Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One advantage of playing a Mexican and South American team - I wont know if they’re fielding B teams.

Seriously, I don’t see why some people are turning their noses up at these teams.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    theres a real TFC fan for you!!!
    These games are meaningless, don't count for anything. In addition to that TFC has a full schedule in July so I'm sure you will be seing the majoriyy of reserve players. Also not keen on the 2 reams coming over.

Hey Big supporter put your wallet where your mouth is and by my tickets. Special price for you becasuen your the biggets suporter.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    These games are meaningless, don't count for anything. In addition to that TFC has a full schedule in July so I'm sure you will be seing the majoriyy of reserve players. Also not keen on the 2 reams coming over.

Hey Big supporter put your wallet where your mouth is and by my tickets. Special price for you becasuen your the biggets suporter.

i already have season thanks...those games give exposure to the club/league which is needed. I will demand first team players not reserve,
    i can watch reserve games for that. you should sell all you tickets though
    there are some real supporters waiting out there..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good teams with good histories, both from countries with good communities in Toronto. Makes sense to me. These things aren't just about impressing the widest fan base.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CA Independiente is a good team. None other than Sergio "Kun" Aguero came from that club.

Here's a highlight of game against boca:

and this of their support

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pachuca

Lol

Damn...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    Ass wipe, keep it clean

I'm kind of a douche. I'll settle for that. You are a Douche.

If you bring a mid level team from the ePL or champions league the majority are in fact English.. The top Internationals paly for the ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool. Doesn't aren't the teams I'm talKing about

Yeah, stick to your standard m.o., show up in a thread, shit on it and insult everybody. Little surprise people don't seem to care what you think, and have no respect for your opinions.

As you were.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is somewhat disappointing from a selfish point of view as I would obviously prefer to see top flight European clubs at BMO Field. However, the TFC braintrust must cater to the diverse fan base in T.O. for the benefit of the supporters as a whole. Besides, even as a casual observer of South American football, I'm aware of the storied history of Pachuca and Independiente as elite football clubs in Mexico and Argentina...
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 05-22-2008 at 06:31 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post
    Yeah, stick to your standard m.o., show up in a thread, shit on it and insult everybody. Little surprise people don't seem to care what you think, and have no respect for your opinions.

As you were.
    buudy I staed my opinion on teams i wanted to see and didn't want to see.

Your the on ewith the insults calling me a douche. Grow up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why couldn't we have one "AV or Benfica" and one "Independiente or Pachuca"?

I'd be very curious to know - that was the obvious way to go.

I have my suspicions about the answer (clue - ask Martin O'Neill how he felt about his GK going down, and seeing 3 TFC guys get hurt)

olegunnar

The Argies are funny. I watched some of Independiente vs River this past weekend and the diving was off the charts. The thing is, instead of pulling a Schelotto and pouting when they didn't get the foul call they sort of looked up with a "well I tried" or "did my cheating duty, can't ask for more from me" kind of look. Makes the diving a bit more amusing and more tolerable, for the neutral at least.

olegunnar

Also I felt a little less embarassed that one of our songs is a men without hat's tune after watching Independiente....their main song is to the tune It's a heartache by Bonnie Tyler!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Independiente Supporters are some of the best in the world:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, I'm more interested in seeing Montreal and Vancouver…
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When there's not much else going on, the friendlies are fine (though personally I would tend to want to pay less for these, compared to regular matches - but if other's don't mind paying, I'm fine with it).

But with Canada Cup games at the same time, and a good chance that we'll have 4 more Champion's League games this season as well, I'd sooner that there the team had some rest, than playing 8 games in 4 weeks. The current 2 weeks are a bit of a marathon, but we'll have 4 weeks like that in July - with some players having to squeeze in a 9th game (All-Star game) during that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A goal from Toluca, not one of the friendly opponents but a club that might be considered "obscure" to Euro-centric football fans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Independiente also are one of South Americas best teams. They have won 7 Copa Libertadores Cups ( its South Americas version Champions League Cup) thats more then any other team in South America. They have also won the 3rd most Argentina Championships behind just River Plate and Boca with 14 tittles. They have also won 3 (more then any other team) of the now discontinued Copa Interamericana which was the Championship between best teams of South America and North America. And have aslo won 6 other international Cups.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^Independiente is clearly the better of the two teams. I'm not bummed at all about them.
    Pachuca is stupid though. And, no, I couldn't give a shit about CONCACAF "glory".

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This will be a real acid test as to how much fans are willing to spend…are these premium priced tickets…with all due respect to our Latin members…I don't consider these premium opponents.
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post
    This will be a real acid test as to how much fans are willing to spend…are these premium priced tickets…with all due respect to our Latin members…I don't consider these premium opponents.
    16,000 season ticket holders already own tickets to these games. What your saying doesn't make sense. The test will be the attendance at the game. Simple as that.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your absolutely right, Pachuco…how many will show up…how many will attempt to off load…how many of the 4,000 "public" tickets will sell?

Your asking supporters to attend 9 games in 28 days…not only that but these two fixtures are the least important in TFC's schedule during this insanely hectic period.

I'm not saying they aren't teams of quality…I'm saying it's too much footie…for the players and fans…it's a game every four days!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think these friendlies are pointless. We have enough games as it is and all we're doing is putting our players in jeopardy with these Latin hotheads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i actually wouldn't mind if they put some of the kids in for these. give them a chance against good competition. I'm itchin to see Gala and Melo go at it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The funny thing is both Independiente supporters and Pachuca supporters are probably saying.... WTF? Who's TFC? I want my money back BITCH!!!
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^
    Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pachuco are the Concacaf champions correct?

Its like any team in Europe playing a friendly with the CL champions, what's wrong with that? If we disregard Concacaf champions, why do we care if we even qualify?

Surely we want the Concacaf CL to be a regular and worthy tournament for our team, and make no mistake, Pachuco are going to be the team to beat when we play in it.

$70 though?

More than a sufficient match up, and maybe less potentially humiliating than going against Elite opposition and getting gutted 6-0

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocker, I'm expecting the reserves with a couple of runs for first team players for these games and I'll be livid if it's not…

Craver must be saying to Mo…"you've gotta be fuckin' joking!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love to see both these matches! I'm waaay more excited to see these teams than some shit EPL reserve team. Anyone needs to unload some tickets in south/127 pm me.