Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tyrone Marshall says no grass! and yes to practice facility

Hot off the press!

I had a great chat with Tyrone last night at the pub, Tyrone is a champ!! Funny guy, party's hard, Just a funny, nice guy to be around period.

Tyrone said he hates the fieldturf ....I pressed him on the situation of getting grass at BMO and this is what he told me...

He said that he was told "recently" that BMO field will NOT be getting grass(i was devastated), but will be getting a world class practice facility with grass!!! When i asked him how come no grass at BMO field he said "the city(toronto i guess) keeps fucking it up"

So there you have it, from Tyrone himself...NO Grass, but they boys will be getting a world class practice facility with grass!!
    Last edited by TFCREDNWHITE; 11-14-2008 at 03:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much what I had expected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like the compromise that I feared.

I_AM_CANADIAN

Quote Originally Posted by TFCREDNWHITE View Post
    Hot off the press!

I had a great chat with Tyrone last night at the pub, Tyrone is a champ!! Funny guy, party's hard, picking up ladies left right and centre! Just a funny, nice guy to be around period.

Tyrone said he hates the fieldturf ....I pressed him on the situation of getting grass at BMO and this is what he told me...

He said that he was told "recently" that BMO field will NOT be getting grass(i was devastated), but will be getting a world class practice facility with grass!!! When i asked him how come no grass at BMO field he said "the city(toronto i guess) keeps fucking it up"

So there you have it, from Tyrone himself...NO Grass, but they boys will be getting a world class practice facility with grass!!
    I rather like Tyrone, he seems like a cool guy. And hey, a grass practice facility is already a massive step forward. I really hope he's right. Maybe within ten years we'll have grass at BMO as well.

Did he tell you if it was happening this year?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    Pretty much what I had expected.
    Exactly. No surprise here.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm all for grass, but what good is practicing on grass 4 or 5 days then going and playing on much faster turf? Do they really think a practice facility is would've changed Huckerby's mind? I don't see how practicing on grass would change the minds of any potential signings when they still play on turf.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hot off the press!

I had a great chat with Tyrone last night at the pub, Tyrone is a champ!! Funny guy, party's hard, picking up ladies left right and centre! Just a funny, nice guy to be around period.

That's really stupid. Granted the grass practice pitch will A) help reduce whatever injury risk there is to players on the turf and B) will help us adjust to playing on grass at other venues, but it also means that playing on the turf for home matches will become as alien to our players as it is to visiting teams, and we'll suffer for that.

If this is a stepping stone to getting a separate turf pitch for community use elsewhere and grass laid down at BMO Field (because let's face it, it;' hard to do all that in one go) then it's great news. If it designed to be a permanent solution, then it's a half-arsed cock up.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys... let's try to keep detailed information about the players private... don't want X player to get in shit by the club... or his wife/girlfriend in this case lol

P.S. What pub was this?
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffville_RPB View Post
    I'm all for grass, but what good is practicing on grass 4 or 5 days then going and playing on much faster turf? Do they really think a practice facility is would've changed Huckerby's mind? I don't see how practicing on grass would change the minds of any potential signings when they still play on turf.
    really?! REALLY? You don't see how practicing 4-5 days a week on grass would change a signing's mind over practicing 4-5 days a week on turf AND playing games on it as well? I'm sure it will take a few weeks to get used to the transition, but I think this is a huge step.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Guys... let's try to keep detailed information about the players private... don't want X player to get in shit by the club... or his wife/girlfriend in this case lol

P.S. What pub was this?
    QFT

I assume it was the pub crawl in mississauga last night - jack astor's - since tyrone was supposed to be there...
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    That's really stupid. Granted the grass practice pitch will A) help reduce whatever injury risk there is to players on the turf and B) will help us adjust to playing on grass at other venues, but it also means that playing on the turf for home matches will become as alien to our players as it is to visiting teams, and we'll suffer for that.

If this is a stepping stone to getting a separate turf pitch for community use elsewhere and grass laid down at BMO Field (because let's face it, it;' hard to do all that in one go) then it's great news. If it designed to be a permanent solution, then it's a half-arsed cock up.
    Tyrone thinks its a great step in the right direction, Last night he was telling me that, when the grass practice facility comes online it will help immensely because it will take away at least 50-60% of the wear and tear on your knees.. Now i personally think that the wear and tear on your knees is still up for discussion, but at least he thinks it will help a lot, i guess that's all that matters...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He also gave L-Wag permission to rush the field, and pants one of the opposing players when they were taking a corner.

Mrs. Workie tells no lies!!!
    Last edited by Mrs. Workie; 11-14-2008 at 12:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P.S. What pub was this?

True..good point, sorry about that...MODS please feel free to adjust thread accordingly....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P.S. What pub was this?

