Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rohan Ricketts re-signing?

Come on BB, give it up, what the deal-io?

There's been no word on him re-signing yet. But he plays with both feet, so the various discussions of whether DeRo might play wide left are a bit moot, 'cos he could play on the right.

I figure Ricketts is even more important now, as he plays the same kind of style as the rest of our attacking mids, getting the ball down and using dribbling technique. Johann isn't ready to take his place and DeRo is better inside.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope that the rumours of the bright lights of Broadway enticing him to play for the Energy Drinks aren't true. Sadly though, when there's smoke, there's usually fire.

The major dilemma that I keep having with myself is who the hell would we even get in return for Ricketts? Dane Richards? Jorge Rojas? Allocations? Nothing really seems to add up. Hopefully Rohan is as committed to Toronto as he was when I interviewed him way back when, because at that point he seemed genuinely interested in staying with the club for an extended period of time. Losing Rohan would be a horrible turn of events. He was one of our best players last season, and I only see him improving now that he has a year under his belt.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually, from what i've seen from Dane Richards, I wouldnt mind having that guy.

that boy is fast as hell and has some finishing ability to boot

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when does his contract end?
    I really dont think hes going to be leaving us.
    He will still be the only winger on the field, with DeRo playing the other side

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id rather have Ricketts than Richards.
    It looks as if hes happy here doing charity work and public appearances.
    I too fail to see what NJ has to offer.
    Where did the rumor come from btw?
    I remember NJ was interested in him but there was no proof of him wanting them

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Yeah, it’s a two-year deal,” said Ricketts, a right-sided midfielder who most recently played for Barnsley in the Coca-Cola Championship. Other terms were not released.
    It's a two year deal, but I believe the second year was an option year.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Ricketts-to-RBNY" is a made up rumor by someone on this (or another tfc) board.

Can anyone actually find me a link that says he's linked to RBNY?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 125_TFC View Post

I do believe we will sign him on, if we were he surely would have split by now, no?

Damiiano, i know theres a small little bit around in an article somewhere stating NJs interest in him, its a blurb tho so it might be difficult to find.
    I do believe that the interest the otherway (ie Ricketts to NJ) was made up

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Damiiano, i know theres a small little bit around in an article somewhere stating NJs interest in him, its a blurb tho so it might be difficult to find.
    I do believe that the interest the otherway (ie Ricketts to NJ) was made up
    U sure? I havent seen anything at all... and believe me, i scour!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAHAHA
    im feeling pretty certain about this, if i wasnt just headed out the door id try and find it for ya.

olegunnar

Quote Originally Posted by 125_TFC View Post
    And if it's like the other contracts of ourplayers, the club has the option not the player.

I think the nervy times come when the club "declines" the option ala dichio and robbo, in order to renegotiate a lower salary, at which point the players are technically free to walk away should they not like the offer.

I believe we can just pick up RRs option and pay him what his current contract states he's due in the 2nd year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Little tidbit I just came across in re-reading the 360 magazine they gave out at the TFC kit party...they had a Q&A section with Jimmy B, Barrett, and Robbo and one of the final questions they asked was who trained the poorest on the team, and just to spark the fire around here ....Chad Barrett gave this delightful answer: "Ricketts. He always seems late and if there is an optional extra he wont choose it."
    Just a little food for thought. Maybe he's not loved in the locker room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a couple of long conversations with Rohann some months back and he absolutely loves the city of Toronto. Having described the Toronto "as his favourite city in the world", I doubt he'll choose NYC over Toronto, given the choice. Also, he's building quite the life here; I honestly don't think he'd want to give it all up and start over in NYC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFin View Post
    Little tidbit I just came across in re-reading the 360 magazine they gave out at the TFC kit party...they had a Q&A section with Jimmy B, Barrett, and Robbo and one of the final questions they asked was who trained the poorest on the team, and just to spark the fire around here ....Chad Barrett gave this delightful answer: "Ricketts. He always seems late and if there is an optional extra he wont choose it."
    Just a little food for thought. Maybe he's not loved in the locker room.

Sounds like pisstaking to me.
    I dont think dude would be up front about his dislike if there was one. Especially being the new guy on the team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

errrr.......Barrett and Rohan are friends......don't they live together. That was probably a joke or taken out of context.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want him to come back and be an every game guy. With DeRo and Guevara, Ricketts wont get as much attention as last season, but he has to make the plays when he does have the ball, too many times he didnt get it done when he could have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

There's been no word on him re-signing yet. But he plays with both feet, so the various discussions of whether DeRo might play wide left are a bit moot, 'cos he could play on the right.

I figure Ricketts is even more important now, as he plays the same kind of style as the rest of our attacking mids, getting the ball down and using dribbling technique. Johann isn't ready to take his place and DeRo is better inside.

