Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Downtown Toronto
    Posts
    4,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Mo on Soccercentral

    now!!

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Downtown Toronto
    Posts
    4,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So far:

    - 2 CBs (one experienced, one younger one)
    - 1 Wing player
    - couple of strikers

    - DD contract is high, but trying to work something out, maybe a coaching position in the academy

    - Robbo signed for less money

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    in your head
    Posts
    9,850
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i wonder what he means by high with DD...
    DD was making about 160K last year. Does he mean DD wanted more than that? Or that what he was making was high?
    160K is definitely high in MLS if he's not playing every day. But if he gets 10 goals playing regularly its not. Although to go more than that would be stretching things.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Downtown Toronto
    Posts
    4,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    O.White "we would to loved to had him", could miss the year, as per Mo.

    Mo wants grass, but not just MLSE, taking baby steps to get grass. Sooner than 2012/13.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Downtown Toronto
    Posts
    4,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    i wonder what he means by high with DD...
    DD was making about 160K last year. Does he mean DD wanted more than that? Or that what he was making was high?
    160K is definitely high in MLS if he's not playing every day. But if he gets 10 goals playing regularly its not. Although to go more than that would be stretching things.
    I think that's what Mo is thinking, if he is a guy coming off the bench or playing a few games next year, reducing his contract down to $100K to $125K maybe?? But offering him another position in the club as well to increase his salary back to what he wants.

    Robbo took a paycut he said.....that was interesting.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    887
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Robbo taking a pay cut is huge:

    Plus I read in somewhere that we have over a $1,000,000 in allocation. I think we're going to have the flexibility we need to put out a competitive side. I would think Canadians would be on that list as well.

    Plus, would we be able to sell Ruiz to a Guatemalan team too?

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    504
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    I think that's what Mo is thinking, if he is a guy coming off the bench or playing a few games next year, reducing his contract down to $100K to $125K maybe?? But offering him another position in the club as well to increase his salary back to what he wants.

    Robbo took a paycut he said.....that was interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigzTFC! View Post
    Robbo taking a pay cut is huge:

    Plus I read in somewhere that we have over a $1,000,000 in allocation. I think we're going to have the flexibility we need to put out a competitive side. I would think Canadians would be on that list as well.

    Plus, would we be able to sell Ruiz to a Guatemalan team too?

    It could be Mo talking semantics. Yes Carl could have signed for less, i.e. $200K, BUT he could have had his salary topped up by allocation cash (which wouldn't affect the cap). So technically in that sceario Carl signed for less, but he's infact gettig a pay rise. WE wo't know for sure until the salary# come out next year

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    4,382
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, I heard about Robbo signing for less. Even if allocation is involved and is a technicality, it's the salary cap hit that matters.

  9. #9
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fort Kickass!
    Posts
    5,319
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I hope what MoJo says about there being grass at BMO Field soon rings true.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

  10. #10
    Registered
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pape and Danforth
    Posts
    1,797
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The young CB is definitely David Edgar!


  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 125_TFC View Post
    The young CB is definitely David Edgar!
    Haha I wish, but I think its doubtful. It will probably be ANOTHER draft pick for the young CB. Hopefully Mo gets it right the third time drafting a CB in the first round.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In the heart of Anti Leaf Land
    Posts
    3,858
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    I hope what MoJo says about there being grass at BMO Field soon rings true.

    that all comes down to Toronto city council in the end. for the grass to be put down there would need to be more soccer there to make it worth it, 15-17 TFC dates a year is not going to make an impression on city
    council. More mens national teams,olympic team, U-20,U16 games
    would help as well has having the TFCc academy games there as well.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 116
    Posts
    827
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    grass wont happen until an alternate facility is built that can be used for the public. the reason that field turf was installed was so the community could benefit, if they replace the turf with grass then another one has to be available for the community...nearby.

  14. #14
    Registered
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pape and Danforth
    Posts
    1,797
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ccopela View Post
    Haha I wish, but I think its doubtful. It will probably be ANOTHER draft pick for the young CB. Hopefully Mo gets it right the third time drafting a CB in the first round.
    I know, it most likely will not be David. But I can hope, can't I? haha

    I don't overrate David like many people seem to do, however, I think he would be a very good defender in MLS.


  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    10,102
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 125_TFC View Post
    I know, it most likely will not be David. But I can hope, can't I? haha

    I don't overrate David like many people seem to do, however, I think he would be a very good defender in MLS.
    I'm torn, because he'd be a dominant defender in this league but would as a result probably never reach his high potential.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Eeeyore!!
    Posts
    3,481
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I'm torn, because he'd be a dominant defender in this league but would as a result probably never reach his high potential.
    Are you a TFC fan or David's best friend?

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,054
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Btw, the camera work on the interview was interesting...dobson and mo looked like they were old enough to be in an old age home...anyways...Mo frustrates the crap out of me but how non chalant he is...but lets see if he executes this year...

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    113
    Posts
    4,654
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was almost convinced ROBBO was heading back to England for more pay.....My respect level for him has risin even higher.....He must truely love living in canada and PLaying for TFC..to sign on for another 2 years..at a paycut.....!!

    Well done Robbo..!

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    渋谷区
    Posts
    2,960
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    Btw, the camera work on the interview was interesting...dobson and mo looked like they were old enough to be in an old age home...anyways...Mo frustrates the crap out of me but how non chalant he is...but lets see if he executes this year...
    Sun glasses and sandals the MOJO's TFC country club. I couldn't agree with you more. Im concerned for next season we need to start winning.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,704
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    I was almost convinced ROBBO was heading back to England for more pay.....My respect level for him has risin even higher.....He must truely love living in canada and PLaying for TFC..to sign on for another 2 years..at a paycut.....!!

    Well done Robbo..!
    Something doesn't add up. If you were abroad, would you remain away from home, and at a do it at a paycut... if you had other options? I would not. I love Robbo, he's a quality guy, great attitude, great defensive abilities. But I think his lack of offensive creativity has hindered his marketability. A very very one dimensional player, though he does that one dimenision very well. I'm still a bit troubled by his two yard passes to covered teammates. Yikes.

    As far as Mo goes, I think the supporters concur he's got about 10 games to show some real progress. Year three. Pre-approval for a DP. Lots of allocation space. Its time Mista Mo, its time.

  21. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,271
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    I was almost convinced ROBBO was heading back to England for more pay.....My respect level for him has risin even higher.....He must truely love living in canada and PLaying for TFC..to sign on for another 2 years..at a paycut.....!!

    Well done Robbo..!
    That is the kind of guy that Robbo is though, so it is not so surprising. Also have to wonder if his family (another huge reason of the speculation of his move) had in the process. Mabey his family is really adapted to living in Canada

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In the heart of Anti Leaf Land
    Posts
    3,858
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    Btw, the camera work on the interview was interesting...dobson and mo looked like they were old enough to be in an old age home...anyways...Mo frustrates the crap out of me but how non chalant he is...but lets see if he executes this year...

    are you going to demand Burke win the Cup for the Leafs in 2 years?
    cut Mo some slack. Mo non chalant? At least Mo smiles sometimes,
    Burke is a 24hr a day sourpuss. the major problem with soccercentral is they give TFC maybe 3-5 minutes of coverage, which is bullshit. This
    is why TFC need their own channel, and as soon as possible.

  23. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    10,102
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torcida_Toronto View Post
    Are you a TFC fan or David's best friend?
    I'm a Canadian. I'd like to think at some point our national program might not be a shambles and he might eventually become a top-class defender for the Nats.

    But it's a no-lose either way for me. If I'm his agent, though, I'd be telling him to stay in Europe.

  24. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hopefully the money will be used and the team will be in place early in the season without too much wheeling and dealing during the season allowing for the team to actually have some consistency and gel.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •