Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dc fans got nice today. the flags, smoke, then, the big flags were brought out, banner.....giving credit where credit is due, good job dc fans. as for the game, its really the players fault for letting them back in the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo1405 View Post
    dc fans got nice today. the flags, smoke, then, the big flags were brought out, banner.....giving credit where credit is due, good job dc fans. as for the game, its really the players fault for letting them back in the game.
    Flags, yes. Flare/smokes, debatable, but I'm not a fan. But chants? Hell no! They have like 2 chants. I'm going to have nightmares now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You gotta wonder what the stand out of the camera's view looked like though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    Shake my head is all I can do. We didn't deserve to win but damn that was close. You have to be good to be lucky but that was just a very poor performance by our boys.

- Edu needs to sit next game imo....
    - Robert will sit and I think we're maybe seeing a little of the side of him everyone warned us about.
    - Wynne, stupid mental error.
    - Guavera, weak coverage on the first DC goal, but nice free kicks...so close.
    - Velez, improving every match.
    - Marshall and Rickets, just there.
    - Dichio, obviously strong 1st half but a post in the 2nd.
    - Brennan, Robinson, and Sutton strong performances all around.

my 2 cents.
    Something i need to remark although i think that the first and third goal sutton play a big part in, first he came out badly and second the rebound just awful.... but he definetly saved a lot of crazy shots and saved our ass on many chances.... so it would be unfair to crucify him because of that.
    But yea the team sucked ass. EDu should have been out of the line up long time ago... but he;s kind of "untouchable" since the guy was "rookie of the year". COmplete garbage the guy is just a complete DUMBass i think a five year old is smarter than him... his runs to deak people are dumb and he would fit more in the nba than mls wth his showing off and cockyness...
    Rickets i think he took over Samuel's job of eating all the pies in town... for his size the guy is a bit overweight... and slow. at only what is it 26!?!?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate using refs as an excuse but first off that was a weak pk call imo.

Second, a handball was made in the box, got nothing.

TFC defended, but it was solid imo, they didn't give them much chances, there chances basically came from set pieces.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a bit mystified how Robert managed to get the Red Card, right after taking the corner. On TV you could see him, and there was perhaps on opportunity for the briefest of words exchanged with the linesman - but other than that, he was miles from anyone. I'm not sure what "abusive language" entails - seems pretty dumb to be mouthing off at a linesman when nothing was happening - or did he just let out an expletive after the the chance to score failed - is there more to this?

An odd game. DC definitely dominated the first half, but Toronto was up 2-1; but in the more balanced second half, DC scores twice.

And potential injuries; is Marshall injured?

Sutton seemed to get shaken up during that one play, and I'm not unconvinced that there isn't an issue there, which may explain how that third goal happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff s View Post
    I hate using refs as an excuse but first off that was a weak pk call imo.

Second, a handball was made in the box, got nothing.

TFC defended, but it was solid imo, they didn't give them much chances, there chances basically came from set pieces.
    That was not a weak PK call. That was the right call. Wynne pushed him down in the box with 2 hands. he had a brain fart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
    Flags, yes. Flare/smokes, debatable, but I'm not a fan. But chants? Hell no! They have like 2 chants. I'm going to have nightmares now!
    I'm one of capos so I can tell you Barra went through 20+ off top of my head. We just like to hold couple of them for long time.

it's same thing people say about Chicago, but I've been there 6 times and know they have tons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBBulldog View Post
    I'm one of capos so I can tell you Barra went through 20+ off top of my head. We just like to hold couple of them for long time.

it's same thing people say about Chicago, but I've been there 6 times and know they have tons.
    Sounded like 2 to me. Although I did hear "Let's Go United" by some girls. In all seriousness I might've heard no more than 6 dif. chants. Atleast I managed to hear 2 TFC chants even though it was only for 30secs tops.

And we all know Chicago only has 1 chant. That's going to give me even more nightmares!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JUST SAW HIGHLIGHTS>..

that fucking cunt dove for the pk.

masrawy

The NEE tifo got some airtime after the first goal, looked sweet.

This is how it looks, FYI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
    Sounded like 2 to me. Although I did hear "Let's Go United" by some girls. In all seriousness I might've heard no more than 6 dif. chants. Atleast I managed to hear 2 TFC chants even though it was only for 30secs tops.
    hehe well that's same way someone not familiar with Toronto could think there's 2 or 3 chants by watching Wednesday game. But I've been up so I know there has to be more.

