Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TFC Salaries

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last years salaries were there too. Braz made way too much!!

http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/8_31..._info_club.pdf

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see my factory job pays more than 50% of this team. No wonder everyone runs at first chance.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlsintoronto View Post
    no. La paid most of it. He's actually a DP
    I just puked a little in my mouth....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlsintoronto View Post
    no. La paid most of it. He's actually a DP
    so we have already had our first dp then ,did the board have to approve it ? LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cambridge_Red View Post
    Good to see my factory job pays more than 50% of this team. No wonder everyone runs at first chance.

I think full EI pays more than a developmental contract.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None of these numbers should be new to you guys. MLS has always given players a relative pittance and according to one of Garber's latest interviews, that won't change until after the 2009 schedule. And let's also remember that the purse for SuperLiga that would usually be split almost exclusively amongst players, is first divided up between the league and club. Only with the MLS clubs is that happening. As far as I've read, all the Mexican teams award that money to the players and staff only.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carlos Ruiz is not technically a DP...though is salary is above the league maximum, TFC didn't have to use their DP slot to acquire him. His salary was grandfathered by the league, along with Landon Donovan's.

Ruiz actually makes just more than $400,000 if I recall, but because his contracts were signed before the DP rule went into effect, it meant Dallas (whom he was with until January of this year) didn't have to use their DP slot on him...and because the grandfather clause was extended through 2008 (mostly to accomodate Landon Donovan's $900,000 salary), it meant LA didn't have to acquire another DP slot to land Ruiz in a trade last January.

Ditto TFC when we traded for him in August.

It remains to be seen whether or not the grandfather clause will be extended through '09...though I imagine a lot of it depends on whether or not Donovan is in the league come January. His contract isn't up 'til 2012, but I'm sure the league will be aware of his (and Bayern's) intentions before the transfer window opens...just one of the benefits of the single entity system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I would rather see an increase in the Cap then a DP, I feel bad for most how play on TFC, their salaries are not worth it. I would bolt to Norway if I had half a chance.
    This is why players like O`Bryan, Tosaint and many many others want to explore their options in europe before they say they are coming to the MLS coz it has a long way to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I said a long time ago that the league should adopt a revenue sharing system (so markets like Toronto can help pay for markets like KC) and they should do away with the DP and all the other funny accounting stuff (allocation money) and just go with a fixed cap of $10 million. A lot of people will think that $10 million is too high, but with expansion teams arriving and more on their way we need to attract some more quality to the league. There aren't enough players willing to play at a low-end wage to fill the rosters league wide. This can't be a league made up of NCAA players...with all due respect to them, they aren't good enough for me to want to spend my money on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocktml View Post
    Marvell Wynne at 47, 500 damn, that man needs a raise!

I'm woundering if the players pay for there own flight and hotel, or if the team does that. cause I know in the polish league the players pay for it all.
    These are cap numbers not salary numbers. Wynne is a GA player who makes around $180k a year, but because of his GA status only 47k gets counted.

I realize some of these salaries aren't that high, but to get paid $70k for four or five months work is still a pretty sweet deal. Hell, Harmse could wait tables part time and teach at a soccer camp during the winter and probably clear $100k a year. Not too bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Narcotic View Post
    These are cap numbers not salary numbers. Wynne is a GA player who makes around $180k a year, but because of his GA status only 47k gets counted.

I realize some of these salaries aren't that high, but to get paid $70k for four or five months work is still a pretty sweet deal. Hell, Harmse could wait tables part time and teach at a soccer camp during the winter and probably clear $100k a year. Not too bad.
    The bottom end ones are offensively low, though, given that several of these players (attakora, gala) have already shown they have a future with the club

Ibee's sure raking it in for his age.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assume, based on that, though, Ruiz won't be back next year. Can't see TFC wanting to get stuck with his contract when it becomes un-grandfathered.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YAY! GIITIN PAID! (shite)

NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    No shit, average players in the MLS are making the same in an entire year, as some players around the world make in a week...

at these prices..

if time to form FC OF TORONTO

Now where can we get a 40million loan!

Stadium is in place..Lamport!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    YAY! GIITIN PAID! (shite)

Um... scuze me but technorgasm was trying to run the table....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no wonder wynne is guranteed to leave

freakn sakes.....raise the damn salary cap.

I know churches that have bigger payrolls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

/\ you saw that Wynne is walking away with $150000 right?