Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking to the ticket rep who called me for the extra season ticket sales yesterday I asked if stadium expansion was in the pipeline and whether season ticket holders would be given priority if so. I was told it definitely was and we definitely would, although how it would work they had no idea (ie, first dibs on relcoation if you've already got the max no of season tickets, etc).

Now I know it was a ticket rep who A) may not know that much about it and B) have been known to spout shit, but I'm still encouraged that it's definitely being planned according to a source within the club, however thin the source may be.

JonO and I were discussing it and we reckon the beer garden and corporate glass fronted room will stay put because of the cost of moving the scoreboard and the loss of beer/corporate sales, plus the Carlsberg branding issues. So if it does happen, filling in the south end corners and/or a second tier on the south or east stands are the most likely options. I would hope for the corners to be filled and a second south end supporter tier to really maximise the fan noise.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else had heard from within the club if expansion is seriously on the table?

MLSINTORONTO - FEEL FREE TO FILL US IN!!!
    Last edited by Hitcho; 11-11-2008 at 01:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope it happens...as long as real fans fill the extra seats. Not the people who go and sit on their ass for 90+ minutes.

Plus if they expand I might get off that damn waiting list.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, expansion is our best chance at getting the best supporters in more concentrated groups.
    I hope it works out that way...

Huge douchebag
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffville_RPB View Post
    Hope it happens...as long as real fans fill the extra seats. Not the people who go and sit on their ass for 90+ minutes.

Plus if they expand I might get off that damn waiting list.

I do hate this mentality ,... Real fans can go and enjoy the game in a seat ..
    Its true

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a place for everyone at BMO, and I think that eventually is what expansion will achieve. There are people who want to stand all game, and others who would rather sit and watch the game itself *cough* Parkdale *cough*

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    There is a place for everyone at BMO, and I think that eventually is what expansion will achieve.
    Agreed. Once expansion has taken place the relocation process will become a more worthwhile exercise hopefully with the chance for some meaningful moving about of fans to where they'd like to be. At the moment the relocation thing is just too clogged up to be of any real use.

Anyone heard any inside info on when or how expansion might be achieved though?
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This topic comes up every couple months on this message board because someone will post saying they have 'inside information' or something along those lines.

I file this away with all of the grass field talk. I'll believe it when I see it. Until then I am not too worried about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcnorth7 View Post
    I do hate this mentality ,... Real fans can go and enjoy the game in a seat ..
    Its true
    I'm bitter because when I go to games I don't end up sitting in the south end (I haven't been able to get tickets there). When I do the chants the people around me at the games give me looks, like "what are you doing that for?", instead of joining in cuz they prefer a Blue Jays atmosphere.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expansion will happen but not for a couple of years yet...thats what TFC was saying anyways..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

surrrrrrrre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I broke this story on my blog!!
    rednationonline.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i bet they'll wait to see what happens with the Pan Am games bid.. if Toronto gets it, they'll ask the gov for some $$$ to expand BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    i bet they'll wait to see what happens with the Pan Am games bid.. if Toronto gets it, they'll ask the gov for some $$$ to expand BMO.

Nice call.
    I bet you are right since MLSE have mastered the disgusting art of corporate welfare.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gimme ROOF
    Gimme GRASS
    Gimme FANS SITTING ON THEIR ASS!
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if anyone here goes by the stadium on a regular basis, but on Sunday I walked by and fenced in at the north end was about 2,500 stadium seats. No idea if that's for something else (ricoh?) but thought it was kinda weird. Sorry my last post seemed like shameless self promo but I have pics on my blog - rednationonline.blogspot.com

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    I don't know if anyone here goes by the stadium on a regular basis, but on Sunday I walked by and fenced in at the north end was about 2,500 stadium seats. No idea if that's for something else (ricoh?) but thought it was kinda weird. Sorry my last post seemed like shameless self promo but I have pics on my blog - rednationonline.blogspot.com
    Were they red?

Can't see stadium expansion going ahead without a big public annoucnement first, especially since BMO Field is half owned by the City of TO. Doubt there's anything in it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe they were replacements for damaged/broken seats in the stadium?...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. I just checked Ticketmaster to see if there are any planned events for BMO. Nothing listed at this stage.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe they have to remove some seats for the bubble?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They were grey seats which was weird and made no sense. But they were locked up in fences on the north end. If it was for ricoh why keep them there? unless it's a quick band-aid section? They looked like easy to assemble sections in groups of around 20 seats (3 rows, 6-8 long).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To soon for expansion.
    Stadium has lots of empties for many games as it is.
    Expansion too soon could herald the death of TFC enthusiasm as it is.

olegunnar

They were grey seats which was weird and made no sense. But they were locked up in fences on the north end. If it was for ricoh why keep them there? unless it's a quick band-aid section? They looked like easy to assemble sections in groups of around 20 seats (3 rows, 6-8 long).
    Royal winter fair shows.
    Super dogs and horse shows etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're seats from the Ricoh that are temporarily taken out for the Royal Winter Fair. When they renovated the Ricoh they dug down to bring fans right to the boards for hockey games. This created a temporary botton bowl around the boards of about 5 extra rows. This bottom bowl however is removed for the Royal to create extra space for the show jumping competitions. So there's your answer. No BMO expansion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never been in ricoh - so that makes perfect sense!!
    Should've bought the 5 tfc 5 marlies package! haha

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary Canuck View Post
    They're seats from the Ricoh that are temporarily taken out for the Royal Winter Fair. When they renovated the Ricoh they dug down to bring fans right to the boards for hockey games. This created a temporary botton bowl around the boards of about 5 extra rows. This bottom bowl however is removed for the Royal to create extra space for the show jumping competitions. So there's your answer. No BMO expansion.
    Yet...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary Canuck View Post
    does look like those seats ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    Talking to the ticket rep who called me for the extra season ticket sales yesterday I asked if stadium expansion was in the pipeline and whether season ticket holders would be given priority if so. I was told it definitely was and we definitely would, although how it would work they had no idea (ie, first dibs on relcoation if you've already got the max no of season tickets, etc).

Now I know it was a ticket rep who A) may not know that much about it and B) have been known to spout shit, but I'm still encouraged that it's definitely being planned according to a source within the club, however thin the source may be.

JonO and I were discussing it and we reckon the beer garden and corporate glass fronted room will stay put because of the cost of moving the scoreboard and the loss of beer/corporate sales, plus the Carlsberg branding issues. So if it does happen, filling in the south end corners and/or a second tier on the south or east stands are the most likely options. I would hope for the corners to be filled and a second south end supporter tier to really maximise the fan noise.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else had heard from within the club if expansion is seriously on the table?

MLSINTORONTO - FEEL FREE TO FILL US IN!!!
    The city people are telling me that if expansion does happen they are looking at the 2011 season.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    The city people are telling me that if expansion does happen they are looking at the 2011 season.
    And who are these "city people"? Difficult to give credence to a statement like that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You would probably see construction before the arrival of seats...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    And who are these "city people"? Difficult to give credence to a statement like that!
    I'm city people and I don't talk to him.