View Poll Results: Are you going to purchase the new TFC jersey before Xmas??

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 19.00%
  • No

179 81.00%
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: new jerseys!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    Once grass roots supporters are priced out of the stadium the atmosphere will die and attendance will plummet.

MLSE is going to run this operation right into the ground and pass the problem of the empty useless stadium back onto the govt.

Who let you back in?

Is there going to be a long sleeve jersey?

I'll wait for that if there is.

blackandwhite

Quote Originally Posted by I_AM_CANADIAN View Post
    Do you think Penguins players go out and hang with the fans at bars? I doubt it, and not just cause Crosby's underage in the US.
    We are talking about a FOOTBALL CLUB here not a drinking club.. TFC should start holding events at the stadium where the fans would go for free.

You don't think there are facilities inside the BMO field for this?

But there is not a person in TFC who would understand that. Like we saw with the supporter's cup being renamed after a chain of bars which none of the supporter groups go to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackandwhite View Post
    We are talking about a FOOTBALL CLUB here not a drinking club.. TFC should start holding events at the stadium where the fans would go for free.

You don't think there are facilities inside the BMO field for this?

But there is not a person in TFC who would understand that. Like we saw with the supporter's cup being renamed after a chain of bars which none of the supporter groups go to.
    All for the greater good of ML$E I'm sure.

blackandwhite

not to forget limiting access to the few good fan run websites we had early in the season... should we make a list?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not to forget limiting access to the few good fan run websites we had early in the season... should we make a list?

I'd read it........

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed - more free football-realted events would be nice. TO be fair, I think they had an open practice this summer... More events like that would be appreciated.

And i do think there is a place for the other stuff too. To ignore that sports today is a big business would be naive...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'AN' open practice. Didn't our original season ticket package say that both practices and reserve games were a perk that SSH's would get? It only took 3/4 of the first season to figure out how to organize people for the reserve games without booting people out and being told, "I don't care what your Season Ticket card says, nobody is allowed to stay inside".

blackandwhite

It's a big business because it's run by business people not by football people. How many of the FO or MLSE are real supporters? 5 out of 100??

There is a way to make money and stay true to football... selling out your own supporters the first people you go to in a product launch is not the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    I agree with what you're saying, but it's important to be accurate to strengthen your argument.

Unless I have misread the email, if you buy the shirt you get a ticket. The tickets are limited to 300 people. You can buy and extra ticket for $25. The last part is a mistake imho.

Mr. Crosby, the NHL's reigning scoring champion and MVP, had emerged from the driver's seat of the Jaguar, climbed her front steps, opened the storm door and knocked.
    "Hello," he said, smiling and handing her a box.
    He was one of six Penguins players who hand-delivered season tickets to 24 homes around the Pittsburgh area. The others were forwards Evgeni Malkin, Colby Armstrong and Maxime Talbot, defenseman Ryan Whitney and goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury.

Only four season ticket holders received their tickets from Crosby.
    I corrected the first part. Second part -- what's the diff? Did 4 of us get tickets delivered by Jim Brennan? Do they want us to pay for other parties they "invite" us to? The point is that it shows teams willing to go the extra mile for their fans. Sydney Crosby is a zillionaire superstar, and his owners got him to do this. St. Louis has done this, the Sharks did, and I think it was done in Calgary too. These are the guys that are supposed to be the overpaid, uncaring mercenaries and they've been willing or coerced into doing this. Why do I want to pay to go to a "90th minute" party, or whatever it was called when other teams -- with big stars playing for them -- send players to fans houses. Even if it's just a lucky few.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OLOE, that's exactly it. Showing the people who pay your wages, that you actually care. Instead of making a buck at every turn, at the expense of those paying your wages.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not buying the new jersey. An especially not for that price.

I will still rock my original jersey that I sewed an embroidered badge on to.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many of the FO or MLSE are real supporters? 5 out of 100??
    there's 100 people working in that office? I think the number's more like 30.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    'AN' open practice. Didn't our original season ticket package say that both practices and reserve games were a perk that SSH's would get? It only took 3/4 of the first season to figure out how to organize people for the reserve games without booting people out and being told, "I don't care what your Season Ticket card says, nobody is allowed to stay inside".

and let's not forget "early entry to the stadium for SSH". That one never even came close to happening

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Deniz makes some very good points here.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

blackandwhite

These guys who hold these event have been fucking up since first year...Dividing up fans according to their economical classes... $200 events with wine and cheese and for the rest of us common folks $50 which should have been named 91st min not 90th btw... Basically selling their player appearances to make money for the club. Yes it goes to charities but.. It looks like TFC is doing a community work.. If you care so much about the community then donate your own profits.

How many players where at the supporter's cup?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly, probably one of the best times to have players... or ANY player for that matter show up to encourage the growth of the sport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These guys who hold these event have been fucking up since first year...Dividing up fans according to their economical classes... $200 events with wine and cheese and for the rest of us common folks $50 which should have been named 91st min not 90th btw... Basically selling their player appearances to make money for the club. Yes it goes to charities but.. It looks like TFC is doing a community work.. If you care so much about the community then donate your own profits.

