Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sutton needs to play for tfc next week not Canada

We need sutton for the Galaxy game as proved tonight he kept the score from being a cricket score. The Canada -Brazil match is a friendly and
    TFC needs the points, so Sutton needs to be at BMO next saturday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sutton better not come back with another concussion.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Edwards in net against L.A. the Reds will really have to play huge in front of him, give him great support and not leave him stranded.

Sutton had been playing great of late and when that happens National team call-ups will comes his way, we just have to deal with it and do our best not to make it an excuse for anything that happens while he is away.

Consideration has already been made for TFC with Jimmy B sitting out the Brazil game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    We need sutton for the Galaxy game as proved tonight he kept the score from being a cricket score. The Canada -Brazil match is a friendly and
    TFC needs the points, so Sutton needs to be at BMO next saturday.
    The Brazil friendly is a preparatory match for WC qualifying, so each match is important in its own right. In either case, May 31st is a FIFA international date, so Sutton has every right to answer the call for Canada. The opportunity to play against Brazil is not one that comes very often for CMNT players.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    With Edwards in net against L.A. the Reds will really have to play huge in front of him, give him great support and not leave him stranded.

Sutton had been playing great of late and when that happens National team call-ups will comes his way, we just have to deal with it and do our best not to make it an excuse for anything that happens while he is away.

Consideration has already been made for TFC with Jimmy B sitting out the Brazil game.

If not for Sutton Tonight TFC would have lost by 3-4 goals. I feel sorry for him becasue he will be upset with the 3rd goal. However he was bty far our best player tonight. To bad the other players didn't show up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sutton do doubt has been TFC's best player this year, he has made amazing saves and guided us to victory, I am not taking anything away from the boys up front, but without good to great goaltending it would not matter how many your score.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Ruffrider View Post
    The Brazil friendly is a preparatory match for WC qualifying, so each match is important in its own right. In either case, May 31st is a FIFA international date, so Sutton has every right to answer the call for Canada. The opportunity to play against Brazil is not one that comes very often for CMNT players.
    Canad should just field a team of USL players ( if possible) and leave the TFC with the club, the Canada-Brazil game is meaningless and the outcome...will be in Brazils favor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canad should just field a team of USL players ( if possible) and leave the TFC with the club, the Canada-Brazil game is meaningless and the outcome...will be in Brazils favor.
    This game is hardly meaningless. WC qualifiers start just 2 weeks after this game, so this is a preparatory friendly. Starting a bunch of USL players who will not be playing in any qualifiers... now that is meaningless.

As for the result, Canada has two draws in three home games to date, so let's not write off the red and white completely.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    If not for Sutton Tonight TFC would have lost by 3-4 goals. I feel sorry for him becasue he will be upset with the 3rd goal. However he was bty far our best player tonight. To bad the other players didn't show up.
    Really? You really believe that he STOLE 3-4 goals from DC. I dont think he played a bad game but certanly not outstanding considering the last goal. He was average tonight. Nothing less, Nothing more. He's been exceptional over the past 7 games and certanlyy should atleast be considered for the all-star position but not based on tonights performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I hate losing Sutty and Jimmy B for the LA match, it is only by playing against players of greater quality that you improve. Having said that, if either of them are not starters I'll be mad as hell

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by camcamy View Post
    Really? You really believe that he STOLE 3-4 goals from DC. I dont think he played a bad game but certanly not outstanding considering the last goal. He was average tonight. Nothing less, Nothing more. He's been exceptional over the past 7 games and certanlyy should atleast be considered for the all-star position but not based on tonights performance.
    What are you talking about

Firts gaols was a defensive lapse of the corner
    Second goal was off the penalty kick and Wynn's dumb ass move
    Third goal was Sutton's fault.

I think if you look at the shots on net and the ball control we were totally dominated and sutton kept the game close. I wouldn'rt be surprised if DC had 75% ball control tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any real soccer fan (not just a TFC fan) can not really begrudge Sutton or Brennan from wanting to play for their country vs. BRAZIL. That's a once in a lifetime opportunity and they should be there if Mitchell wants them in the team and they want to go.

I think Jimmy has said he's not going to Seattle for the Brazil game but Greg should, even if he doesn't get more than a half of action. He's Canada's most in-form GK at the moment and deserves to get the cap vs. Brazil.

Remember, the Galaxy will likely be missing both Landon and Becks so

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    What are you talking about

Firts gaols was a defensive lapse of the corner
    Second goal was off the penalty kick and Wynn's dumb ass move
    Third goal was Sutton's fault.

I think if you look at the shots on net and the ball control we were totally dominated and sutton kept the game close. I wouldn'rt be surprised if DC had 75% ball control tonight.
    I never said any of the first two goals were suttons fault, I said he played average. The goals that were supposed to go in, went in, and the ones he was supposed to save, he saved. He made one or two nice saves, and made a bad mistake for DC's 3rd goal. Average. Did not STEAL 3-4 goals as you seem to be suggesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heck let's just not bother having prep games for WCQ at all and piss away our chances at qualification... your piss poor defeatist attitude is right on the money.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary Canuck View Post
    Heck let's just not bother having prep games for WCQ at all and piss away our chances at qualification... your piss poor defeatist attitude is right on the money.
    what it comes down to is club vs country and for me it's club, cause if Canada can be st vincent a big if at this stage, then they get put out in the next stage when they would have to play the likes of Mexico, Jamaica, so i would rather see TFC keep its best canadians on the team for the Galaxy match.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disagree

1) Don't sell Edwards short. He beat Sutton out in training camp.