He play's on the LEFT...
    He PLay's on the RIGHHHHHHHHT!
    The boy ROHAAAAN....makes COLUMBUS look SHITE!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems to be a nice guy but it is looking like there is no room for his 200 000 plus salary.

He is to incostistant to be a big time player in the league. Let the Red bulls have him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He will be more consistent this year, im feeling pretty certain of this, wait and see.
    And who or what would you take from the Redbulls for Ricketts?
    They have nothing of value that we need

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damiiano View Post
    U sure? I havent seen anything at all... and believe me, i scour!
    Yeah -- at the moment this rumour is only coming from one person on this board, who claims to have an inside source . . . and I think it's someone who should've known better before spreading it around (whether it's valid or not).

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marco2K View Post
    He seems to be a nice guy but it is looking like there is no room for his 200 000 plus salary.

He is to incostistant to be a big time player in the league. Let the Red bulls have him.

Funny...I find him to be more consistent than most of the team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as mentioned a billion times over (and i dont know why i feel compelled to say all of this)
    Ricketts lack of consistency was based on three things:
    1- not being match fit when he arrived
    2- not knowing the team
    3- being double teamed whenever he had the ball

This season he will be fit, know the team and its style of play and will have two other players in midfield (at least) to draw attention away from himself allowing him to pass and shoot alot more.

Hes a talented player and we are lucky to have him, he will make a greater impact this year.

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    as mentioned a billion times over (and i dont know why i feel compelled to say all of this)
    Ricketts lack of consistency was based on three things:
    1- not being match fit when he arrived
    2- not knowing the team
    3- being double teamed whenever he had the ball

This season he will be fit, know the team and its style of play and will have two other players in midfield (at least) to draw attention away from himself allowing him to pass and shoot alot more.

Hes a talented player and we are lucky to have him, he will make a greater impact this year.
    i agree
    he did play hot and cold
    but he scored a few really nice goals
    what got me was he sometimes played lazy and didnt go hard in for some balls he could have won
    but onward and upward hopefully he will be match fit and ready to play
    he certainly should make a bigger contribution this year

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also show me a player that has a great game every week... Who among us is a superstar in work every day? And we have a lot less pressure than someone playing football being heckled by thousands of armchair experts...

There is a lot of talk about players especially Ricketts being inconsistent. Can anyone name a premiership player that dominates week in/week out? They are all patchy and inconsistent. No every pass is perfect or every shot on goal.

The one thing I see from Ricketts is that he works his butt off every minute on the field. This is not normal for a winger... He cares a lot, he chases back, he wants the team to win...

Next time someone wants to say he isn't worth his salary, go look at some of the lazy fucks in the tier 1 leagues. They earn big multiples of Ricketts salary and fade in and out of games permanently.

We're not watching highlight reel soccer. This is real football - warts and all...
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you! Finally...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Also show me a player that has a great game every week... Who among us is a superstar in work every day?
    My boss says that I am.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My boss says that I am.
    and just how often do you polish your boss's knob?

Ricketts is good. You can see that other team takes into account Rickett's play, hence why he didnt shine as much when he first got into the team.
    I can only see Ricketts do better. Boy is too talented and he actually gives a damn.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My boss says that I am.
    You work for your mom???
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said Andy C (re: Consistency)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. He loves the city/club
    2. He wants to be here for a long time
    3. He and Johann are the only proper wingers, ive heard some say get rid of Ricketts and put Cronin (DM) in his spot lol ya ok
    4. New York have showed interest in the past but apart from some stuff here and there and JACK apparently having some kinda source i don't know about any recent interest.
    5. He must really love the city coz he ain't been back to England since he has been here lol
    6. I read someone say he got doubled teamed a lot last season and that he did and often got out of it or like Dwight Howard made a good pass to a teammate. Now DeRo will grab all the attention so hopefully that will help RR's game.
    7. It showed at times that he was unfit especially at the start when he first came and if anyone plays footy, the wing is the most tiring position but when he got fitter i felt like he was doing more grinding/hustling than quite a few of the players and that ideally he should of been doing. Cough there is a reason why JC played RR on the left especially when Laurent was here, coz of his hustle back and forth and the right side had Marvel who compensated for Laurent's lack of hustle cough

I would love to see some games where JC plays both Cronin and Robbo and they both just sit and allow Amado, RR, and Dero to concentrate on attacking and linking up with Chad. Amado is the type of player that you know should be just worrying about creating and should have a ball winner (Robbo) behind him to give him the ball back when its lost.

Oh and yeah Chad and RR are friends and lived together last season, and RR is one of the characters in the locker room so no nothing to think about.

Never know what can happen but we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post