Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Who is to blame for the loss

Okay what a shit game I mean totally SHIT. They were terrible tonight, maybe it was overconfidence but this wasn't the same TFC that went 3-0-2 at home only conceeding one goal.

I know Carver didn't want to change the starting lineup going into tonights game. Why change what has been working. Well he better make changes for the next game.

Who is to blame for tonights Loss

Sutton - looked shaky on the third goal. But give him a break. He was our best player again tonight and without him they would have lost by 3-4 goals. Yu have to feel for the guy. He gave it all tonight again

Wynn- dumb ass move to give up the penalty shot. what was he thinking?

Midfield - This was their worst gaae since game 2 which was also in DC. All of them didn't have their leags and their passes weren't crisp. Totally out of sync

Edu - what the fuck is up with this guy this year?

Robert - showing his frustartion by getting thrown out at the end of the game. This will hurt as he will have to miss at least the next game. Total SELFISH Move

Carver- Why did he wait so long to make his changes. He should have made them when they were up 2-1. He could have taken Robert given that he already ahd a yellow and it was quite obvious that he was frustrated out there and you could have seen the 2nd yellow was going to happen.

Ricketts - What the hell is up with this guy? Is he ever going to show up for a match. It tells you alot when the coach pulled himout in the second halff. Coach Carver knew that Robert already had a yellow card and was at risk of getting a second yellow. Also Robert wasn't having a good game and looked like he was injured, The natural choice was Robert. Yet Carver knowing all this took RR out because once again he wasn't performing. He sure wasn't doing anything on the offence side and most of the attcks by Dc were on his right side. He shouldn't be starting next game yet probaly will by default given Roberts situation. RR blew another 4 on 2 opportunity in the first half.

Montreal Game - I think Carver has to make some changes. This will be a good game to start Smith and see what he can do. He will satrt in place of Robert

The only positive thing about tonights loss is that it may bring this team back down to earth. It's a long season and maybe a loss tonight will show them that they can't take any games lightly, especially on the road.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

toronto needs to pass the ball well...i don't like balls flying all over the place!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I blame our complacency for the loss tonight. Why did we let up whenever we were in the lead? We should have been going for the jugular throughout much of the first and second halves. By letting DC control possession in our own half, it was only a matter of time before defensive lapses cost us the lead and then the game. We need to play more authoritative football when we're ahead in a match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    Okay what a shit game I mean totally SHIT. They were terrible tonight, maybe it was overconfidence but this wasn't the same TFC that went 3-0-2 at home only conceeding one goal.
    One bright spot mate is we scored 2 goals.

At least we are well ahead of last year when goals were like hen's teeth

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal Game - I think Carver has to make some changes. This will be a good game to start Smith and see what he can do. He will satrt in place of Robert

Roberts red card doesn't apply to this game as it is Canada Cup. Really no need to rest him as he's going to miss the next game anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by katatonic View Post
    toronto needs to pass the ball well...i don't like balls flying all over the place!!!!
    QFT. We gave up way too much possession by just throwing the ball up the field all night. It's hard to develop any rhythm when your opponent always has the ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the big fellah was superb again and fully deserved his 2 goals...quality and a Shearer-style goal celebration for the 2nd.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robert was letting the DC players get under his skin and I wasn't at all surprised to see him sent off towards the end. You could really see the frustration on his face and it was definitely affecting his play.

Wynne's push on Quaranta was such a bone-head move as well. What was the guy thinking?! Not like him to make such an amateur mistake like that.

Those two stick out in my mind, but I'd also have to give credit to DC for playing a very offence-oriented game. They kept the pressure on and we simply couldn't counter.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-Tor View Post
    One bright spot mate is we scored 2 goals.

At least we are well ahead of last year when goals were like hen's teeth
    I know we scored 2 goals and on most nights 2 goals will be enough. But we had no scoring chances tonight and that is my concern. Our midfield was totally, I mean totally outplayed and outclassed tonight. There was no build up of passes, no crisp passes, everything was soft and not on target.

maybe you just ahve to sum it up as one of those nights where everything goes wrong. each team will have 1 otr 2 of tahese during the season. we now have had 2 , both against DC United.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by camcamy View Post
    Roberts red card doesn't apply to this game as it is Canada Cup. Really no need to rest him as he's going to miss the next game anyway.
    Okay that's better. Start Smith in place of a useless RR.
    I think RR is quickly finding out that the MLS isn't as easy as he may have thought. I think Carver is losing patience with him. How else can you explain why Carver took RR out again when it was obvious that Edu and Robert were also struggling and Robert had the yellow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No outlet to relief the pressure..
    We played much better with Smith and Cunny on the field.. streaching DC..

did Guevara try to punch that guy? Robert needs to chill out..

I can only imagine what these guys will do if we get into a slump or something.. bench brawl comes to mind..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For Robert's red card, I blame Carver cuz Robert was due to be replaced at the 75th minute, he looked very agressive and you can tell that was coming.
    For the Penalty, It's a no brainer. Very poor decision from Wynne but the kid is still learning and I'm sure you will not see him doing that ever again.
    The third goal, honestly, It's Sutton fault. He should either punched that ball or caught it but as an experienced GK with a good vision of your territory, you should not trust your defence in collecting a rebound all the time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Limani_Ole View Post
    No outlet to relief the pressure..
    We played much better with Smith and Cunny on the field.. streaching DC..

did Guevara try to punch that guy? Robert needs to chill out..

I can only imagine what these guys will do if we get into a slump or something.. bench brawl comes to mind..
    We were warned about both Robert and Guevera. when things are going well these 2 guys will look super. However when things aren't going their way they could and will lose their temper. It was quite obvious that Robert was frustrated tonight and you could see him being ejected. It was a tolatal selfish move which will effect the taem against La next saturday. and yes, it looke dlike Guevera did try and through a puch at the DC player. I must say the DC player did over react however. Some refs may have called it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Yes, Guevara certainly looked like he was taking a swipe at MacTavish (I think that's who it was). Robert seriously needs to chill and direct his anger elsewhere. I agree that Carver should have subbed him out before he crossed the line.

Ricketts certainly didn't look all that bad to me though. He showed some good energy.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DC just wanted it more than us tonight...you can tell with the way they were playing, winning every loose ball...they badly needed a win, and they deserved it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfctillidie View Post
    DC just wanted it more than us tonight...you can tell with the way they were playing, winning every loose ball...they badly needed a win, and they deserved it
    Well said,
    we looked too confident today and they wanted the win more than us.
    We have to be hungrier for wins if we want to make it big in this league.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm impressed with the fact that this is the first thread Giambac has started without shitting all over Dichio!

Seriously, I thought a tie would have been fair...the turning point was the penalty and Wynne will know that...
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kdzb View Post
    Well said,
    we looked too confident today and they wanted the win more than us.
    We have to be hungrier for wins if we want to make it big in this league.
    I think there was a severe lack of confidence tonight, we had no possesion most of the game, like the players lost trust in each other. Oh well, it takes time to build a team and team chemistry. Entertaining game.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    ^ Yes, Guevara certainly looked like he was taking a swipe at MacTavish (I think that's who it was). Robert seriously needs to chill and direct his anger elsewhere. I agree that Carver should have subbed him out before he crossed the line.

Ricketts certainly didn't look all that bad to me though. He showed some good energy.
    Okay Cash Cleaner this is my point precisely.

Carver knew EDU and Robert were both struggling. Carver knew that Robert already ahd one yellow and was on the brink of getting another. His frustartion was evident all night. Why then did he take RR out. Someon give me a valid reason. If RR was doing okay why wasn't he left in. I know he isn't a goakl scorer and I don't want goals from him. I do however want him to get involved in the plays and create some chances and they weren't there. Also most of the DC united attacks were happening on the right side of the field tonight - his side, so he wasn't doing much helping out there either.

I'm not signalling only him out tonight because it was a terrible night for all players (except Dichio and Sutton) and a terrible night for Carver and his decision making. However, RR has to start bringing it some time. when ???

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post

I noticed during the homestand Robert lash out o more than one occation...a touch more disipline is needed...
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay Cash Cleaner this is my point precisely.

