Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sick: Anyone else feeling it?

Fucking expansion draft, Carver possibly leaving.
    We didnt make gigantic leaps and bounds this year but we did progress.
    Now these two fuckers come a-knocking, to possibly unravel the positive direction we are headed in...

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like somebody has a case of the mondays

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAHAHAHA
    totally fucking do.
    If you were in arms reach youd have received a shot in the arm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll see how things go. Nothing confirmed yet. There is a reason some players were left exposed, so Mo may have something up his expensive sleeves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, could be.
    Also im wondering how many contracts are hinging on Carver staying (me being pessimistic and paranoid, you know, mondays)

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm hopeful that if Ricketts/JoSmith is chosen in the draft AANNDDD Carver leaves for England that MoJo has some serious aces up his sleeves...

1) Can Carver be replaced with Mariner (Revs Assistant) or someone else available?
    2) Can we have an awesome draft
    3) Can we scout some decent talent from abroad?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im hopeful MoJo gets chosen in the draft.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

losing 1 guy isn't the end of the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL ... what positive direction? As it stands right now, the team is headed in no comprehensible direction what so ever. What ever happens with the expansion draft and Carver ... it will NOT make the team worse ... I can say that with absolute certainty.

Don't worry though. These things will not affect the team in the slightest. The real concern is what Mo is capable of doing in terms of tradings and signings ... especially as it pertains to a DP. Those are the factors that can make or break the team next year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damiiano View Post
    I'm hopeful that if Ricketts/JoSmith is chosen in the draft AANNDDD Carver leaves for England that MoJo has some serious aces up his sleeves...

1) Can Carver be replaced with Mariner (Revs Assistant) or someone else available?
    2) Can we have an awesome draft
    3) Can we scout some decent talent from abroad?
    1- Mariners pretty much set to coach Seattle
    2- Ech, rare have drafts turned out to be all that effective on a year
    3- Still 50/50 on scouting, hopeful but realistic

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    losing 1 guy isn't the end of the world.
    Youre totally right but still was starting to feel that the young potential for this team was headed in a positive direction, im sure in the end it wont make a difference and Mo prob has something up his sleeve

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Fucking expansion draft, Carver possibly leaving.
    We didnt make gigantic leaps and bounds this year but we did progress.
    Now these two fuckers come a-knocking, to possibly unravel the positive direction we are headed in...

Carver is NOT leaving he said that himself of CBC....Expansion Draft will be good for TFC , if they can get the Canadian kid all the better.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not too worried about the expansion draft. None of the guys who would be taken are team changing losses and can be replaced.

Carver leaving would be a tough loss, but there are good coaches out there. Carver also did oversee a period of a huge loss streak. He is not manager of the year.

What worries me most is our backline and can it stop the other teams from getting that backbreaking goal we gave up too often?

Barrett will get someone to play with next year, DD will be coming off the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    Carver is NOT leaving he said that himself of CBC....Expansion Draft will be good for TFC , if they can get the Canadian kid all the better.
    I think your confused here...Expantion draft benifits Seattle....not TFC...we will lose players!...

I think you have the MLS Super Draft..and the Expantion draft mixed up

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Exactly, J. Anyone who we can chance to part with will be unprotected, but the guys we need to keep will be staying put. I'm not all that worried by the expansion draft this time around. The problem with last season was the fact that San Jose opted to take Poz and we kinda didn't want to let him go. At the time I wasn't too bothered by losing him, but some of the guys on the team were.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aaaahhh man....Just thinking about carver leaving is making me wanna puke!! I really really hopw he stays!! Carver is kinda like "Dad, holding your hand when you were young"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just thought of something....

(if you have a weak stomache, dont read further)

Consider, a really bad offseason.
    Starts with losing jo smith to seattle, Carver heads to newcastle, ricketts leaves to europe and just when we thought it couldnt get any worse... we get a "ruiz" for a DP or even better.... no DP at all.
    We are then forced to play half the season like that while we wait for the transfer window to open. Mo brings in some has beens and we end up bottom of the table again (but still ahead of galaxy).

I warned you it wasnt pretty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cambridge_Red View Post
    Im hopeful MoJo gets chosen in the draft.
    That would be the ultimate dream. I'd love it if TFC lost Mo Johnston in one way or another! (which is highly unlikely), even if it means we have to compensate him with 50 kilos of coke!!

But wait, what if he comes out of retirement and signs himself as the DP?
    Last edited by King Tut; 11-25-2008 at 07:30 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing has come true.... Potentially. We could lose Ricketts as he's been exposed to the draft.... I'm flabbergasted....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see the expansion draft as an excellent chance for TFC to shed some of it's roster "fat"

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    1- Mariners pretty much set to coach Seattle
    I don't think Mariner's a lock for Seattle... Schmid from Columbus is apparently the front runner according to Ives.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damiiano View Post
    I don't think Mariner's a lock for Seattle... Schmid from Columbus is apparently the front runner according to Ives.
    I know he was a target but it depends on the money they throw at him at Columbus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are people REALLY worried about losing Sutton, Ricketts or Jo Smith?

C'mon folks....get a grip on reality.

Of those 3, Ricketts is the only guy that rates as "moderately challenging to replace". I don't see him being claimed because he carries a pretty big price tag and he would suck up an international spot. Seattle already has a bunch of money committed to guys like Keller, Ljundberg and that French guy they are bringing over from the USL. They probably can't afford another $200K+ for a good but not necessarily All-Star quality midfielder. I don't think alot of other teams could justify that price tag either so i don't see him being a risk of being picked up to be traded later.

Sutton? easy to find a replacement for him. Kenny Stamatopolous comes to mind (if you are looking for a Canadian born equivalent). But worry not...he's not going to be claimed. Who wants a middle of the pack GK making $100K+ per year. In the famous words of Mel Lastman....NOOOOOOOObody

Jo Smith? I'd welcome his departure....maybe it would open the door to someone with a decent 1st touch and a clue in regards to positional play.

Why do we fall in love with players? I'll never understand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostPK View Post
    I just thought of something....

(if you have a weak stomache, dont read further)

Consider, a really bad offseason.
    Starts with losing jo smith to seattle, Carver heads to newcastle, ricketts leaves to europe and just when we thought it couldnt get any worse... we get a "ruiz" for a DP or even better.... no DP at all.
    We are then forced to play half the season like that while we wait for the transfer window to open. Mo brings in some has beens and we end up bottom of the table again (but still ahead of galaxy).

I warned you it wasnt pretty.
    None of these scenarios concerns me in the least.

I hope Jo Smith is taken. It makes space for a better player (hopefully Canadian)

If Carver leaves, so be it.

Ricketts to Europe...Oh well. can't blame the guy for looking for more money. There are other Rohan Ricketts types seeking summer employment in "America". I would not be thrilled to see him go but I have no doubt that an adequate facsimile could be found.

No DP...no problem. didn't seem to bother Columbus...last I checked they were taking home that trophy called the MLS Cup.

Our biggest problem involves the guy who WON'T leave town....a certain ornery little Scot named Maurice.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VPjr View Post
    None of these scenarios concerns me in the least.

I hope Jo Smith is taken. It makes space for a better player (hopefully Canadian)

If Carver leaves, so be it.

Ricketts to Europe...Oh well. can't blame the guy for looking for more money. There are other Rohan Ricketts types seeking summer employment in "America". I would not be thrilled to see him go but I have no doubt that an adequate facsimile could be found.

No DP...no problem. didn't seem to bother Columbus...last I checked they were taking home that trophy called the MLS Cup.

Our biggest problem involves the guy who WON'T leave town....a certain ornery little Scot named Maurice.
    That's confusing. To have such unswerving faith in future acquisitions (albeit not difficult ones) but none in the person making them.

???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    That's confusing. To have such unswerving faith in future acquisitions (albeit not difficult ones) but none in the person making them.

???
    I have no faith in Mo's ability to build a championship team.

I think he is more than capable of finding serviceable replacements for the type of players TFC might lose in the Expansion draft. I say that because i am quite convinced that I am more than capable of securing replacements for players like Jo Smith, Greg Sutton, or Rohan Ricketts (Rohan being the toughest of the 3 to replace but far from impossible).

That's right...i said it. I want your job Mo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is Mo right now? Is he still in Brazil... or is he going down there when the weather gets worse here? At any rate, I would love to see some kind of scouting report from this South American trip... you know, something to tell the fans that they are indeed serious about their jobs.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

johan smith
    or jarod smith?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

theres a lot of hate for mo.

i think he is doing an alright job.

im sure youll all change your mind after the superdraft

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont hate the dude, just question certain moves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VPjr View Post
    I have no faith in Mo's ability to build a championship team.
    Just curious. Anyone know how many of the Dead Bulls players were left over from Mo's days?

As for feeling sick. No I have always had an unexplainable belief that our third season will be the magic year. I can't justify it. Just one of those things. I am looking forward to season three more than season one or two.