Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    Yeah, I don't mind people breaking down the game, but its the extremities that I post about....TFC is the greatest team in victory, but after one defeat, people suddenly say Guevara looks unmotivated, Robert is selfish, etc. It's all about moderation, the wins are never as great as they seem, and the losses are never as bad. Of course, the boys must learn from those mistakes and improve for Saturday, but other than that, save maybe for a Sutton error, they could've taken a point in a game they had no business doing so.
    You're right in saying that TFC has a hard time matching teams for goals, but providing the coaching staff gets to the root of the problems in DC, corrects it this week in practice, and coupled with facing a short-handed Galaxy squad this weekend, I say the boys get back to their winning ways.
    Holy Hannah.
    A voice of reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My beef is with Carl Robinson and Maurice Edu.... Both players are defense first and we need more. I was disappointed with Rohan this game. He had a chance on goal and he got indecisive!!! When in doubt JUST SHOOT! That's why Dicho scores, even though he's slow....

Just once I'd like to see how we play without "hot potato" Carl....

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by netsan View Post
    When in doubt JUST SHOOT! That's why Dicho scores, even though he's slow....
    QFT...I am shocked at how gunshy this team is sometimes.

They should take a page from the amateurs sometimes. I play with a Brit who will take a shot from 30 feet out if he has a clear line. He has a bullet for a shot...his aim isn't the best, but he does test the keeper. I dont see why a professional couldn't put a ball on net. Look what happened with the goal that finally beat us on Saturday. That nice fat rebound was a result of a shot from outside the box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    QFT...I am shocked at how gunshy this team is sometimes.

They should take a page from the amateurs sometimes. I play with a Brit who will take a shot from 30 feet out if he has a clear line. He has a bullet for a shot...his aim isn't the best, but he does test the keeper. I dont see why a professional couldn't put a ball on net. Look what happened with the goal that finally beat us on Saturday. That nice fat rebound was a result of a shot from outside the box.
    AMEN!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jaysus, we can’t go undefeated the entire season. They dropped a match by a goal on the road. Big picture here folks. A new streak will begin, keep the faith – it’s a long season!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by netsan View Post
    My beef is with Carl Robinson and Maurice Edu.... Both players are defense first and we need more. I was disappointed with Rohan this game. He had a chance on goal and he got indecisive!!! When in doubt JUST SHOOT! That's why Dicho scores, even though he's slow....

Just once I'd like to see how we play without "hot potato" Carl....
    It never hurts to take a shot on goal.

I've been coaching both hockey and soccer and have always told my players only good thing s can happen when you shoot on goal.

You are correct, to many players are indecisive. Fuck shot the damn ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    It never hurts to take a shot on goal.

I've been coaching both hockey and soccer and have always told my players only good thing s can happen when you shoot on goal.

You are correct, to many players are indecisive. Fuck shot the damn ball.
    I tend to agree more with the “shoot and good things will happen” philosophy in hockey but soccer is a much different animal. Making quick decisions to rifle a ball off because there is only a split-second window often results in missed targets/ net or easy grabbable saves in soccer. Seldom do you see a huge rebound that spurts out to the opposition before a defender can clear it away. I think the Edu/ Robinson frustration comes from a lack of offensive skill rather than decisions they are making or not making to shoot the ball.