Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default More Inside information from Pub Night

Alright, so this time around i'll keep the names nameless...in this case i think i should try to protect identities...

I was also informed last night of BIG BIG rumblings concerning TFC TV.

As we all might of figured so already... MLSE has a big hard on for GOLtv, which basically was reported to me last night that the deal is basically a slam dunk already in terms of being bought. And they are already working on programming.

So then i asked where are they going to go with it?? and they said that they were going to crank up the production of TFC TV and including other programming and then package that and sell it to us as a subscription service... that means truck loads of $$$$$$$ for MLSE. I personally don't mind paying a reasonable fee for such a TV channel...It is gonna be a SUPER KICK ASS TFC TV Channel, which is pretty sweet...

Another thing that was mentioned was that the new jersey will be unveiled in the first week of december, which is awesome! BUT will not be available to be purchased until MARCH!!!( Which is CRAP! I want my jersey before christmas!!!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

better keep bundesliga for fuck sake

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also better get more mls coverage in general
    i wonder what this means as far as national coverage is concerned, whether other stations will still get games or whether they are going to limit it to goltv

Huge douchebag
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya that would be great Scrap the free internet show and put it on Cable where I have to fucking pay for it .. Great Idea !!! where do I sing up to pay more

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just another channel to get free on the Dish Network

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have you seen LeafsTV or RaptorsTV? its garbage, other than a couple live games a year its nothing but waste of time filler. I have GolTV, its good the way it is now, and i hope MLSE leaves it alone. infact i'll probably cancel it if they take over and its anything like the TFC TV thats on their website now.

Huge douchebag
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kickit09 View Post
    have you seen LeafsTV or RaptorsTV? its garbage, other than a couple live games a year its nothing but waste of time filler. I have GolTV, its good the way it is now, and i hope MLSE leaves it alone. infact i'll probably cancel it if they take over and its anything like the TFC TV thats on their website now.

hahaah Ya I want to hear that Marbled mouth kid talk on my TV screen and be billed for it ..
    Maybe even through in On the Spot with the Ugly haircutted Lissel
    ..please let me pay for this honor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure they'll keep what is already getting good ratings on GolTV...and then just add to it or enhance it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damiiano View Post
    Just another channel to get free on the Dish Network

Yup good point!! I'll just score it for free also!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if its a mix of current programming + TFC games and MLS games its a great idea, if they rid of everything else and ONLY put TFC games, its a massive mistake.
    I think they will try and incorporate the two as it will make TFC/MLS more legitimate in some soccer snobs eyes when its shown along side La liga, Bundesliga and south american games.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get Gol on my my FTA satiliette anyways.

But I wouldn't pay for this channel normally.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think they will keep it relatively the same as they dont want to risk alienating old viewers

olegunnar

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    if its a mix of current programming + TFC games and MLS games its a great idea, if they rid of everything else and ONLY put TFC games, its a massive mistake.
    I think they will try and incorporate the two as it will make TFC/MLS more legitimate in some soccer snobs eyes when its shown along side La liga, Bundesliga and south american games.
    I agree. If it's a place that shows games from all around the world, but gives TFC priority (ie TFC live followed by a post game followed by a taped Serie A game) then I think it's a great idea.

On your 2nd point GolTV already does that....for example they have awesome La Liga games followed by crappy Colombian league games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olegunnar View Post
    I agree. If it's a place that shows games from all around the world, but gives TFC priority (ie TFC live followed by a post game followed by a taped Serie A game) then I think it's a great idea.

On your 2nd point GolTV already does that....for example they have awesome La Liga games followed by crappy Colombian league games.
    totally
    and its all great to watch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GolTV news is one of the worst news shows of any kind out there in terms of professionalism. the highschool students (??) doing voiceovers misname players, forget which highlights are coming up, fail to match their script to the action and on and on... pathetic.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    GolTV news is one of the worst news shows of any kind out there in terms of professionalism. the highschool students (??) doing voiceovers misname players, forget which highlights are coming up, fail to match their script to the action and on and on... pathetic.
    So the *** new *** "CV2 show" should fit right in!!! (j/k)

MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Huge douchebag
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^ yep should be smooth transition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do the players know about what MLSE's is looking to purchase? What business is it of their anyway?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffville_RPB View Post
    How do the players know about what MLSE's is looking to purchase? What business is it of their anyway?
    I NEVER said the protected person is a player in this case!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

going subscription for TFC games would be death.

look at the Raps....they only have like 2 games on raps TV this year.

look at boxing...it's dead...

you don't cultivate new young fans buy making it expensive and exclusive.
    TFC is too new to pull this stunt.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC games will not become a subscription package. even if every single peson who goes to home games bought a subscription, that's still only 20,000 subs, and add in the waiuting list and it's only 30,000 subs - those kind of figures get tv stations shut down. besides which, you can halve the number of households who will subscorbe from that figure anyway - so 10,000 max.

the wider appeal just isn't there yet, so they need to build it up by having the games free to air.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    better keep bundesliga for fuck sake
    +1 for sure.

We support different teams (if memory serves me correct) but there is no other place to get my Bundesliga games!
    Proud Supporter of: FC Bayern München, AIK Solna, Toronto FC, Nottingham Forest FC

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCREDNWHITE View Post
    Another thing that was mentioned was that the new jersey will be unveiled in the first week of december, which is awesome! BUT will not be available to be purchased until MARCH!!!( Which is CRAP! I want my jersey before christmas!!!)
    I heard the same thing as well, but I also thought that I heard they were going to make them available to season ticket holders before the big release to the public......and no, I don't have a source.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I'm sure that the league would prefer to see MLS have exposure on CBC, Rogers Sportsnet and The Score instead of having TFC games aired on a digital specialty channel.

If MLSE does buy GOL TV and I suspect they will, I think what might end up happening is that they'll roll all the licenses together to create MLSE TV. You'll have LEAFS TV, RAPTORS TV and TFC TV all in one, similar to what happens in the US with the YES Network or MSG. The CRTC recently made a decision regarding sports channels which will allow for these digital channels to compete for national rights packages (Sportsnet, for example, used to only be able to buy regional rights for NHL but could now compete with TSN if they want for the national rights).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ACSertL View Post
    +1 for sure.

We support different teams (if memory serves me correct) but there is no other place to get my Bundesliga games!
    we do indeed but lord knows what life was like before innernets and goltv
    absolutely terrible for us fans, christ it was awful reading it in the papers or having to listen to the games in german online (cuz there was no video streaming)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was a big fan of TFC on CBC until they started shifting it to fucking BOLD for horse jumping. Now i understand that they dont always get the ratings they need but i can totally understand shifting it to a channel that would prioritize the games so they are shown live.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

prob is, as others have mentioned, theres no room for growth in new fans as access to live games will be only given to paying viewers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They better not fuck around with La Liga schedule, that's all I gotta say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

leafs tv sucks becuse the leafs suck

and this is not new news I know about the take over for about a month or less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Call me cheesy I liked TFC TV. I figure with a bigger audience they'll put a bit more into it. I must say I'm not a CV2 fan. But for the kids I think they relate to him. I've posted before about this concept for all the HNIC specialty segments they've put on over the years I still remember "Howie Meeker Hockey Schools" segments.... and that was 30+ years ago no? I would imagine kids will remember CV2 more than any game recaps.

In any case. I would love to see more MLS games. I subscribed to MLSLive.com last year. It was hit and miss, not all games were on it as you are led to believe.