Jack Astors -- Mississauga --- 403/dundas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc View Post
    really?! REALLY? You don't see how practicing 4-5 days a week on grass would change a signing's mind over practicing 4-5 days a week on turf AND playing games on it as well? I'm sure it will take a few weeks to get used to the transition, but I think this is a huge step.
    I think the player who are anti-turf will always be anti-turf. If they don't want to play on it and they have other options I don't see how this changes it. I would hope that it does but I just don't think it will.

Like someone suggested previously, if this is a step to set up the trainning facility and then next year lay grass at BMO, and it is presented to the player like that then maybe.

In general I believe that players that don't want to play on it don't want to play on it at all.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we are left with only one option now...
    Get another location for city rentals and save BMO Turf for TFC.
    If we are stuck with FieldTurf then at least make sure it is good FieldTurf!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack Astors -- Mississauga --- 403/dundas

aaaah that makes sense... this was one of the pub crawls correct?
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the main reasons they had a good home record is because most other teams didn't practice on turf.... so getting a practice facility solves nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damiiano View Post
    One of the main reasons they had a good home record is because most other teams didn't practice on turf.... so getting a practice facility solves nothing.

Not sure i read you?? Please explain...How does it solve "nothing"??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cant say im surprised, the city isnt going to budge on this for whatever reasons for a long while, i guess its a short term solution although im sure MLSE isnt totally concerned (im not an MLSE hater/leafs fan btw, its just not that important to them in the grand scheme of things TFC)

Huge douchebag
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting grass at BMO would change many many things.. The whole feel of the place would change..
    Too bad it will not happen anytime soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure i read you?? Please explain...How does it solve "nothing"??
    We won't have the advantage of being used to fieldturf when we play anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate the fact that BMO will not be getting grass, but I'm happy that the players will not have to practice on the fieldturf anymore. It will go a long way to preventing injuries.

MUFC_Niagara

when you consider that turf was the main reason for players not coming here, a grass practise facility makes sense. they play 1 game a week and train 5-6 days a week....do the math and figure out where they spend the most time...

as far as practising on grass and playing on plastic....world class players can get away with that...we just need the grass to bring in the quality...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by invictusTFC View Post
    I hate the fact that BMO will not be getting grass, but I'm happy that the players will not have to practice on the fieldturf anymore. It will go a long way to preventing injuries.
    It might actually cause the opposite effect. Practicing on one surface and playing on another can lead to strains, muscle injuries and joint damage, especially to older players whose bodies aren't as flexible as they used to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

what a disapointment. remember when edu was sold there was all that talk about grass from the transfer fee. what a joke that turned out to be, just like everything else with MLSE. Toronto FC will NEVER be world class as long as they play at a city owned community field. and BMO field will NEVER be world class as long as its rented out like a whore. infact, more like BUSH LEAGUE! just think about that. our "professional" soccer team cant sign the players they want or make changes to the stadium because they play at a city owned community field. and this is a team owned by a corporation worth almost 2 BILLION dollars. how sad is that. MLSE is the joke of the sports world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kickit09 View Post
    what a disapointment. remember when edu was sold there was all that talk about grass from the transfer fee. what a joke that turned out to be, just like everything else with MLSE. Toronto FC will NEVER be world class as long as they play at a city owned community field. and BMO field will NEVER be world class as long as its rented out like a whore. infact, more like BUSH LEAGUE! just think about that. our "professional" soccer team cant sign the players they want or make changes to the stadium because they play at a city owned community field. and this is a team owned by a corporation worth almost 2 BILLION dollars. how sad is that. MLSE is the joke of the sports world.

Keep in mind that many european powerhouses are in severe DEBT!! We are talking like 500 million dollars in DEBT!! would you rather have that??

I_AM_CANADIAN

UEFA are talking about banning the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea until they can resolve their massive debts or at least reduce them to a reasonable level. Better to know you'll always be financially secure than to gamble hundreds of millions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we wouldnt have the team if it wasnt for the city, its not a priority for the city to switch to grass and its something we will have to deal with for a while.
    im happier with the turf than if we were sharing it with the argos up north.
    get over your hatred for mlse, its not all their fault, the city has a big say in this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a step in the right direction. I'm sure it will help convince people to come. Especially if it is as "world class" as he says, which I actually don't doubt considering MLSE do the off the field sports team thing well. I mean, anyone who plays in this league has to play on turf sometimes, to it's really the practice on turf that is the main issue.

Of course, I know that will reduce some of our home field advantage at BMO, but I'm sure Carver and Paul will come up with a plan to get the players on BMO at least once a week doing targetted drills to ensure they are familiar with the speed of passing/etc without risking their bodies too much.