Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC should sign some of these players from Estrela Amadora (Port)

Estrela Amadora Is a team in the Portuguese 1st Div, Players no pay for 3 months and the team is on the brink of folding, TFC should offer a contract to there center back or striker.

http://www.estreladaamadora.pt/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C.F._Estrela_da_Amadora

Translation By: http://www.freetranslation.com/

http://ww1.rtp.pt/desporto/index.php...sual=17&Top=21
    <H5>P: Ainda não há salários no Estrela da Amadora

Havia cheque mas um problema com as assinaturas não permitiu pagar um mês de vencimentos, como prometido.

</H5>E: Still there is not salaries in the Star of the Amateur one there was check but a problem with the signatures did not permit to pay a month of earnings, as promised.

http://ww1.rtp.pt/desporto/index.php...sual=17&Top=21

P: Jogadores do Estoril ameaçam com greve

Os jogadores do Estoril admitem avançar com um pré-aviso de greve. À semelhança do que acontece no Estrela da Amadora, os futebolistas do Estoril não recebem ordenado há três meses.

E: Players of the Estoril threaten with strike The players of the Estoril are going to advance with an advance notice of strike. To the resemblance than happens in the Star of the Amateur one, the soccer players of the Estoril do not receive salary there are three months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What people don't understand is that what makes players want to come to play for Toronto FC? or in Canada for general? Most of these players don't even know about the MLS or the quality of soccer here. As well, I keep hearing that we should go to South America to sign players, but do those players want to come play for Toronto FC? live in Canada? I'm just saying that because we love living here, doesn't make every soccer player want to play and live here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Nuvinho.
    Its exactly that, Canada/MLS isnt all we sometimes think its made out to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dundas St West aint all that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, but if they players aren't getting paid, they might be willing to come for descent paycheck. I don't think anyone's suggesting it's a sure thing that the players will want to play or here or that they are even right for the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Amadora situation is really bad. Not the first time a team from portugal threatened to go on striker for not getting paid.

And the thing is, some of these players, dont make a whole lot of money anyways. Not saying they'll jump on the mls opportunity. But if someone mentions this, its not a really crazy idea imo. I can see some players really taking the idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff s View Post
    The Amadora situation is really bad. Not the first time a team from portugal threatened to go on striker for not getting paid.

And the thing is, some of these players, dont make a whole lot of money anyways. Not saying they'll jump on the mls opportunity. But if someone mentions this, its not a really crazy idea imo. I can see some players really taking the idea.

This is so true, The players have families to feed, So MO look into this there is some good Brazilians on this team $$$$$$$.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting news. I hope if we (TFC fans, the soccer community on the Net) know about this, it’s old news to the TFC management.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All though the money could be tempting, i still think that a majority of those won't consider coming here (at least not yet..) Amadora usually have a pretty young team, take players on loan from the bigger clubs of Portugal. I just dont think a lot of those players would consider coming here for they could easily just go to another club in Portugal, and those that would come here, u have to question how good are they in the first place?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This happened last year, when several players left Dunfermline in the Scottish league because it wasn't paying them anymore. I believe Tam McManus came out of that situation and ended up at Colorado and their former captain, a centre half whose name eludes me (chris something?), was on trial at NYRB as a result.

Nuvinho, ask yourself why they WOULDN'T want to come live here. I spent half my life living overseas and, apart from the weather, could see very little advantage to European life. Sure, some people are acclamated to certain cultures, behaviour etc. But others want a challenge. I can't see any good reason why, if the money and other circumstances are right, they would reject the notion out of hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look at it this way, if you were unemployed, would you want to go work in Portugal if you got the same or less money than you are making here? Will you bring your family over? How would they like it there? As well, wasn't one of the reason's why Tebily and his family went back to Europe was the higher costs of living here (I am unsure if that was the reason tho).

I am just saying that you can't say that if the money is right and there is a job available for them they will come over. There is more that these players have to consider.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcmanu View Post
    This is so true, The players have families to feed, So MO look into this there is some good Brazilians on this team $$$$$$$.
    That team is pretty much all Brazillians... lol If they were willing to travel across the pond to not get paid, maybe they wont mind a trek north for som real money and security.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    I look at it this way, if you were unemployed, would you want to go work in Portugal if you got the same or less money than you are making here? Will you bring your family over? How would they like it there? As well, wasn't one of the reason's why Tebily and his family went back to Europe was the higher costs of living here (I am unsure if that was the reason tho).

I am just saying that you can't say that if the money is right and there is a job available for them they will come over. There is more that these players have to consider.
    Trust me, Portugal isn't the best place to live right now if you're just getting a modest wage (or in this case no wage at all). The weather and the relaxed lifestyle in Portugal is better but a family man always has their family's security on their mind.

I think the biggest problem with attracting players over here is the low salary cap. Remember, we have players on this team barely making a living wage.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    What people don't understand is that what makes players want to come to play for Toronto FC? or in Canada for general? Most of these players don't even know about the MLS or the quality of soccer here. As well, I keep hearing that we should go to South America to sign players, but do those players want to come play for Toronto FC? live in Canada? I'm just saying that because we love living here, doesn't make every soccer player want to play and live here.
    Nuvi makes a great counter and I appreciate the balance it provides but more importantly I love the news of possibilities, no matter how remote (in likelyhood, not geographic location).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff s View Post

It's very likely nothing may come of this but it's at least much better than saying: "TFC should sign Player XYZ for DP" randomly, without considering any factors whatsoever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by invictusTFC View Post
    Trust me, Portugal isn't the best place to live right now if you're just getting a modest wage (or in this case no wage at all). The weather and the relaxed lifestyle in Portugal is better but a family man always has their family's security on their mind.

I think the biggest problem with attracting players over here is the low salary cap. Remember, we have players on this team barely making a living wage.
    Yeah I was figuring out EI payments after taxes, and even after taxes someone on EI makes more than a developmental contract.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surely there would be other clubs in the same league willing to take them on first though, at least the better players? They'd look to make a sideways movement before a radical shift to MLS.

Still, nothing ventured, nothing gained. And if the players are feeling all fucked off about stuff then they may think "hell yeah, I'm up for something different, why not go and be a big fish in the MLS pond?". A quick bit of research on Toronto and TFC's fans would surely help convince them. I'm not Canadian but there's no other city in the world I'd want to live in above this one. Love it.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, as a general point on signing players, I wonder how if the FO ever show potential signings footage of the reaction when DD got the first ever goal? What an awesome way to convince someone that BMO Field would be a great place to play. Some of the better streamer footage would be good too. It would make MLS look like a cauldron of passionate fans, or at least TFC. I'd be excited to play in that!
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YAY! PORKCHOPS!!

NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.