View Poll Results: Are you going to purchase the new TFC jersey before Xmas??

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 19.00%
  • No

179 81.00%
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: new jerseys!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kingpin View Post
    I've been keeping note since day one.
    cool. I've got the notes from before that.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Nahh - he just role plays

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackandwhite View Post
    I thought Damiiano was the secretary???
    No, he's the Sunshine Boy...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skint View Post
    As a wild guess? They say the various groups are a great thing for the club. Beneath their collective breaths they probably wish they never had to deal with any of us. I sure as hell would not want to deal with the supporters groups.
    I disagree.

The supporters are "the spectacle", they're almost solely responsible for the "atmosphere".

MLSE wanted supporters, and did everything they could to encourage their formation and growth. If the supporters disappeared, I wouldn't count on that waiting list filling the stadium for more than a year, as the gameday experience would be much impaired.

I_AM_CANADIAN

Quote Originally Posted by skint View Post
    As a wild guess? They say the various groups are a great thing for the club. Beneath their collective breaths they probably wish they never had to deal with any of us. I sure as hell would not want to deal with the supporters groups.
    And this is what many people on here and I'm sure in the TFC boardroom don't understand. Without supporters, a football club is nothing. The Columbus Crew are in the MLS Cup, yet you don't ever hear anyone talking about them. Nobody cares. If TFC made the final, it would be a f*cking massive deal.

Also, the rest of MLS is green with envy over TFC's support. And the reason the rest of the stadium is full is essentially because of us, people want to experience the atmosphere. We're the reason we had the All-Star game here, we're the reason the commissioner raves about us every time he opens his mouth.

Anyway you look at it, we're beneficial to MLSE. The only people who aren't are the drunken beer-throwing idiots, and we hate them too.

Players, managers, coaches and even execs are only around for a few years. We're here forever. We're far more important than they are in the long term.
    Last edited by I_AM_CANADIAN; 11-19-2008 at 03:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post

Another classic goalie kit

blackandwhite

No, he's the Sunshine Boy...
    He used to walk around with pen and a notebook at the meetings...
    probably kept pictures of other sunshine boys!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by I_AM_CANADIAN View Post
    And this is what many people on here and I'm sure in the TFC boardroom don't understand. Without supporters, a football club is nothing. The Columbus Crew are in the MLS Cup, yet you don't ever hear anyone talking about them. Nobody cares. If TFC made the final, it would be a f*cking massive deal.

Also, the rest of MLS is green with envy over TFC's support. And the reason the rest of the stadium is full is essentially because of us, people want to experience the atmosphere. We're the reason we had the All-Star game here, we're the reason the commissioner raves about us every time he opens his mouth.

Anyway you look at it, we're beneficial to MLSE. The only people who aren't are the drunken beer-throwing idiots, and we hate them too.
    Hence my concerns about rising prices, cash grab PR ideas, and leaning on this idea of an unconditional waiting list, and a "thank you sir, can I have another please, sir?" mentality among supporters.
    Prices go up ---> supporters can't show up ---> interest dies ---> waiting list gone ---> quick realization that the football just isn't that good on its own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I disagree.
    Ah but I agree the supporters are the spectacle and that the atmosphere brings people in. What I am saying (guessing) is that beneath their breath they wish they never had to deal with the supporters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think players at the Supporters cup would be a fan-fuckin-tastic IDEA!!!! have a bit of a coach/helpful kinda of role.

do i think it will happen, thats another question!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Columbus Crew are in the MLS Cup, yet you don't ever hear anyone talking about them. Nobody cares. If TFC made the final, it would be a f*cking massive deal.
    thinking about what you just said.

If TFC made the Final it would be a big deal here in Toronto (and surrounding area). It wouldn't be a big deal anywhere else. There's no team in MLS that's bigger than the league. Teams like Manchester, Madrid, NY Yankees and even the Leafs are bigger than their league, and people will care no matter what the result is.

TFC isn't there yet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meanwhile.....I think the market dropped 300 points in the 15 minutes I just spent reading/posting on this.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackandwhite View Post
    He used to walk around with pen and a notebook at the meetings...
    probably kept stickypictures of other sunshine boys!!
    Altered for accuracy...

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is why no one listens to you when you make good points! You go off the deep end and make attacks and over the top comments.

You were doing so well! People were agreeing with you and everything.

Oh well.

In tiny TFC terms, Paul would be part of the senior leadership. I'm willing to suggest very few MLSE employees draw "seven figures", let alone TFC. To be blunt, you are sounding just a touch naive. Your opinion is noted, but I think you need to understand how hierarchy works. Paul is in charge of day-to-day operations of TFC, thus he it the main contact with respect to issues. Cesar used to be a main contact as the Marketing Director, but he has been proven to be somewhat useless. In this case Paul needed to take over to ensure that supporter relationships stayed strong. Cesar continues to overpay for poorly targeted ad campaigns, and TTC Streetcar wraps. If you have an issue with TFC, you speak with Paul. Anyone higher in the MLSE org chart will dismiss you, as in their mind you are just another sucker minion. Just taking the piss a bit, but you know what I mean.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    This is why no one listens to you when you make good points! You go off the deep end and make attacks and over the top comments.

You were doing so well! People were agreeing with you and everything.

Oh well.
    "Just taking the piss a bit, but you know what I mean." shoulda put..

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe I read this whole thread!

My position: too poor to buy one right now.

I also don't like the idea of being considered a salavating hound at the door, eager to throw good money down on something sight-unseen in order to belong to an 'exclusive' group and catch a free drink.
    And right after forking over a whack of cash to renew our seats; right before the holidays; right in the middle of the worst economic climate of our generation... um, no.

I own the 'original' jersey and already belong to a swell group of supporters and can grab a Smirnoff pretty cheap at the LCBO if I really want one.

That said, I might just crash the party anyway...
    Support Local Football.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gobi View Post
    That said, I might just crash the party anyway...

that's an option for girls. Not so much for the rest of us dorks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While the pricing certainly sucks, back when our dollar was on par or over the gringo buck, we were STILL paying more. Really the only retailer that did it was walmart which forced zellers and others to do the same.
    Ever try going into Chapters and asking them why their books are so much more? Their excuse is that they would have to buy months in advance. Ok, well try after 4-6 months they still did not adjust prices.
    I guess the point of this rant is that we do get ripped off here in Canada. It's been documented in the news many times.
    I don't buy the excuse that "shipping" is a factor since they come from the same factory on the same boat.
    I'm not buying until their is a sale.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many pages will this thread get to?

"Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not stupid! Or stoopid!!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love lamp

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
    While the pricing certainly sucks, back when our dollar was on par or over the gringo buck, we were STILL paying more. Really the only retailer that did it was walmart which forced zellers and others to do the same.
    Ever try going into Chapters and asking them why their books are so much more? Their excuse is that they would have to buy months in advance. Ok, well try after 4-6 months they still did not adjust prices.
    I guess the point of this rant is that we do get ripped off here in Canada. It's been documented in the news many times.
    I don't buy the excuse that "shipping" is a factor since they come from the same factory on the same boat.
    Yeah man. We get royally screwed up here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy crap, my bookie was off with his odds. 13 pages and the day isn't even over yet... get back to work you slackers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    Yeah man. We get royally screwed up here.
    I can't remember if it was here or someone on a dif board, but they e-mailed adidas to ask why their was such a difference b/w the pricing in Canada and the US. They got a huge BS response that looks like the poop on Columbus pic.
    In short, I choose to vote with my wallet.

I don't buy the excuse that the kits for Canada need some type of translating or something into French. And look at how bad/tough it is to find any Canada merch, but that also includes the CSA factor...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're the reason we had the All-Star game here, we're the reason the commissioner raves about us every time he opens his mouth.
    actually the reason we got the mls cup is because it was part of the deal when mlse signed up for the franchise...it has nothing to do with the support that the team gets. also part of the deal TFC only Canadian team until 2010 and i believe i get the mls cup also can remember which year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    actually the reason we got the mls cup is because it was part of the deal when mlse signed up for the franchise...it has nothing to do with the support that the team gets. also part of the deal TFC only Canadian team until 2010 and i believe i get the mls cup also can remember which year.

MLS cup??? don't you mean all-star game? or did we get the MLS cup too while i was under a rock?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
    your chapters example doesn't work. they just sell the books. it's the publishers that price them. sure chapters could cut the price, but they'd be losing as they pay the same amount to the publisher. yes it's cost, but something like that doesn't look good in their books i guess.

the only books that chapters has complete control over are their bargain books. that's it. they could put every book on sale, but they need to keep their profit margins high.

i used to work at coles/smithbooks (all indigo anyways) and someone told me to change the price. i told them i'd go in the back and adjust the machine that binds the books.

shop online, it's the best way to buy books, music and dvds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let it fester all night and broke down early this morning...gotta get the new kit. Faxed the order in from work this morning at 5:30. A fool and his money are soon parted. What the hell even the banks don't have money these days.