2) No goalie will give you 30 games, plus with Sutton's concussion history, it's vital that Edwards get some real work and stay sharp.

3) Sutton will be pumped to play against the selecao. What an honor! It can only help his game.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Disagree

1) Don't sell Edwards short. He beat Sutton out in training camp.

2) No goalie will give you 30 games, plus with Sutton's concussion history, it's vital that Edwards get some real work and stay sharp.

3) Sutton will be pumped to play against the selecao. What an honor! It can only help his game.

Edwards could have played the Canada cup matches while Sutton could play the league ones. It is a hornr to play aginst Brazil, but Canada should be playing teams at our level, jamaica, Honduras, Guatemala, etc...but this is a CSA cashgrab again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edwards could have played the Canada cup matches while Sutton could play the league ones. It is a hornr to play aginst Brazil, but Canada should be playing teams at our level, jamaica, Honduras, Guatemala, etc...but this is a CSA cashgrab again.

I am the LAST person on earth to defend the CSA but this is no "cashgrab". This game is being put on by some promoter in the US. Canada was just fortunate enough to be asked to participate (or willing to accept a low appearance fee). Don't think for a minute that the CSA is going to be raking in some big bucks from this. If the venture is profitable, the only ones making money are the promoters (and the Brazilian FA because they never short change themselves on appearance fees).

Furthermore, this match gives the national team pool players what they want...a high level, a high profile match. We'll get more than enough opportunities to play centreal american teams (they play Panama 5 days later). I, for one, am happy that this match is happening. I hope our boys give them a good game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, Canada needs to play better teams in order to improve. So Brazil is part of CONEMBOL and not CONCACAF, who cares? We need all the prep games we can get befor the qualifiers. Although I would prefer to see Sutton only miss 1 game like Brennan, their's no greater honour than playing for your country.

olegunnar

Sutton needs to start selling t-shirts.
    I dunno what he's done to most of the people's heads on this board but holy crap.

Guzan Hesmer Onstad Reis Rimando and Cannon are all unquestionably better than Sutton.
    You could make the argument that Busch and Conway and Hartman are better than him too.

People freak out about the stats. Big deal abot stats, it's soccer not baseball. What bothers me the most about Sutton is how unreliable he is. He'll make some good stops...then screw up really badly. The NYRB free kick, the 1st and 3rd goals yesterday are all great examples of the softies he lets in.

Sutton is a middle of the pack MLS keeper at best. When he goes, we've got another middle of the pack keeper to take his place.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olegunner View Post
    Sutton needs to start selling t-shirts.
    I dunno what he's done to most of the people's heads on this board but holy crap.

Guzan Hesmer Onstad Reis Rimando and Cannon are all unquestionably better than Sutton.
    You could make the argument that Busch and Conway and Hartman are better than him too.

People freak out about the stats. Big deal abot stats, it's soccer not baseball. What bothers me the most about Sutton is how unreliable he is. He'll make some good stops...then screw up really badly. The NYRB free kick, the 1st and 3rd goals yesterday are all great examples of the softies he lets in.

Sutton is a middle of the pack MLS keeper at best. When he goes, we've got another middle of the pack keeper to take his place.

we could have had gordon Banks ( in his prime) in net we still would have lost. the players were not ready to play and got hammered for it.

olegunnar

we could have had gordon Banks ( in his prime) in net we still would have lost. the players were not ready to play and got hammered for it.
    You changed the subject. That being without sutton we're screwed.

How about we talk about his scew up in the Columbus game, where Marshall had to clear off the line. He half committed to coming off the line and got caught in no mans land (like the 1st DC goal)
    Or how about the screw ups in the home DC game where only their crappy finishing let us off the hook. (same thing, he came, but not all the way and got caught in no mans land)

Look I think Sutton is okay. He's just not the all star people try to make him out to be. The selective memory of people here interests me too. I wonder what he's done to get hero status around here.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olegunner View Post
    You changed the subject. That being without sutton we're screwed.

How about we talk about his scew up in the Columbus game, where Marshall had to clear off the line. He half committed to coming off the line and got caught in no mans land (like the 1st DC goal)
    Or how about the screw ups in the home DC game where only their crappy finishing let us off the hook. (same thing, he came, but not all the way and got caught in no mans land)

Look I think Sutton is okay. He's just not the all star people try to make him out to be. The selective memory of people here interests me too. I wonder what he's done to get hero status around here.

remember the first DC game the score would have been in double digits
    if not for Sutton...he also played the big part in out 6 game unbeaten run,
    maybe the 3 goal yesterday was his fault but the defenders didn't help his cause, Brennan looked like a wandering drunk for most of the match.