game. Your response is to call me a douche bag because of my opinion for which you can't even provide an answer to.

Buddy it's past your bedtime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just one of those games.....bounces didnt go their way, totally dominated by DC in the midfield, back line looked shaky clearing balls, goalkeeping was just bad.....plus they went on the road against a team totally desperate for a result. we are going to have these types of games every now and again...the important thing is how they bounce back from it....that being said,what is with Ricketts?....havent been impressed at all with him..he's just non existent.....speed to burn but doesnt use it to take on defenders what so ever....justs holds the ball up and doesnt even put in crosses....Smith is all effort..runs at defenders and gets in dangerous positions....he should start in place of RR, no question about it.....

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coisty1966 View Post
    just one of those games.....bounces didnt go their way, totally dominated by DC in the midfield, back line looked shaky clearing balls, goalkeeping was just bad.....plus they went on the road against a team totally desperate for a result. we are going to have these types of games every now and again...the important thing is how they bounce back from it....that being said,what is with Ricketts?....havent been impressed at all with him..he's just non existent.....speed to burn but doesnt use it to take on defenders what so ever....justs holds the ball up and doesnt even put in crosses....Smith is all effort..runs at defenders and gets in dangerous positions....he should start in place of RR, no question about it.....

Jloome,

Not everyoone is a jackass like you.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still don't think Ricketts is deserving of all the blame he tends to get, but I will totally agree that Smith is really shaping up to be a contender with this team. I can't comment on whether or not he should be stating, but he's certainly coming in as a very strong sub.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i missed the game tonight, just saw the highlights...
    dc 3rd goal was brutal...sutton looked like a schoolboy on that play....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/b]

Jloome,

Not everyoone is a jackass like you.
    It's 'everyone', Giambac. And take your time before flaming back; I'm sure you can come up with something a bit more prosaic than that.

Oh, sorry:

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This pro·sa·ic Audio Help /proʊˈzeɪɪk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[proh-zey-ik] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –adjective 1.commonplace or dull; matter-of-fact or unimaginative: a prosaic mind. 2.of or having the character or form of prose rather than poetry.
    Also, pro·sa·i·cal.

[Origin: 1650–60; LL prōsaicus. See prose, -ic]

—Related formspro·sa·i·cal·ly, adverb

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    It's 'everyone', Giambac. And take your time before flaming back; I'm sure you can come up with something a bit more prosaic than that.

Oh, sorry:

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This pro·sa·ic Audio Help /proʊˈzeɪɪk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[proh-zey-ik] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –adjective 1.commonplace or dull; matter-of-fact or unimaginative: a prosaic mind. 2.of or having the character or form of prose rather than poetry.
    Also, pro·sa·i·cal.

[Origin: 1650–60; LL prōsaicus. See prose, -ic]

—Related formspro·sa·i·cal·ly, adverb
    You still ahven't answered the quaetion.. No answer???

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bars92 View Post
    Word. Wynne is hopeless.
    Time for somebody to go to bed...never read such an idiotic statement on here and thats saying something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gotta say that Gallardo being in top form tonight didnt help us either....that guy was fantastic! its like he had the ball on a string....held onto it in traffic with ease and just created chances all night...i think our midfield gave him way too much time on the ball...a few hard tackles as soon as he touched the ball might have served us well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here we go. Let's just shit on Wynne now. yeah one bone head move and we forget how damn good he's been all season. WE LOST BECAUSE OF OUR MIDFIELD TODAY. wake up and realize that we had 0 ball possession and our defense was put under extreme pressure the entire game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colman1860 View Post
    Time for somebody to go to bed...never read such an idiotic statement on here and thats saying something.
    i didnt get that one when i read it either!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VPjr View Post
    Honestly, Wynne has been incredibly good this season. He is the team's most improved player and is probably the #2 right back in MLS right now (behind Hejduk of Columbus). He just lost his mind/composure for a split second and it cost us. he knows that he made a very bad decision. I'm sure we wont see a repeat.

Wynne is our most improved player in my mind. If I had one complaint, he's a terrible crosser of the ball. I'll never understand how a guy can be a wing back and not be able to cross.
    Didn't continue reading the thread before ripping that guy who said wynne is hopeless. Very good analysis by you two - I absolutely love Marvell, and never really considered his crossing, but its true...i cant remember ever seeing a nice cross from him (in contrast to jimmy b tonight). I was at the washroom during the penalty so i cant comment on it - from what im reading on here it was a stupid mistake which is not likely to happen today. Marvell is a beast. He's allowed one mistake.

One other thing - and I may take some ripping for this. I know we were under huge pressure all game, but mostly DC just missed chances by missing the net or shooting weekly directly at Sutton. I was one of the few who were very confident in Greg before the season and I absolutely love his play so far this year, but I wasnt so impressed tonight. DC's big chance in the first half was a shot right at him for which he let out a big rebound. On their first goal he began to come out on the cross, then hesitated, and was out of position as the ball came through the 6 yard box to perralta. Yes, Dichio loses the original header and somebody was asleep and wasnt following Perralta, but one could definitely ask for better positioning from Greg. Second goal isn't his fault as it's a penalty. Third was a stinker. Also, rebound control was shaky throughout the night (thinking of DC's goal that was called back on offside, as well as two chances in the first half where shots were right at him but he didnt try to catch them). No real point to that long speel - I love the big man and would never even think about suggesting that Edwards should play instead of him, as he's played an outstanding season so far. I just dont really agree with those that say he was the only one who kept us in it tonight (along with Dichio).

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    Here we go. Let's just shit on Wynne now. yeah one bone head move and we forget how damn good he's been all season. WE LOST BECAUSE OF OUR MIDFIELD TODAY. wake up and realize that we had 0 ball possession and our defense was put under extreme pressure the entire game.
    WellPachuco,

this may be the first. But your analysis is bang on.

Wynn has been by far our best player this year. anyone who disputes this is on crack., Sure it was a dumb ass move that caused the second goal. However, he will learn from his mistake. He wasn't the reason for the loss.

As you said our midfield was outclassed tonight. Without looking at the stats I think DC united must have had close to 70% ball control. they controlled the midfield tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WellPachuco,

this may be the first. But your analysis is bang on.

Wynn has been by far our best player this year. anyone who disputes this is on crack., Sure it was a dumb ass move that caused the second goal. However, he will learn from his mistake. He wasn't the reason for the loss.

As you said our midfield was outclassed tonight. Without looking at the stats I think DC united must have had close to 70% ball control. they controlled the midfield tonight.
    QFFT. The worst thing about this loss is the red card to Robert. Dumbest move in history (whatever he did - didnt see a replay). There were 20 left in the game, and he took himself out for another 90 (again, depending on what he did it could be more). Was it a straight red or a second yellow?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by katatonic View Post
    That sums it up!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love to see some possesion stats - giambac's estimate of 70% sounds generous to us. Too bad (or good, i guess) that mlsnet doesnt have em

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colman1860 View Post
    QFFT. The worst thing about this loss is the red card to Robert. Dumbest move in history (whatever he did - didnt see a replay). There were 20 left in the game, and he took himself out for another 90 (again, depending on what he did it could be more). Was it a straight red or a second yellow?
    Straight Red. Carver should have pulled him off. This squad is better off with him in it. Ah well... perhaps Ricketts plays on the Left next game and Smith gets a start, I want more Smith!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mlsnet article:

Spotting his linesman's raised flag, Gonzalez trotted over and conferred briefly before brandishing a red card in Robert's direction, apparently for a serious foul somewhere in the goalmouth turmoil.

however, match report:

TOR -- Laurent Robert (ejection; Abusive Language) 95+