Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bruva View Post
    Easy Shaughno that comment has too much common sense lol

Take it easy on them mate
    yeah, thats Shaughno around here. Always spewing that BS commonsense that no one wants to hear.

what a jack @ss!!

lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes it takes a slap in the face to wake people up... sometimes it takes many more.

All up in your head, like your hairstylist!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bhoybobby View Post
    He's way overrated, didn't produce anything near his hype, not nearly consistent enough, taxi for Rohan.
    It's funny bhoybobby writes the same thing over and over and over. He even wrote the same thing before R dubs even touched the field. He lost all credibility with regard to this matter when he tried to compare Ricketts to Andy Welsh of all people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Plus when have you ever seen an offensive player dominate game after game through an entire season??

I have to spit before I say this, but Ronaldo for Man U last year is as close as it gets but even he had a number of bad games. In the MLS no player is good enough to be great in every game - not even the $50m Spice boy...
    lol i guess LA will be shipping Becks out asap coz he has no way "lived up to the hype"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicanadian View Post
    It's funny bhoybobby writes the same thing over and over and over. He even wrote the same thing before R dubs even touched the field. He lost all credibility with regard to this matter when he tried to compare Ricketts to Andy Welsh of all people.
    lol your memory is good mate, was it this guy that compared Ro with Welshy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You done know Bruv!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Plus when have you ever seen an offensive player dominate game after game through an entire season??

I have to spit before I say this, but Ronaldo for Man U last year is as close as it gets but even he had a number of bad games. In the MLS no player is good enough to be great in every game - not even the $50m Spice boy...
    Schelotto had a pretty good stab at that this season until he picked up a serious injury and lost his form towards the end. Not saying RR should be doing that, but the point is it can happen in MLS without signing up the likes of Cronaldo.

If RR is no.2 on the wages roster behind only Robbo then he definitely needs to do a LOT more to justify his salary. In far too many games last season he drifted out of sight. In fairness he didn't get a full season, didn't have a pre-season with the team, was in the middle of some serious roster changes through the season (including the international decimated games) and had his position switched up a couple of times. So I'd say based on the glimpses we got of his best form he's worth another season for sure, this time with a more settled roster and a full pre-season and season to get into his stride more. But if we get another season like last year from him despite that, then jettison him quick time or give him a massive pay cut until he earns a bigger slice of the salary cap pie.

Put it this way, if Robbo does go then based on last season is RR seriously deserving of being our best paid player? NO.

EDIT - to clarify, I'd love to see Rohan stay and really shine bright for TFC next season because he'd add something we really need and which no-one else on the roster can really give us, but he has to hit form to justify being kept on, at least on his current salary.
    Last edited by Hitcho; 11-11-2008 at 11:45 AM.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    If RR is no.2 on the wages roster behind only Robbo then he definitely needs to do a LOT more to justify his salary. In far too many games last season he drifted out of sight.
    I'm really curious to read from some of you what exactly you think that RR is paid to do. This way I can put your perspective in the proper context.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO RR palys with more heart that anyone else on the team (well maybe tied with Jimmy B). Wathcing him after some of our last minute losses and esp after the Impact hoisted the CC in BMO, he seemed truly gutted and upset, while most were smiling, back slapping, and trading jerseys.

To me, that's woth $$

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be a big loss if RR leaves but I doubt he will just yet.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really curious to read from some of you what exactly you think that RR is paid to do. This way I can put your perspective in the proper context.
    Well put it this way, there are some rocks in the squad who always contribute a lot to each game and never go missing, eg Brennan, Robbo, etc. These guys deserve to be up at the top of the wages list because of that. If RR wants to stay in the np.2 spot then it's fair to expect him to have the same kind of impact relative to his own position. Last season we saw that from him in glimpses (who can forget those two screamers he scored in a hurry?) but for long stretches of games throughout the season he seemed to switch off or run our of ideas if he was being taken out the game or just not seem like he was willing to bust a gut to have more of an impact. In RR's position he's more dependent on other players to give him service to keep his impact level up, and I already cited a whole list of other extenuating factors in my previous post. But that said, to be one of the best paid players at the club he needs to be one of the best performers at what he does, and he isn't, certainly not consistently.

I think he has the potential to be fullty deserving if his place and his salary, and I don't think he got a fair crack of the whip last season to be fully judged. Which is why i said next season I'm hoping to see a lot more from him.

Does that give you more context?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ sure does....thanks for that Hitcho!!!
    Just for the record I wasn't trying to single you out....
    I just want to understand the "not doing enough" sentiment.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ sure does....thanks for that Hitcho!!!
    Just for the record I wasn't trying to single you out....
    I just want to understand the "not doing enough" sentiment.
    Understood and no worries. Hopefully we'll get a side together next season that will allow players like RR to really step it up and that, together with a full pre-season and a more settled side will enable him to really be on top of his game. If so, I can see him being a key player for TFC next season.

Of course, that means he'll be man-marked and kicked around to take him out fo the game more, so the challenge for players like RR is then to work hard at finding a way around that, and as long as he's doing that I don't think anyone will have many complaints about his performances.

The TFC faithful love a good work ethic and any player who bleeds on the shirt to keep it red will always be valued by them. Add that to some nifty skills and searing pace and away we go...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like Rohan back, if not for some loyalty from the player who admitted that his career was revived here. Even for 1 more season. I think a second season would be great for him here. He knows the place and would be a catalyst for our attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RR did well for us at times but to be perfectly honest if he left I wouldn't be too gutted. The kid in Houston (Holden) I think produces just as much and probably a lot cheaper....if RR wants to return to England that is fine after all that is his home land and if he is lucky Runcorn may be looking for a midfield player.....LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah... good luck prying Holden from Houston's hands though. He's supposed to be DeRo's replacement if and when he goes.