Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Anyone else depressed?

I come out with this single question upon viewing new stadium after stadium popping up , making bmo look like a shit hole high school stadium .... im aware of the history , all be it short that BMO has accumilated however i feel sick when i see Rio tinto , the new 'caps stadium upgrades and the proposed ottawa pitch.... Even the whitecaps , upgrade to BC place is going to cost 300-400 Million dollars!!! i mean bmo was hastily constructed for 60..... BMO isint the NSS its the USS (Ugly Shithole Stadium) we have the support , were getting the team , we need the pitch REAL GRASS .........

rant = over

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The city paid for it so they had to economize -- anything more and the public would probably be quite upset. The stadium itself is ok, no bells and whistles but it serves its purpose... a roof and natural grass would be nice additions though

Also, I don't think anyone (even MLSE) could've predicted how TFC took off -- otherwise that stadium would be 25,000 - 30,000 capacity.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sadly, things were more unpredictable then (hence the cheap entry fee into the league)
    The appeal of MLS has grown in the last 2 years and now people are willing to invest more.
    Unfortunately we have this lego stadium that makes money for MLSE, so they see no need to improve it.
    Hopefully that opinion will change in time. I would love to see BMO upgraded to something a little classier.
    But I won't hold my breath.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'd rather have a stadium oozing with atmosphere, than a state-of-the-art stadium with thousands of empty seats.

The reasons why BMO didn't come with more bells and whistles has been discussed many times on this board. I'm sure improvements will be made to BMO in the future, but for the time being, I'm happy with what we have (pitch excepted). I wouldn't trade our match day atmosphere for any other in MLS as it stands. That to me is more important. Let's just hope that MLSE decides to finally reward the fans with stadium improvements at some point.
    Last edited by tfcleeds; 11-26-2008 at 10:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Real grass pitch, expand to 25000 in the future, I do'nt want to sit in a cavernous stadium with empty seats either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldnt really give a shit about the stadium, provided its not falling down around us.
    It serves its function. Id rather see the time adn money spent on putting together a winning team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm depressed so many threads have been started that rehash old arguments.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Couldnt really give a shit about the stadium, provided its not falling down around us.
    It serves its function. Id rather see the time adn money spent on putting together a winning team.

This is scary but Ossington...I have been agreeing with much of what you have been saying lately.

Yeah...she's not the prettiest stadium in the league. But man...she rocks the most. Get us into the playoffs and it will be an atmosphere like most of us have never felt before.

That's all that matters to me.

We have a team in Toronto...3 years ago we had nothing in top flight North American football, and I would have taken anything including the plastic pitch. Now we have it. Relish it people.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    This is scary but Ossington...I have been agreeing with much of what you have been saying lately.

Yeah...she's not the prettiest stadium in the league. But man...she rocks the most.

That's all that matters to me.

We have a team in Toronto...3 years ago we had nothing in top flight North American football, and I would have taken anything including the plastic pitch. Now we have it. Relish it people.
    HAHAHA
    its not scary, we agree on alot, theres prob one or two things we disagree on. Its common sense the majority of it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    I'm depressed so many threads have been started that rehash old arguments.
    now im even more depressed

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    now im even more depressed
    on a totally unrelated note, ive managed to hate the crew and its supporters e3ven more after watching that vid , and readng the comments about how columbus has the best supporters , and how bmo field is quiet.... you know i kinda want to go to columbus this year just to take my anger out on them

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now im enraged.
    fuck columbus, miserable twats.
    they will see quiet when sigi and schelotto leave and their team drops off the map and there supporter section drops immensely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fucking love BMO field. Who cares what it looks like, it's what's inside that counts.

Sorry, that got kind of cliche.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the shit of ml$e

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

depressed? What have you got to be depressed about footy wise?

You have a SSS, a team to play in it, more than one supporters group to hang with, more than a few footy bars vying for your dollar and providing footy to watch, and TFC bar nites to boot!

Up here in the woods we have... snow...

Now I'm depressed

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BMO is a great stadium, ok cheap buts its 100x better then we hard 4 years ago which was nothing!! We have a real professional team in Toronto since the Blizzard and the NASL left in 1984. A nice cozy stadium is nice to have, look at all the money that went into rebuilding Wembley and its a shithouse!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would be really depressing to me was if we built it and nobody came just like <insert everybody else here>.

Say what you want about BMO, but it still sells out every home game, is home to the best fans, is downtown on a pubic transit line and is the envy of everybody else in the MLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stugautz View Post
    What would be really depressing to me was if we built it and nobody came just like <insert everybody else here>.

Say what you want about BMO, but it still sells out every home game, is home to the best fans, is downtown on a pubic transit line and is the envy of everybody else in the MLS
    Best fucking post in the whole thread.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Word Stu...the Red Bulls may have a nice new stadium next year, RSL may have a nice new stadium this year but TFC has the best atmosphere of them all. Why complain? Because it's functional but not aesthetically pleasing? Really?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only depressing thing is how long we gotta wait to see our team play again...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BMO rocks, and I've never even been there. Why? Becuase every time I turn on the game, the crowd is so loud it sounds like white noise. Fuck RSL and NY and their fancy luxury boxes and glass roofs. You guys have a good old, working-class concrete block. Fucking perfect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my only complaint about BMO is the beer garden.

other than that? it's perfect in my eyes. i love stomping and jumping on our tin-can floor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when I'm watching a game I'm never thinking about the stadium. My eyes are glued to the action and I'm enjoying myself. After, I leave and go home. I love the view from my seat and that's all that matters to me.

If guys want a pretty stadium that gives you an orgasm when you stare at it, then ya, you have a problem.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF?! It's big, it's red, and it sends shivers down my spine when it gets humming in there.

It's this kind of fucked up thinking that saw the death of Maple Leaf Gardens. Now I'm not a hockey fan and I'm not even Canadian, but that was a sad day.

And I NEVER want to watch a TFC game from a seat that isn't the one I was standing on when Dichio scored and the cushions flew. Legends have been made in BMO Field, and I get stoked up just driving past it.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed