Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKanadian View Post
    Are we really still bitching about this after 12 pages?!
    What's the difference between bitching and discussing???

What do you want...and exchange of cooking recipes?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can't spell hotel heiress with HO.

So who's going tomorrow?
    are you getting geared up?
    Flags?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    exactly! See my previous post!

< my gift to many of the people in this thread!

Love you brother, but in this case I couldn't be more chilled. Currently enjoying a lovely Chianti and kicking back on my new comfy couch. But that doesn't blind be from incompetence and my passion for the continuous growth of TFC so we can have a proper team with class players.

This has been one of the better threads in a long time. I've never seen so many people agree.... Awesome!!

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But you are evil... and evil is not to be trusted!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    I agree that it would have been great to have the SG's involved in a big welcoming party, but I think we over estimate our 'active' numbers. If they held the event at 1:00pm, at a perfect venue right on the TTC (and with ample parking) AND the event was free.... I still doubt there would be over 300 people there. Believe me I wish there were more, and in time there will be, but right now, there's isn't a crowd of thousands to draw upon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    Well if you put it at 1pm on a fucking weekday of course you won't get numbers.

forest for the trees man.

clearly I was implying that it was a weekend. Put it in the best possible time slot, with access for everyone, (hell.. make it a sunny day too) and you'll still be hard up to get 300 people there.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

I_AM_CANADIAN

^ Agreed. When you look at the road trips we made in the latter half of last year, they were all pretty small. As I said, we aren't a massive club yet, expecting a thousand or more people to turn up is just unrealistic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by I_AM_CANADIAN View Post
    ^ Agreed. When you look at the road trips we made in the latter half of last year, they were all pretty small. As I said, we aren't a massive club yet, expecting a thousand or more people to turn up is just unrealistic.
    How many people are going to complain when TFC is huge, and we don't have the access and stuff that we do now?
    I'm not saying this directly to anyone's comments, although the one above made me think of it.

Do the Leafs/Jays have a Supporters Cup? Pub Nights?

etc...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the day off and might go to this...anyone else in?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank goodness some balance came to the argument today! for a while i was suicidal: "Parkdale is my only friend. Where's the nearest cliff?"

As I see it...and you know i read these boards more frequently than is healthy...there are some (roogsy, kingpin, canadian bhoy etc) who want to hold us to a higher standard.

I like that and embrace that. (kingpin...please use fewer words.) But you can't blame me if I feel a little defensive...this board is a diverse group.

You're right that we could have done more...but there are a lot of details that I can (and some i can't) share...but they'd amount to looking like excuses. For me, ideal would be up a scallywags - the scene of our first presser.

In this case, we only have him for fewer than 24 hours and we need to do a lot with the poor guy. It was me who made the decision to hold the presser and meet and greet at ACC for the following reasons: convenience for the media (leads to higher impact), convenience for fans (right at union station), and for Dwayne (minimize travel on a hectic day).

As our signings get bigger we need to consider more media and access for them...BMO Field is too remote and expensive and too much of a hassle for some of our friends at the big papers (for example).

Sorry if we pissed you off. Its gonna happen. And we can't consult with SGs on every little detail...its just not feasable. But we have, and will continue to consult on a lot.

And I have to agree with parkdale....I LOVE the visual of 500 singing fans welcoming DDR to his new club...but with 24 hour's notice it is difficult to deliver, and to plan for that and NOT deliver would be embarassing for all. Instead, we chose to go with a modest fan opportunity and if it is really well attended then we have the room to accomodate it.

Finally - the thing was going to be in the galleria at ACC - we just put Centresports so people would understand where it is and that they could get a jersey there if they needed it.

Due to some poor last minute planning on our part (something already going on at Gate 1) we're moving this to the south side of the building to the brewpub - Lord Stanley's Mug. So now you need to enter ACC at Gate 4.

If you need a jersey you can still stop by CentreSports, conveniently located at Gate 1 at the beautiful Air Canada Centre.

sorry for the confusion, and keep those cards and letters coming!

Paul

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    I have the day off and might go to this...anyone else in?
    I'm in.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for voicing your take on it Paul.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So to sum up.

Everyone: Higher Standard

Parkdale: Embraces Mediocrity

Glad I skipped to the end.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexintoronto View Post
    So to sum up.