I just watched first half and heard tons but I know how they go. You're right tho, there are times specially when losing when we just do one thing, cos we like that we can keep them going long. That's just our style. We did same song for half hour vs Chicago few years ago when they were creaming us 4:0 in playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by masrawy View Post

that was hilarious, I saw it after the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw did anyone noticed Dichio's role?

When tfc attacks, he's a striker, when the defend, he was a sweeper! I've never seen that before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff s View Post
    btw did anyone noticed Dichio's role?

When tfc attacks, he's a striker, when the defend, he was a sweeper! I've never seen that before.
    You see big central forwards acting as almost extra CBs or sweepers with some regularity. Drogba does it when he’s on his game - so much so Mourinho toyed with using him as an emergency CB during an injury crisis. Hesky does it too, he’s actually played CB for Wigan once.

I think it has to do with the similar body shapes the positions require. A lot of forwards typically give their best performance when they’re involved at both end of the field. The TFC example that comes to mind is Collin Samuel in the last game of last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe well that's same way someone not familiar with Toronto could think there's 2 or 3 chants by watching Wednesday game. But I've been up so I know there has to be more.

I just watched first half and heard tons but I know how they go. You're right tho, there are times specially when losing when we just do one thing, cos we like that we can keep them going long. That's just our style. We did same song for half hour vs Chicago few years ago when they were creaming us 4:0 in playoffs.
    Not saying you guys have to change. You do your, we'll do ours. But I'm sick of the Carnivale chant! Need a break from it!

Although having to hear the US broadcasters was bad enough. MLSNet should let us hear it in Spanish! Or atleast the option to!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by masrawy View Post

Love it!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with most of what has been said here.

Just back from DC and I am still in a bad mood...with a better effort, that game was ours. 3 points and a backbreaker for DC. Instead...we solved their slump for them. That sucks.

A few things from my perspective...way, way up there in the 400s at RFK.

1) Wynne's error was a complete brainfart.
    2) We have NO ability to counter properly. We simply look lost out there. A couple of occasions we had 3 on 3s or 4 on 3s and the run completely fizzled.
    3) Edu is going to give me an aneurism. For a professional soccer player to have that little shooting abilty is a disgrace.
    4) The scoreline betrayed Sutts...he was great. The last goal I wish he would have not given up such a fat rebound, but that is besides the point. He kept us in this game, he was aggressive and he made some great saves.
    5) DC supporters are indeed top in the league...BUT...I was somewhat disappointed. Believe me...there are days at BMO when we put the DC supporters to complete shame. On TV it's much more impressive than live...

Now...after a LONG weekend in DC...I am off to play footy...because I have a deathwish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my funniest moment last night when my brothers pointed out this RPB fellow who walked right into middle of Barra and I found him just as he's about to get turned into a streamer and thrown on a field He looks at me and says "why is everyone wearing black?" He though he was in Toronto section lol So I realize he's drunk of his ass and point at second level across the field and say um that's where you're supposed to be, up there and he says I have no idea how to get there So I walked him half way, hope he found way up

If this is some insidious plan to slow Barra capos down we're onto you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my funniest moment last night when my brothers pointed out this RPB fellow who walked right into middle of Barra and I found him just as he's about to get turned into a streamer and thrown on a field He looks at me and says "why is everyone wearing black?" He though he was in Toronto section lol So I realize he's drunk of his ass and point at second level across the field and say um that's where you're supposed to be, up there and he says I have no idea how to get there So I walked him half way, hope he found way up

If this is some insidious plan to slow Barra capos down we're onto you
    I didn't realise Nascarguy was going to DC...looks like you found him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Edu's performance was very poor - couldn't keep possession, took wild shots at goal instead of setting up an attack. Maybe a little time away is warranted.
    I called Alex Sexeiro on Saturday afternoon and suggested that Edu's being called up to the USA team may be a blessing in disguise, as he hasn't been playing as well recently. My thinking was it would allow Guevara to drop back into a more traditional attacking MF role, and we could repair Dichio and Cunningham up front.

He pretty much dismissed me, saying that Edu was "the heart and soul" of the team, and that there was nothing good that could come from him missing any games. After that performance, I feel vindicated.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oops. wrong thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DC United win today against Chicago?