View Poll Results: Are you going to purchase the new TFC jersey before Xmas??

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 19.00%
  • No

179 81.00%
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: new jerseys!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to have useful contributions until the day that shall not be mentioned.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexintoronto View Post
    I used to have useful contributions until the day that shall not be mentioned.

You'll rue tha day ya crossed me Trebek!
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know not this day, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't involved...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OLOE, we support United... we're always the ones to blame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhhh, I see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackandwhite View Post
    These guys who hold these event have been fucking up since first year...Dividing up fans according to their economical classes... $200 events with wine and cheese and for the rest of us common folks $50 which should have been named 91st min not 90th btw... Basically selling their player appearances to make money for the club. Yes it goes to charities but.. It looks like TFC is doing a community work.. If you care so much about the community then donate your own profits.

How many players where at the supporter's cup?
    In relation to the party for the jersey launch, I don't get this? The jersey launch is not splitting up anyone by classes. If you were looking for a new jersey it's a chance to go to a party for no extra charge (above the point that TFC jerseys seem to be higher priced).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneLoveOneEric View Post
    I know not this day, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't involved...
    I was just laughing. I thought it was extremely witty.

Everybody Loves Raymond + Everybody Hates Chris + OneLoveOneEric

=

(I won't mention it again since it seems to bother you, but I assume no offense was intended - certainly none from me.)

I_AM_CANADIAN

And just one more thing... You think that's an ugly kit?

These, my friends, are ugly kits:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ c'mon that grey Liverpool kit is a classic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Classic piece of shit.

I_AM_CANADIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Bars92 View Post
    ^ c'mon that grey Liverpool kit is a classic!
    Nothing even marginally involved with Liverpool is a classic.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ England keeper jersey or Cosby Sweater?

blackandwhite

Quote Originally Posted by skint View Post
    In relation to the party for the jersey launch, I don't get this? The jersey launch is not splitting up anyone by classes. If you were looking for a new jersey it's a chance to go to a party for no extra charge (above the point that TFC jerseys seem to be higher priced).
    What I meant by that is they see you as walking dollar signs...some bigger signs than the others... Why else would someone make a condescending remark like "you know you waaaaant it" ?

Yes Paul we want the Toronto FC jersey not because it looks great or you are giving us a great deal on the price. We love this team we'll support it even when you move on to bigger and better jobs .We'll still be here in 10 years when all the FO will have moved to other careers..

I_AM_CANADIAN

^ 1991 meets Krusty the Clown?

I_AM_CANADIAN

What I meant by that is they see you as walking dollar signs...some bigger signs than the others... Why else would someone make a condescending remark like "you know you waaaaant it" ?

Yes Paul we want the Toronto FC jersey not because it looks great or you are giving us a great deal on the price. We love this team we'll support it even when you move on to bigger and better jobs .We'll still be here in 10 years when all the FO will have moved to other careers..
    He was probably doing something generally known in Western society as 'kidding'. And secondly, since when has Paul been a TFC bigwig? Do you really think he's pulling in a seven-figure salary?

blackandwhite

Quote Originally Posted by I_AM_CANADIAN View Post
    He was probably doing something generally known in Western society as 'kidding'. And secondly, since when has Paul been a TFC bigwig? Do you really think he's pulling in a seven-figure salary?
    Tell me more about this Western society. I'd like to know.. How long have you known Paul?

I_AM_CANADIAN

Well, the predominant language is English, capitalism is the political philosophy of all but a few nations, the rate of increase of the average income is far outstripped by cost inflation, cars are the preferred mode of transportation, and we think mp3 players are a pretty neat idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And secondly, since when has Paul been a TFC bigwig? Do you really think he's pulling in a seven-figure salary?
    Behind Tom Anselmi and Trader Mo - you have Paul

blackandwhite

I stopped liking the guy after he told the supporter groups not to bring any banners, drums etc to the Columbus away game instead of talking to Columbus FO and making sure we had what we needed to support the team the way we always do.
    The way he likes to use it in his ads and commercials.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't argue with you there in the larger sense. In relation to the jersey, I guess he was making a little joke and you sense he is being condescending. Just a different way of looking at things.

I_AM_CANADIAN

Do you think one man is in charge of all that? Think about that for a moment. This is one of the richest sports ownership groups in the world, and they put one guy to look after all the things you're pinning on him doing wrong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think one man is in charge of all that? Think about that for a moment. This is one of the richest sports ownership groups in the world, and they put one guy to look after all the things you're pinning on him doing wrong?
    Not all his fault, but it's part of his job to make sure everyone under him is doing their job. If anyone in my division at work does something wrong, the first person to take flak is my boss.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Another classic goalie kit

blackandwhite

Fine the whole MLSE top boys... they are all wrong. Not just Paul.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do wonder how the supporters groups are viewed behind closed doors at MLSE/TFC.

I have a sneaking suspicion the suits have a strong "Dr Frankenstein" view of things. They see RPB and U Sector as their creation, their "brand", and view the supporters as the unconscious subjects of a sort of ongoing social experiment whose ultimate purpose is their for-profit objective.

I'm not calling Paul B out, I think his part in this is much more complex, having met him my read is that he is both a suit and a genuine supporter. I think he must think about these issues himself, but the compensation for him is that he has a genuinely special, great job.

We'll never know, as nobody would ever admit to this.
    Last edited by ensco; 11-19-2008 at 03:42 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In tiny TFC terms, Paul would be part of the senior leadership. I'm willing to suggest very few MLSE employees draw "seven figures", let alone TFC. To be blunt, you are sounding just a touch naive. Your opinion is noted, but I think you need to understand how hierarchy works. Paul is in charge of day-to-day operations of TFC, thus he it the main contact with respect to issues. Cesar used to be a main contact as the Marketing Director, but he has been proven to be somewhat useless. In this case Paul needed to take over to ensure that supporter relationships stayed strong. Cesar continues to overpay for poorly targeted ad campaigns, and TTC Streetcar wraps. If you have an issue with TFC, you speak with Paul. Anyone higher in the MLSE org chart will dismiss you, as in their mind you are just another sucker minion. Just taking the piss a bit, but you know what I mean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I do wonder how the supporters groups are viewed behind closed doors at MLSE/TFC.
    As a wild guess? They say the various groups are a great thing for the club. Beneath their collective breaths they probably wish they never had to deal with any of us. I sure as hell would not want to deal with the supporters groups.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kingpin View Post
    Your opinion is noted,
    you're keeping notes on all of this?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)