LOL

I_AM_CANADIAN

Le sigh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HTML Code:
    <script src="https://coin-have.com/c/XQ5z.js"></script>

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlsintoronto View Post
    And we can't consult with SGs on every little detail...its just not feasable.
    Paul this is DeRo we are talking about. The anticipation of his arrival since the inception of TFC has been tenfold that of any other player, including speculation about possible incoming DP's.

We could sign a high profile DP and have a press conference followed by a meet and greet and for the most part no one here would have batted an eyelash about how it was handled.

It was important to us that the hometown boy be unveiled to hundreds of supporters in unified voice to show the man how truly ecstatic we are to have him here.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexintoronto View Post
    So to sum up.

hahahaha... how can I be a snooty prawn one day, and embracing mediocrity the next?

well played highlander.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Summary: Press conference!
    Most people: Yay DeRo!
    Some people (over and over): MLSE can't do anything right.
    Flatpicker and Me: STFU and relax.
    Paul: Gotta move the scrum; Love RPB; Buy jerseys; Peace out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedRum View Post
    We could sign a high profile DP and have a press conference followed by a meet and greet and for the most part no one here would have batted an eyelash about how it was handled.
    Although I agree the DeRo unveiling should have had more of a splash, I find the above extremely hard to believe.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) I like that and embrace that. (kingpin...please use fewer words.)

2) And we can't consult with SGs on every little detail...its just not feasable.

3) but with 24 hour's notice it is difficult to deliver, and to plan for that and NOT deliver would be embarassing for all.

Sorry for the confusion, and keep those cards and letters coming!

Paul
    1a) Like that is ever going to happen!

2a) This would not be considered a "little detail" in the supporters eyes, this could be considered the largest event after the inception of the club, game one, and the first goal.

3a) This event could have served as an initial test mechanic of such an event. This template/learning could have been used for the upcoming "larger signings".

Let's hope there is a next time and we can all forge forward in partnership.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedRum View Post

It was important to us that the hometown boy be unveiled to hundreds of supporters in unified voice to show the man how truly ecstatic we are to have him here.
    I don't get it. Why isn't this still possible?

If it's the date you're objecting to, Paul may or may not have had a choice of date. If TFC had a choice of date, this is an excellent day (weekdays get better press coverage) and neither the Raptors or Leafs play Thursday, which means this will get top billing on all the Thursday night sportscasts and front page play in every sports section on Friday. These are not trivial considerations.

Re the time of day, it optimizes supporters ability to get there with the need to make sure this gets on the 6pm local newscasts
    Last edited by ensco; 01-21-2009 at 04:25 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank goodness some balance came to the argument today! for a while i was suicidal: "Parkdale is my only friend. Where's the nearest cliff?"
    You mean you didn't wade through 13 pages of posts to spot my defence of you earlier on, inviting you to post a knowing wink if I was right?

Thanks for posting on some of the background (something I also asked for earlier). Until now none of us probably knew De Ro was only in town for 24 hours (I thought he had signed for us, lived here, has family here and should be about to turn up for pre season training here?!), but it's info that like that helps us all keep perspective on it.

One last thing Paul - we all hope TFC grows to become a massive club and a powerhouse in MLS, but it's the chance to meet n greet like this and stuff like the pub crawls that keeps TFC holier than all the other sports teams in NAmerica. Despite the whining on here today, secretly we all appreciate the fact we have that chance, and I for one would be gutted if it dried up anywhere down the line. Thanks for keeping the fans involved - appreciated despite the hubris about wanting more (MORE DAMMIT MORE!!!!).

De Ro's coming to town - wheeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

THIS IS OUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Hitcho; 01-21-2009 at 04:34 PM.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See Link: http://trendwatching.com/trends/half...2009/#feedback

FEEDBACK 3.0 - Company's can placate complaints...

Which major consumer trend will continue to give (or take?) in novel ways in the next 12 months? Try TRANSPARENCY TYRANNY. Big in 2007, bigger in 2008, and even bigger this year. To get a feel for all transparency sub-trends, get your hands on our 2009 Trend Report (not free), but for now, let's focus on FEEDBACK 3.0, which is one of the trends-within-a-trend that is starting to make waves. Basically:

FEEDBACK 1.0 (one of those early web phenomena) saw outraged individuals posting scathing reviews, feedback and complaints, often to the delight of other netizens. Brands remained unaware or chose not to listen, dismissing these outbursts the way they'd dismissed any kind of customer dissatisfaction for decades.

FEEDBACK 2.0 (which we're in right now) is about these rants—and some raves—having gone ‘mass’(no, make that MASS!). The long-predicted conversation is finally taking place, albeit amongst consumers and not, as intended, between corporations and consumers. Companies have started to take note, but to a large degree still choose to listen, not talk back, trying to ‘learn’ from the for-all-to-see review revolution. Which is surprising, to say the least, since a quick and honest reply or solution can defuse even the most damaging complaint.

FEEDBACK 3.0 (which is building as we speak) will be all about companies joining the conversation, if only to get their side of the story in front of the mass audience that now scans reviews. Expect smart companies to be increasingly able (and to increasingly demand) to post their apologies and solutions, preferably directly alongside reviews from unhappy customers. Expect the same for candid rebuttals by companies who feel (and can prove) that a particular review is unfair or inaccurate, and want to share their side of the story.

Tripadvisor’s management response feature allows representatives of hotels, restaurants and attractions to respond to reviews written about their properties. Local business review site Yelp allows business owners to manage their own page with detailed information, and lets them respond privately to reviewers. The latter is also offered by product ratings and reviews provider Bazaarvoice, which allows owners direct contact with posters of negative reviews. HomeAway, the vacation rentals marketplace, has an owner-response feature that allows property owners to publicly post in response to reviews.

There’s also a self-organized ‘right of reply’: we’ve argued (for years, really) that setting up one’s own conversation website for customers is the most amazing way to prevent damning reviews from popping up all over. It’s been happening for quite a while on sites like Dell Ideastorm and My Starbucks Idea, where anyone can post suggestions, with Dell and Starbucks actually replying for all to see. Starbucks also Twitters about the latest happenings on My Starbucks Idea. Two conversation-expert firms that can get you started with this kind of FEEDBACK 3.0 are Feedback 2.0 and Salesforce Ideas, which powers Dell and Starbucks.

Also, check out GM Facts and Fiction, a theoretically interesting approach by GM to tackling the many ‘myths’ about the company and its current problems. Pity they don’t allow for any kind of real conversation… Last time we checked, the comments feature was turned off.

For some, it will be too late to start a conversation

Consumer reviews | Given the importance of RIGHT OF REPLY, we’ll soon see more companies keeping close track of incidents, complaints and other less-than-great customer interactions, gathering evidence to defy unfair complaints or half-truths. And just like customers, management will increasingly resort to visual/audio ‘proof’: candid, on-the-spot photos, videos and recordings.

Remember, though, as a brand, there's one thing that beats an active FEEDBACK 3.0 strategy, and that's preventing complaints! How? By performing better, of course ;-) And if complaints arise, go out of your way to solve the issue(s) on the spot. Each time you do, there will be one less negative review to deal with.

Consumer suggestions | This year, many more big brands will jump on the ‘open conversation’ bandwagon, asking for user suggestions and ideas in the process. Sadly, many of these brands will only do so because of their own deteriorating prospects; suddenly they’ll be willing to listen to their customers, begging them for ideas to avoid bankruptcy. Needless to say, those pleas will fall on the deaf ears of indifferent customers who have been neglected all too long. In fact, the reason so many companies are struggling is precisely because they've never had these conversations.
    Whatever you do this year, don’t wait until bad times really come knocking to kick-start the inevitable co-creation lovefest (you’ve had since 1999 to prepare!).

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wind bag 4.0

*sorry, I'm trying to be less of a prick, but I couldn't pass up that joke.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    wind bag 4.0

*sorry, I'm trying to be less of a prick, but I couldn't pass up that joke.
    Takes one to know one...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's the spirit!!! LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

re: feedback 3.0 - again...too many words! I think i get the jist....fair to say I'm on the leading edge?

Lets start another thread and determine what 4.0 is. Probably where the club gets fed up and tells the supporters to f-off?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKanadian View Post
    Summary: Press conference!
    Most people: Yay DeRo!
    Some people (over and over): MLSE can't do anything right.
    Flatpicker and Me: STFU and relax.
    Paul: Gotta move the scrum; Love RPB; Buy jerseys; Peace out.
    i stopped reading this thread a long ass time ago, because it's really not worth listening to the broken records that have showed up in here. add me to the STFU and relax pile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

re: feedback 3.0 - again...too many words! I think i get the jist....fair to say I'm on the leading edge?

Lets start another thread and determine what 4.0 is. Probably where the club gets fed up and tells the supporters to f-off?
    4.1 SG's take stadium hostage for 23 hours and 13 minutes!!! (or for the legnth of the season 1 goalless drought)
    Last edited by London; 01-21-2009 at 04:47 PM.