Exactly. Why do we pay to see the players? If they want to offer this, then just offer it. Even Joe McGrath could get his players to do a fashion show

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next year each team should have a player as a coach. And free beer on the sidelines.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...Dividing up fans according to their economical classes... $200 events with wine and cheese and for the rest of us common folks $50 which should have been named....

sorry, but dividing up people based on economic class is kind of the whole point when selling tickets to any sporting event / concert / anything with a range of seats. If BMO was general admission, it would be chaos.

There's always going to be prawn seats and nosebleed seats in any sports venue, and I don't think it hurts to have events that cater to each of these levels. Having said that... the really high end events that the Leafs do, usually for hundreds of dollars per personal, help out a Charity. There's a leafs fund and a raptors fund for helping out the community. If the $200 seats contribute to that, then I have no problem with it. If the cash just goest back into the MLSE purse, then it's a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    Exactly, probably one of the best times to have players... or ANY player for that matter show up to encourage the growth of the sport.
    We seem to be at opposite ends today I think the supporters cup would be the exact WRONG time to encourage the growth of the sport. Everyone playing in such an even already is a strong supporter... It'd be a better opportunity the players to show appreciation for the support.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first off. i dont like the design at all. but thats just personal opinion. personally i was disappointed when i saw the leaked photos of the new kit. i think MLSE could easily do way better but so far hasnt. so the design team gets a "C-" from me. "C" for crap. dont like the superimposed maple leaf either. think its lame.
    high price+sight unseen(officially)+poor design (based on leaked photo)= NOT HAPPENIN' for craiger. i'll make my own supporters shirt as usual. rather than buy that overpriced lame crap.

hey, heres an idea: how bout a combat (cammoflague -sp) kit. can i get a hell yeah? lol. you know, to match my g-unit pants.

and for those saying that it's bull sh-t that TFC is charging $25 bucks for the party ticket and that it would have been nice if they would have thrown in the ticket to this thing for free...
    THEY ARE! read above again. extra tickets are $25.

plus, ...(see above), did anyone else notice they say you get access to "A drink"? u realize people, that this likely means literally "ONE" drink (prolly in the form of a solitary drink ticket) and after that youre on your own. simple craiger fact: one drink isnt gonna cut it for me, so tack on a large bar tab in addition to my overpriced new kit. plus cab fare and bail money.
    p.s. if i find out it was an open bar, i'm gonna be pissed. lol.

and finally, they also almost had me at "food". not at the "mingling with players", but food. although i would like to see the menu first. if i find out there was unlimited complimentary chip butties, then i'm gonna be pissed again.

neways, j/k about the food and drink. the bottomline is that the design is lame, the kit's overpriced, and they want me to buy the thing sight unseen. aint happenin from this cowboy.

and by the way, pat and nobodyloveseric made some really good points in this thread. to me, its a cash grab and its obvious MLSE is just capitalizing on a bunch of nerds willing to be the first to own the new kit and be in some sort of "exclusive" club. totally lame-o.

craiger

***** craiger - I edited out the email. People who might not have gotten the email do read these forums. Everyone knows the general info, but as far as the date - location - time of the party, let's try not to make it that obvious. thanks. oh, and did it take you 2 hours to write that?
    Last edited by the-lower-eastsider; 11-19-2008 at 02:46 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree they should donate personally, but having events to raise money for charity is a good thing in my books. I don't care how it looks on TFC. If it means that some kids in a wartorn country is going to have the opportunity to participate in a footy camp then I am all for it.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the-lower-eastsider View Post
    from my email:

hey, heres an idea: how bout a combat (cammoflague -sp) kit. can i get a hell yeah? lol. you know, to match my g-unit pants.

Check it out - FC St. Pauli!!! This kit rules.

I_AM_CANADIAN

Some of the players donate personally. I don't think MLSE paid to have the 'Big Bruva' t-shirts and wristbands made up, and Danny D has given his own money to Sick Kids.

Also, it makes me sick how much any Leaf event involving the players costs. To go to the annual skate at Maple Leaf Gardens, it was maybe five bucks. These days at the ACC you're expected to donate around $150.

Also, I like the kit. I don't want some flashy Nike shit, you've got red, you've got white, you've got a TFC badge. What else do you want? I'm not a massive fan of the leaf on the front, but I prefer it to our current shirts to be honest. And I like football shirts with collars.
    Last edited by I_AM_CANADIAN; 11-19-2008 at 02:42 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

St. Pauli,
    Bundesliga 2.

has a camo jersey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nobodyloveseric

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^well done.
    Scouse wit at its best.
    And a useful contribution from alex as usual.
    Why be a cunt?
    Last edited by OneLoveOneEric; 11-19-2008 at 02:48 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone else rememeber the old days when a thread would shut at 17 pages?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    Check it out - FC St. Pauli!!! This kit rules.

yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! *does happy dance*