View Poll Results: Who would you rather TFC sign?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Patrick Kluivert

37 34.91%
  • Shola Ameobi

69 65.09%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by zeelaw View Post
    Ameobi because I want Dave from Stoke and Newcastle to come too

Ameobi, like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    Word on the French sites are that Kluivert will be come a trainer for Lille or another club.

http://allezlelosc.com/forums/viewto...982342#p982342

L'équipe (French Sports Paper) is reporting that he will stay at Lille as a forward/Striking coach.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/20080...ement_Dev.html

Thanks for the french news updates!

but why would Kluivert want to coach yet?? that just doesn't make sense??

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The price for Ameobi is prohibative. We can't compete with the other clubs that have expressed interest in him. If the £4,000,000 price tag is accurate, he's out of our reach. The current ecconomics of our situation cannot justify spending that much money. Up to $3,000,000 is far more likely to be what we will spend.

In my opinion Ameobi is just a pipe dream, and Kluivert is over the hill. Time to come up with some new names.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would so get a Kluivert jersey if he comes over... and I am not one for having other people's names on my back, but I remember that guy when he tore it up during the WC in 98... I know that it was 10 years ago, but man - the memories and hopes are hard to give up...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    The price for Ameobi is prohibative. We can't compete with the other clubs that have expressed interest in him. If the £4,000,000 price tag is accurate, he's out of our reach. The current ecconomics of our situation cannot justify spending that much money. Up to $3,000,000 is far more likely to be what we will spend.

In my opinion Ameobi is just a pipe dream, and Kluivert is over the hill. Time to come up with some new names.
    31 yrs old(fine, almost 32 yrs old) is not exactly over the hill! Robert is the same age!! they still have a lot of play left in them!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCREDNWHITE View Post
    31 yrs old(fine, almost 32 yrs old) is not exactly over the hill! Robert is the same age!! they still have a lot of play left in them!

I'm not basing my opinion on age. He simply hasn't been able to perform for awhile, so why does anyone think he's going to start here?
    If he was 35, and still on form, I'd say grab him, but he stopped posting good numbers a few years ago. His time has passed, and I don't want retirees checking in for their final paycheck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not basing my opinion on age. He simply hasn't been able to perform for awhile, so why does anyone think he's going to start here?
    If he was 35, and still on form, I'd say grab him, but he stopped posting good numbers a few years ago. His time has passed, and I don't want retirees checking in for their final paycheck.
    I hear ya'

but the same could've been said of Robert right? He wasn't performing either?? but one of the reasons for that is "faith"

Top European teams are so tight in terms of their quality that their is a lot of competition for a spot on the team. Not to mention, big clubs have the money to go out and buy the talent whenever they feel they need to. Because of this HIGH-STRESS//PRESSURE COOKER that we call European Football, it leaves guys by the wayside, as if they are to be taken out with the trash, very fast! The turnover can be quite quick and ugly. When that happens you tend to see a lot of people lose faith in the player...Then the player has a couple of years of people bashing him and telling him that he's shit and washed up, this tends to eat away at person after a while...after that, the player usually picks himself up by the bootstraps and starts telling himself that he wants to go out their and prove the critics wrong, prove to himself that he still has some glimmer and shine, and also get back to enjoying football the way that he once used too!....Especially when such a SUPER-STRIKER like Kluivert is even in the cards for us! we have to be ready, willing and able to jump all over that opportunity! I personally believe in him, and have faith that he is looking for something a bit greater, something that harkens back to his Glory days...He might not win anymore European Championships, but maybe going to a team(like TFC!) where he will be the shining Centre-Piece and having 21,000 people chant his name, will give him the nostalgia of the good ol'days that he had...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VPjr View Post
    his contract is up at the end of this season but talk is that he will sign a lifetime contract with Boca to keep him there until he retires

and yes, he is a legend, 1 rung below Maradona but a legend nonetheless.

his career scoring avg for Boca is around 1.4 games per goal...no too shabby
    If we're shopping in South America, I think Facundo Sava would be more realistic. He's still scoring and he's the type of target guy that would fit well in our system. He also has enough speed left to break off the line to poach a few goals and is strong in the air.

Plus he's talked about playing in MLS already and he's a complete character.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 05-24-2008 at 02:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you kidding me... 4 goals in 10 games.. it's not exactly " not able to perform..." The guy has been solid... he just went thru a lot of teams in a hort span and many played him out of position. Look at his stats. He;s a fantastic stricker. He would be an exact fit in to the line up.. Plus Kluivert is a name that EVERYone knows about.. Ameobi not so much. Ameobi will never reach the hieghts that kluivert did. So if you plan to sell jerseys, put your team out there in the soccer world and make an impact on a team on 2-3 year period. Kluivert is your guy.... age of 32 is just a baby he;s got sill more years to come atleast 4...