Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Status: Rohan Ricketts

Can anyone update me as to what's going on with Rohan Ricketts?

Is he signed to us for another season, is he in contract talks for an extension here, is he looking elsewhere?

If anyone has any information, I'd love to know. Big Bruva, I'm looking at you.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love to have him back in better shape and mentally ready to play day in and day out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he didn't show up to that Richmond Hill pub crawl right? maybe it's a sign something is not going right with his contract.....

come on Big Bruva... give us the dirt. it's so boring in here these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he was asked directly by Nigel on the Soccer Show a couple of weeks ago and he was very non-committal, saying anything was possible. Wasn't there a rumor(by Big Bruva himself) of him being traded to the Shitebulls?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, there are several groups interested in him in England and the MLS, NJ being one of em

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To tell you the truth i don;t think too highly of him as a player... he;s an ok guy who tries TOO Hard to be funny.
    And although i think he is one of the better players on our team, and without him we would probably be worse... but if we trade him for a right guy or get someone else i would be ALL up for the experiment. Since i don;t think he has the type of skill that could lead us to the play offs or a championship....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Rohan is an important part of the team. I hate to say this but I can’t help but fell all these players bleating on about "other options" is really all about cash. I used to give TFC players the benefit of the doubt in this respect, but the more I think of it there probably no different than other professional athletes in this respect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ua-kozak_TFC View Post
    To tell you the truth i don;t think too highly of him as a player... he;s an ok guy who tries TOO Hard to be funny.
    And although i think he is one of the better players on our team, and without him we would probably be worse... but if we trade him for a right guy or get someone else i would be ALL up for the experiment. Since i don;t think he has the type of skill that could lead us to the play offs or a championship....
    weak!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need another season of Rollin' with Ricketts.
    It's not me its my shoes.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he is out of a contract, then a trade isn't part of the equation. The question that needs answering is whether we want him on the team next year or not, not what we can get for him which is nothing if his contract is up. He can walk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My impression is that he just came here to get his head straight and get back to enjoying the game. His career was in absolute tatters when he came here. I mean the guy went from being a regular starter with Tottenham as well as being a 2 time player of the month and an England U21 regular all the way down to being an unwanted cast-off at Championship strugglers Barnsley. After the Chicago game he was thanking Carver for saving his career. I hope I'm wrong but I think he's just here temporarily to get his head straight before going back to England to try and get his career back to what it once was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary Canuck View Post
    I hope I'm wrong but I think he's just here temporarily to get his head straight before going back to England to try and get his career back to what it once was.
    That would be okay, you can't blame a guy for wanting to be close to home, or for wanting to get as much money out of a short career (even a long career for an athlete is a short career) as he can.

Still, it would be nice if he was here for at least one full season, with a full off season to prepare.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So this past season for TFC got his career back on track? What were his seasons prior to this like? How far does he expect to go in England when he can't consistently perform at the MLS level? I think it would be in his best interests to stick around for another season. And I'd definitely like to have him back.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's way overrated, didn't produce anything near his hype, not nearly consistent enough, taxi for Rohan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bhoybobby View Post
    He's way overrated, didn't produce anything near his hype, not nearly consistent enough, taxi for Rohan.
    he's been average at most in MLS........to think he could go back to england and crack the prem....very unlikely.....he's had moments of brill...but id have to agree with you heere bobby...overrated indeed....consistenty none what so ever!

In saying that....Id like to see him back for one more year..now that he has one under his belt!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the dude and hes openly said he would like to return here.
    Might be an issue of money but i dunno if there are other MLS teams willing to offer that much more for his services, im certain there are teams in the UK tho but at what level.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also i do think we will see more consistency if he signs on for a new season, especially with a stable roster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"he's not consistant"

How can you be consistant as a player if your entire team can't be consistant through a two week period?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you're right he's not consistent, but that contradicts the "didn't produce anything," because sometimes he did, sometimes he didn't - that's what made him inconsistent.

If he constantly produces at the top end of his inconsistency they'd he'll live up to the hype and if he constantly produces at the bottom end, then call for the taxi.

Less than one season and with the revolving door of players seems a little soon to be so certain which end of his inconsistency he's going to settle at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care whether players play near their "hype". I just care if they contribute to the team. He certainly could do with more consistency, but I don't think because he didn't live up to the "hype" we should jettison him. If he wants to come back, I say we make it happen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    "he's not consistant"

How can you be consistant as a player if your entire team can't be consistant through a two week period?
    Lots of good players play for bad teams.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
    I don't care whether players play near their "hype". I just care if they contribute to the team. He certainly could do with more consistency, but I don't think because he didn't live up to the "hype" we should jettison him. If he wants to come back, I say we make it happen.
    I think TFC would want him back. The ball is probably more in Rohan's court. It most likely depends on money and we all know that we are going to have to be very careful if we are going to make the off-season moves we need to make. That cap space (even including allocations) will disappear in a hurry.

That said, I hope TFC is making him a fair offer for the future.

According to the MLS players site http://www.mlsplayers.org,
    Rohan's base salary is $200,004 with a guaranteed compensation of $212,504.

So, the question is, is that a fair salary for Rohan? If we do not count Ruiz, he was #2 on the team behind only Robbo.

Does Rohan want a raise? Is that the problem???

Obviously, only Mo and Rohan/Rohan's agent know the current circumstances. I want him to stay but his wage package is a bit large for MLS based on his overall contribution thus far. He is an important player to this team but he may have to face the fact that he isn't necessarilly a star, at least not yet.

B
    Last edited by Blizzard; 11-10-2008 at 05:19 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think TFC doesn't want to pay that salary for what he produced. Again, it comes down is Rohan ready to be a day in and day out player.

If I was him, I would take another year in MLS and be an all star. He needs to put his head down this offseason, work on his conditioning, get a little stronger and work on basics. Take this work into next season ready to do all the small things right. The highlight reel stuff will then come naturally.

That is if he was serious at being a a high level CCC player. I think he has the talent. But if he could get more in League One and he wants the money, ok. But he would be on the pine if someone is expecting him to be a leading CCC player. He disappears to much.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"he's not consistant"

I agree with Shaughno.

Up next: The Apocalypse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I agree with Shaughno.
    I agree with Roogsy.

(Not so Apocalyptical)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"he's not consistant"

Plus when have you ever seen an offensive player dominate game after game through an entire season??

I have to spit before I say this, but Ronaldo for Man U last year is as close as it gets but even he had a number of bad games. In the MLS no player is good enough to be great in every game - not even the $50m Spice boy...
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    he didn't show up to that Richmond Hill pub crawl right? maybe it's a sign something is not going right with his contract.....

come on Big Bruva... give us the dirt. it's so boring in here these days.
    He wasn't in the country mate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree lolololol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    I think Rohan is an important part of the team. I hate to say this but I can’t help but fell all these players bleating on about "other options" is really all about cash. I used to give TFC players the benefit of the doubt in this respect, but the more I think of it there probably no different than other professional athletes in this respect.
    majority of footballers will always go for the combination of the most money they can get as well as the right fit no matter what they say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"he's not consistant"

Easy Shaughno that comment has too much common sense lol

Take it easy on them mate