Carver knew EDU and Robert were both struggling. Carver knew that Robert already ahd one yellow and was on the brink of getting another. His frustartion was evident all night. Why then did he take RR out. Someon give me a valid reason. If RR was doing okay why wasn't he left in. I know he isn't a goakl scorer and I don't want goals from him. I do however want him to get involved in the plays and create some chances and they weren't there. Also most of the DC united attacks were happening on the right side of the field tonight - his side, so he wasn't doing much helping out there either.

I'm not signalling only him out tonight because it was a terrible night for all players (except Dichio and Sutton) and a terrible night for Carver and his decision making. However, RR has to start bringing it some time. when ???
    Your guess is as good as mine.

I would have liked to see Ricketts play out the game as well.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post
    I'm impressed with the fact that this is the first thread Giambac has started without shitting all over Dichio!

Seriously, I thought a tie would have been fair...the turning point was the penalty and Wynne will know that...

No man I admired what Dichio did tonight. He was the only player tonight. I felt for the guy. All our defencence and midfiled were doing was kicking the ball upfield and it was poor Dichio by himself most of the night. He at least gave us a chance for the win or tie.

Tonight summary

DC United 3
    Dichio and Sutton 2

It was like 11 vs 2 players tonight.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfctillidie View Post
    SO true.we can blame whole team if we want it doesn't matter now.DC wanted and needed this win more than us.
    BTW Did I mention that WYNNE is idiot,who can only run,but not play soccer.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just riding you Giambac...cheap shot dude...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Word. Wynne is hopeless. On the positive side, someone that knows how to play, Tebily is gonna be a good player for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The lack of playing the ball on the ground from the start was shocking. They need to establish the ground game and stop spraying the ball around like panties at an Englebert Humperdink concert. That goes for Sutton too, who constantly tries to pick out Dichio from within a swarm of black shirts. After the first 8 or 9 times... it gets really really old.

Carver needed to make changes early... with all the arms in the air and players slamming balls into the ad boards, it was time way earlier. I truly hope this is not a step back for the lads, they had been playing so tight until tonight. I am willing to write one off. I am excited that they are back in action so quickly on Tuesday night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was a team loss, we were taking it to easy. I am all for sittinh back and defending, but if you are going to do that you need, to start from the midfield in, and not waite untill they are 10 yards from you own goals, you also must keep posession. We took it to easy, and they made us pay for it. Your assessment of RIcketts is way off, you simply do not like him. He played not better or worse then any other mid, when they played the played well, but for the most part they took it easy, and United them pay. I fucking hate lossing in this league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wynne needs to learn how to be a better positional defender, and also to be physical without sticking his hands out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said this before; DC are no push overs, and we have to improve our attack.

But regardless of the small blunders by certain players, I thought they did well given the pressure they were on. They need to practice keeping possession against pressure, clearing to the opposition isn't a good tactic.

Sutton was fantastic, that final goal was a scorcher, not many can hang on to the ball moving like that.

But the biggest bonehead of the game was Carver... terrible tactics, trying to keep Dichio in and absorb all that pressure when we had the lead..
    If we had subbed in Cunny for Dichio, Smith for Robert just 10 Minutes before, we would have forced them to pull back. Even my friend who was watching the game beside me, and not a huge football follower asked me why were weren't brining in a faster forward. The DC defense were starting to tire.
    As for Robert, he was frustrated, but he did us no favors by losing his cool. He should be benched and Smith given the start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soccer is team game. They all stunk. Sutton and Dichio were bright spots but not glowing. Danny scored 2 goals which is fantastic (I was really impressed with goal #2...that's a professional goal) but he looked a bit tired other than those 2 brilliant moments and wasn't moving much. Sutton made good saves but he did spill the shot that resulted in the 3rd goal and his kicking game (never his strength) was a little more off tonight than usual.

All in all, not a good game. We looked like TFC of old (and i don't mean the TFC of the 6 game unbeaten streak).

let's hope they get their acts together in Montreal and have confidence for the big game against LA on Saturday.