Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like pachuca, and I can take my boss to the argentine club match haha

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am looking forward to both games, it will be very interesting to see the different styles, it will be a good time.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll admit I don't know much about these teams. I see them from time to time on FOX, but really don't follow those leagues. But I'm intrigued by these choices, which really do seem to offer better value than Euro sides stripped of talent playing in the Euro 2008 tourney.

Looking down the road for TFC, these teams should offer far more relevant playing experiences than some mid-level Prem side. Look at Man City being such great value for the ticket-buying fans of Asia. Besides, at the rate we're picking up players and staff, we'll be watching Newcastle in disguise in no time.

If these teams are likely to field their reserves and we field many of ours, could well be a very robust pair of games as guys bust their chops trying to impress their respective coaches. I'll be going to the Indy game for sure.

Good calls, TFC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just think all the Euro types are crying in their beers, I on the otherhand is quite happy to see the South American style on the pitch, the Mexicans are not too shabby either, if you are true to the Reds, just enjoy the games.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What i cant understand is how people call themselves true football fans and arent even in the least bit a)curious about these other teams b) excited to see a team they know nothing about play. If youre a true fan you love the sport in all its forms and want to consume more and more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunno what the excuse is if you have season tickets and got these games for free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    These games are meaningless, don't count for anything. In addition to that TFC has a full schedule in July so I'm sure you will be seing the majoriyy of reserve players. Also not keen on the 2 reams coming over.

Hey Big supporter put your wallet where your mouth is and by my tickets. Special price for you becasuen your the biggets suporter.
    But if its a team that you wanted to see play, you would go correct? It would still mean that TFC are playing reserves and we would still have a full schedule.

Which proves Joel's point that you wouldn't actually go to support TFC, but to go watch a "euro" team. That really questions support! However, there are a lot of real supporters that can't get tickets, so you shouldn't have a problem offloading them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fucking Gay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaLFC View Post
    But if its a team that you wanted to see play, you would go correct? It would still mean that TFC are playing reserves and we would still have a full schedule.

Which proves Joel's point that you wouldn't actually go to support TFC, but to go watch a "euro" team. That really questions support! However, there are a lot of real supporters that can't get tickets, so you shouldn't have a problem offloading them.
    This is my point.

1) I purchased 4 season tickets and paid good $$ for my tickets.
    2) As a STH I have the right to do what I please with my tickets.
    3) I am a big TFC supporter and thats wahy I purcahsed 4 tickets and paid good $.
    4) I go to watch all TFC regular season games whcin count in the standings
    5) I am not a supprter of international friendlies for 2 reasons
    i) The games don't count in the satndings
    ii) I'm not an idiot and realize that TFC has a full schedule in July with league games + 2 CC games and now + 2 friendlies. Chances are that TFC will rest most of their regulars for these games and use reserve players. Mo johnston learned his lesson last year with the injuries incurred during the friendlies.They will use their regulars for league games and CC games
    6) I would go watch an international game if it was a team that interested me. Last year I watched both Benfica and Aston Villa. This year team don't interest me. Everyone has preferences. everyone has their own tastes. I wouldn't go watch any Euro team. It would have to be a team that interest me because I know there will be alot of reserve players from both sides.
    It doesn't mean I'm not a supporter. I can't go to all the games ( I do have a life and family)so these are 2 games I will try and unload and give other supporters a chance.

I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not think that anyone is ACTUALLY a huge fan of the friendlies because they have a potential to cause an injury that can hurt us during games that count, unless they are just going to watch the teams brought over. It is also very understandable if you can't make every game because of family/work commitments. However, you made it sound like you wouldn't go because the "big" teams aren't coming. Maybe I am wrong and am misunderstanding you, but I believe that we are there for TFC first and not for benifca, aston villa etc.

Also, I think this may also be an indication of what the quality difference is between us and the Mexicans/Argentinians !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    What i cant understand is how people call themselves true football fans and arent even in the least bit a)curious about these other teams b) excited to see a team they know nothing about play. If youre a true fan you love the sport in all its forms and want to consume more and more.

Really? Let's think about that. So if TFC announced they were playing friendlies against 2 Toronto high school teams, I'm supposed to be excited because I want to consume football in any form? That's absurd. I'm not comparing these teams to high school sides by any means, but your logic is very flawed. I love football. I love TFC. I love TFC so much that not only am I willing, but I get EXCITED to go watch them play every week against teams that are very often quite half-assed, in a league that is quite half-assed. That is me "consuming" football out of love. Why aren't people allowed to have preferences? If I'm not interested in these clearly meaningless games, why do I have to be excited in order to prove what a supporter I am?
    These games have absolutely dick all to do with TFC. They are showpieces, cash grabs, practice opportunities, whatever you want to call them.
    To each his/her own.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pachucaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... i'm excited to see a top mexican club!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IF your gona bring mexico's and argentina's best atleaste invite the best!!

Pachuca Finished 3rd!
    and the argentine (who are they?) Finished mid table!? 5th i think?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's be honest here... How attractive are WE to international clubs...

Some of the questions asked about us:

1) Who are we
    2) What have we done
    3) hmmm ok, how did we finish last year?
    4) How's their Stadium like?
    5) Did you say Artifical Turf?!!?!

All of the above translate into $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ That MLSE has to dish out.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneLoveOneEric View Post
    Really? Let's think about that. So if TFC announced they were playing friendlies against 2 Toronto high school teams, I'm supposed to be excited because I want to consume football in any form? That's absurd. I'm not comparing these teams to high school sides by any means, but your logic is very flawed. I love football. I love TFC. I love TFC so much that not only am I willing, but I get EXCITED to go watch them play every week against teams that are very often quite half-assed, in a league that is quite half-assed. That is me "consuming" football out of love. Why aren't people allowed to have preferences? If I'm not interested in these clearly meaningless games, why do I have to be excited in order to prove what a supporter I am?
    These games have absolutely dick all to do with TFC. They are showpieces, cash grabs, practice opportunities, whatever you want to call them.
    To each his/her own.
    Thats not the case tho is it?
    Its two world class teams, how can one not be excited about two world class teams playing our team?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont understand why people are upset if they dont intend on going anyways?
    Is it because they cant sell off their tickets at a premium price?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To each his/her own.
    I must say this was the best explanation I've heard on this topic. You did a gret job explaining your view.

I have the same feelings and have expressed my opinions on this forum on this topic. I have been called a traitor, an asshole and not a real TFC supporter because I think these games are a waste of time.

What people don't realize that as STH we paid good $ for our tickets. How can they call us non supporters when we are paying the players salaries.
    You are correct, the MLS is at best an average league and the play is average. Yet we buy tickets becasue of our love for soccer and for TFC. Yet when we say we don't care about these meaningless games you get shit on.

As stated I don't care for these games because they are meaningless. Also TFC has a full schedule in July so you will be seeing mostly reserve players that don't interest me. Thirdly I admit I would have preferred a Euro team (that just happpens to be my cup of tea).
    Also there are time constraints and family commitments that limits the games you can go to. If something has to give for me it is the interrnational friendlies.

I think the people that complainn otherwise and say you have to attend every game, every friendlly, every CC games, every reserve game, every academy game, every practice, Need to get a LIFE. Something must be lacking in their lives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not reading this whole thread, but the friendlies are freebies. Add up your game tickets and you will see these 2 games did not cost anything. Don't go if you don't want to go but don't moan about being ripped off on a free ticket.

** Disclaimer I suck at quick math so if I am wrong remember you were not charged for this post

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaLFC View Post
    I do not think that anyone is ACTUALLY a huge fan of the friendlies because they have a potential to cause an injury that can hurt us during games that count, unless they are just going to watch the teams brought over. It is also very understandable if you can't make every game because of family/work commitments. However, you made it sound like you wouldn't go because the "big" teams aren't coming. Maybe I am wrong and am misunderstanding you, but I believe that we are there for TFC first and not for benifca, aston villa etc.

Also, I think this may also be an indication of what the quality difference is between us and the Mexicans/Argentinians !!

What scares me about you guys playing Independiente is that you may eventually partner with them, thereby funneling some of their reserve players into TFC like Dallas has done with Brazilian club Atletico Parnese and trying to do with Mexican club Tigres.

Partnerships often grow out of these friendlies with clubs south of the US border.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by footyfan View Post
    What scares me about you guys playing Independiente is that you may eventually partner with them, thereby funneling some of their reserve players into TFC like Dallas has done with Brazilian club Atletico Parnese and trying to do with Mexican club Tigres.

Partnerships often grow out of these friendlies with clubs south of the US border.
    Dude, I'm starting to think you are smart

no really, I do enjoy your posts and almost always seem to agree with you!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skint View Post
    I'm not reading this whole thread, but the friendlies are freebies. Add up your game tickets and you will see these 2 games did not cost anything. Don't go if you don't want to go but don't moan about being ripped off on a free ticket.

** Disclaimer I suck at quick math so if I am wrong remember you were not charged for this post
    Yep, thats what i dont understand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, this board has set the precedent that buying a ticket means you can complain about food lines, the ratio of foam to beer in your cup, the nature in which substitutions are signaled to the field, and endless other minutia at the game, so I hardly think expressing disappointment at the choice of friendly opponents is frivolous next to those complaints.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, this board has set the precedent that buying a ticket means you can complain about food lines, the ratio of foam to beer in your cup, the nature in which substitutions are signaled to the field, and endless other minutia at the game, so I hardly think expressing disappointment at the choice of friendly opponents is frivolous next to those complaints.
    HAHAHA
    Fact
    I put them all in the same category/box
    [do not want]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear ya, OMY.
    I don't think I was moaning either. I jut get pissed when my thread started with me saying in one sentence that I was disappointed in the opponents chosen, and then somehow this becomes an issue about my love of TFC. The two have nothing to do with each other, IMO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear ya, OMY.
    I don't think I was moaning either. I jut get pissed when my thread started with me saying in one sentence that I was disappointed in the opponents chosen, and then somehow this becomes an issue about my love of TFC. The two have nothing to do with each other, IMO.
    Pretty reasonable point of view when stated like that.
    I guess for me i just dont understand how people cant be somewhat curious about both of these opponents and/or why season ticket holders are angry when the tickets are free...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think these are great friendlies. I don't know what all the crybabies are on about...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That club is now Pachuca, champions of CONCACAF for the second time and now carrying the banner of their nation and the region to do battle against the best the world can put against them.
    and this team is NOT suitabel for a friendly?

ya. . .2 time champs of the biggest / highest level competition TFC has a chance to play for.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am super excited to see Independiente. in terms of world footballing history they are one of the biggest clubs out there. 14 league titles, 7 copa libertadores!!, 2 intercontinental cups. stepping outside the eurocentric view clubs don't come much bigger than this. not to mention the fact that the argentine league is a very attractive league to watch with great football (when there is no diving and rioting lol) and i am pretty excited to go to this game.

i am not too familiar with pachuca though, i think they have come to the forefront more recently but no matter, it is good experience for the team to play someone like that for next year after we win the MLS cup...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by footyfan View Post

That had occurred to me as well. There was an article not too long ago in which Mo (remember Mo? Haven’t herd anything from him in ages) said TFC was looking to partner up with a South American team. Lets hope this is the first step.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched Pachuca play DC at home earlier this year. Pachuca was awesome (altho DC sucks so it's probably not high enough competition for them ) Pachuca had a great chemistry together and played a highly entertaining game.