Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Mikey

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
    Don't think he could. Used up all his subs.
    I meant instead of Dichio, Cunnigham can work alongside Dichio, but really doesnt suit the new playing style up front on his own.
    Should've pulled Robert, but I guess Carver is not gonna pull one of his favourites.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robert you dummy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF how did Roberts make poor decisions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I forgot how it feels like, to lose.

I say, we use Cunningham and Dichio up front next time. Remember that frontline?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I have to say is this

Must drink many a beer now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is Robert out three games?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why did Robert get sent off anyway? Running his mouth?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marvell has rarely put a foot wrong for this club...he'll know he cost his side points...

I'd love to be a fly on the wall of that dressing room...Mr. Carver over to you...
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no i think a red is only 1 game in this league... isn't it?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

two bad games against DC utd this week and we were lucky to get a split..TFC is not yet a playoff contending team after this dismal display. the needs needs to play football and not the shite that they played tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TOR -95th Minute. Red Card Issued to 32-Laurent Robert. Foul Type: Abusive Language

Merde!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mental mistakes cost us the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post
    Marvell has rarely put a foot wrong for this club...he'll know he cost his side points...

I'd love to be a fly on the wall of that dressing room...Mr. Carver over to you...
    Believe it or not, i would hope emotion is lacking in the dressing room right now. Carver will give his speech but hopefully they'll look at this logically and learn from it.

But first of all they need to figure out what the hell happened. Just getting angry at each other over the loss won't help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    two bad games against DC utd this week and we were lucky to get a split..TFC is not yet a playoff contending team after this dismal display. the needs needs to play football and not the shite that they played tonight.
    Playoff contenders? Yes.

MLS Cup winners. Not yet...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I miss that long ass home stretch now . That was a HORRIBLE effort. Fucking part timers Havant and Waterlooville faired better against Liverpool than TFC did against DCU tonight. Everyone in the locker room with the exception of Dichio should be ashamed. I hope Carver doesn't berate any of them and just walks out of the locker room without saying a word. That should make all of them feel like shit, as they oughta. This definitely shows how important we are (the fans) to this team's success.

Either way, I'm not too pissed off. After watching TFC games last season and this season pre Guevera, it would take a lot more than one shitty game to piss me now. Hopefully we go to Montreal and secure that win. All of a sudden Montreal seems to have a much greater chance of beating us at their own turf....err.....grass pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corpand View Post
    TOR -95th Minute. Red Card Issued to 32-Laurent Robert. Foul Type: Abusive Language

Merde!!!!
    Tabernac.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corpand View Post

Merde!!!!
    WTF!? Hopefully he'll swear in French next time!
    He can still play in the Voyageurs Cup though, yes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kayed - Mido FC View Post
    WTF how did Roberts make poor decisions?
    He does this sort of thing from time to time. He has a short fuse and history of losing his head.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a difference if you get a direct red rather than two yellows etc.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Blue View Post
    I hope we pick it up in the second half or I could see a 3-2 or 4-2 loss. Our midfield is not existent, Edu is playing way to forward and Ricketts is absolute crap, he looked gased 20 minutes into the half.

Guess I should have kept my mouth shut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post

you gotta give em a break. still too young of a franchise to be able to have that kinda performance. Sometimes it takes a little bit more than just coaching to get a team into a well oiled machine. You could have experience, grit, heart, love, dedication, whatever.... but if u don't have team chemistry, all that means nothing. What i mean by chemistry is knowing that if you commit a stupid penalty, you know ur also hurting 10 other players that wanna win just as much as you do if not more.

What we need to see is improvement. I don't think the expectation by upper management to be that high of a team that's a season and a bit old. Come same time next season, if this happens again, then we're gonna need to see some reasonable changes in the off season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were good at the beginning, creating lots of chances, and then we lost it. Between the questionable calls by the ref and our incapability to score, we were totally shut down. If we are to make the playoffs this year, we can't look amazing one game and the next like amateurs; we need consistency. I noticed that we especially started to lapse in play quality when Dichio comes off; while he isn't everywhere at once, controlling the game, he seems to push the whole team on and motivate them when he's on the field. We can't rely on him for all our goals, however. We need to get a DP striker to help out with goal-scoring, because, while Dichio isn't washed up yet, he is getting older and probably won't score an average of 2 goals per game. Overall, we need to work on contrilling the flow of the game. D.C. pressed us hard for the ball when we had posession, and we made mistakes. We need to get used to playing against that style. All in all, a pretty mediocre game on our part, though we did get two goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Blue View Post
    Guess I should have kept my mouth shut
    It's all your fault, Blue.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    Is there a difference if you get a direct red rather than two yellows etc.
    no you miss the next match....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all in all it is our 1st loss in 7 games.........you guys didn't think it was going to last forever, did you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are still unbeaten at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but the fact that this was a breakdown rather then a lost only makes it a bit worst.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I miss that long ass home stretch now . That was a HORRIBLE effort. Fucking part timers Havant and Waterlooville faired better against Liverpool than TFC did against DCU tonight. Everyone in the locker room with the exception of Dichio should be ashamed. I hope Carver doesn't berate any of them and just walks out of the locker room without saying a word. That should make all of them feel like shit, as they oughta. This definitely shows how important we are (the fans) to this team's success.

Either way, I'm not too pissed off. After watching TFC games last season and this season pre Guevera, it would take a lot more than one shitty game to piss me now. Hopefully we go to Montreal and secure that win. All of a sudden Montreal seems to have a much greater chance of beating us at their own turf....err.....grass pitch.

The Impact won't be shaking in thier boots with TFC's performance tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    So is Robert out three games?
    If he is, that'll leave a big mark on our capability to control the game. I hope he isn't, because then we'll have a lot of trouble playing well for the next three games.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This showed our teams weak area. When other teams take it to us offensively, we lack the creative edge and end up reacting to what the other team does.

It's funny reading our own reactions, though. One week, we're "brilliant," next week, we "haven't improved since last year." In reality we're neither garbage nor brilliant, however we may make the playoffs. I think that our two goals were solid, however, our defense (or Sutton, either) wasn't playing as well as advertised.
    Also, we need a DP striker really bad, converting more of our chances would have won the game.

Cunningham has lost his edge, if we get a decent striker he should be traded.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto