Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Robert's "Sore Knee" - How Bad Is It?

This from the Sun today:

The only negative slant on last night's game for TFC came in the 64th minute when midfielder Laurent Robert left the game because of a sore knee.

Do we know how he got hurt, or how serious it is?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DO we think Carver is messing with our minds? HAs he spent one too many hours with MO? I think the real probelm is EDU. He should be benched for a couple. THat ight shke he genration addidas nonsence out of his head and remind him what THE GOAL is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bombonera View Post
    DO we think Carver is messing with our minds? HAs he spent one too many hours with MO? I think the real probelm is EDU. He should be benched for a couple. THat ight shke he genration addidas nonsence out of his head and remind him what THE GOAL is.

What does that have to do with Roberts knee?! lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK. If he is hurt we are in trouble... Satified?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we could always bring in Todd Dunivant for the next match, nothing to worry about

Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya... he definately looked pretty bad out there in the second half.

It was a shame too, because i sit beside this anti-French bastard and had to hear him moaning about Robert all game long (L.R. is my favorite player). Usually we get pretty good banter going, but yesterday Robert wasn't helping my cause.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give him a game off. don't rush any recovery if it's serious. Robert isn't quick as it is. We don't need to push him already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right before he was subbed, Robert looked lost on a DC attack that almost resulted in a goal. Dunny brought joy to my heart when he came running on at that point.

If LR's leg is that bad, he should rest up against DC and be there for LA when all the other guys are away on international duty.

Jarrod Smith gets a start on the right and RR goes left like he always ends up doing anyway?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

didn't he get knocked on the knee when he totally deked that DC guy?
    the guy tried to recover but knocked Robert for a free kick (and card?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bombonera View Post
    Hey Bombonera - love the name, not sure about your post though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MKR View Post

It was a shame too, because i sit beside this anti-French bastard and had to hear him moaning about Robert all game long (L.R. is my favorite player). Usually we get pretty good banter going, but yesterday Robert wasn't helping my cause.
    At the Red Bulls game we had some Anti-French part timers who scored scalped tickets behind us. Dudes were ragging on Robert and making fun of the massive until i turned around and let them have it. Then they got all apologetic and asked what the chant was. The guy i took to the game was from Nantes....if only his english was better he'd have said a few choice words himself. haha

Regardless though, i don't understand "supporters" ragging on their own players in that manner. Robert was solid fucking gold in the first half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Hey Bombonera - love the name, not sure about your post though
    The post was admittedly off topic. Apologies. I was distracted by your streamers...

I think Robert has improved measurably since joining the team. Probably becasue he is getting fit again. He is now beating defenders consistently, and creating opportunities.

If his knee is a bit off, then should he be rested? what are our priorities? If you ask me, I think he should sit against Montreal. I think we need to priortize MLS opponents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah we need him more for mls games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    At the Red Bulls game we had some Anti-French part timers who scored scalped tickets behind us. Dudes were ragging on Robert and making fun of the massive until i turned around and let them have it. Then they got all apologetic and asked what the chant was. The guy i took to the game was from Nantes....if only his english was better he'd have said a few choice words himself. haha

Regardless though, i don't understand "supporters" ragging on their own players in that manner. Robert was solid fucking gold in the first half.

My buddy brought his girlfriends brother to the game, he flew in from Normandy in France...When he saw Robert was playing for TFC, he was in heaven and really got into the game!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post

good on you for putting those guys in their place.

At the home opener when Robert scored I really let that guy (my nemesis) have it. big time.

I'll NEVER understand why people who claim to support a team always get on some player's case because of something stupid like nationality.

they should fuck right off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly i'd give him a game on the bench this weekend to rest and insert one of Gala or Smith.

Losing Robert for next match is tolerable compared to losing him on top of all of our callups in the future. That would really suck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

saw him get hit in the second half and favour his knee. it looked harmless except that the DC guy appears to come in from the side on his leg. don't think it was intentional but then again I had a few pints... it's all a bit of a blur.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might have missed something re:his getting kicked around becasue the TV coverage was wretched, but based on the expulsion, RObert's knee is less of an issue than his head...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he was pissed he was playing to be honest.

He reminded me of Kevin Goldthwaite in his last match for TFC, too pissed off to be effective and destined for a red card.