Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bars92 View Post
    We need 4-4-2 standard English formation. We can't expect Dichio to pull that off every game.
    Why change systems, we're unbeaten in 6.

If it ain't broke leave it the fuck alone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bhoybobby View Post
    Cunny should be in another city, he brings nothing to this team, NOTHING.

Carver knows this, hence his bum on the bench.
    Yes, and Edu should be in another city, too. We should trade him while he still has value. Every game he 'plays' his value goes down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneLoveOneEric View Post
    But it insults are all you want to add, that's cool too.
    that's the thing though eric, dichio nut huggers can only result to insults when you criticise the guy cause there are no facts to back up what they think. the cold hard facts show that the guy is mediocore. yeah he scored a great goal last night, no denying that, but over the course of this season the guy is useless. as the facts show.

and no dichio does not usually take his goal scoring chances, he usually misses them. and last night i noticed he gave the ball away just as much as he won the ball so it all evened out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milton_Arab View Post
    that's the thing though eric, dichio nut huggers can only result to insults when you criticise the guy cause there are no facts to back up what they think. the cold hard facts show that the guy is mediocore. yeah he scored a great goal last night, no denying that, but over the course of this season the guy is useless. as the facts show.

and no dichio does not usually take his goal scoring chances, he usually misses them. and last night i noticed he gave the ball away just as much as he won the ball so it all evened out.
    He was good on Queens Park Rangers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes you're right, he's totally useless....useless to score this year, useless to win balls in the air and keep posession for the mids, useless to use his strength to physically beat down defenders throughout the game, useless to give every ounce he has all game, to move as slow as he may be all over the attacking side of the field....yeah, he's useless.
    So what doesn't he have? Pace?! Big fucking deal! He has more football brains than 90% of the players in the fucking league.....THAT'S what I want on my team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurignano View Post
    I still think we need a new striker.
    What he said. ^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was good on Queens Park Rangers.
    that was over 10 years ago.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cunny should be in another city, he brings nothing to this team, NOTHING.

Carver knows this, hence his bum on the bench.

he doesn't play so how could he bring something to the team...other then 96 MLS goals!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    Yes you're right, he's totally useless....useless to score this year, useless to win balls in the air and keep posession for the mids, useless to use his strength to physically beat down defenders throughout the game, useless to give every ounce he has all game, to move as slow as he may be all over the attacking side of the field....yeah, he's useless.
    So what doesn't he have? Pace?! Big fucking deal! He has more football brains than 90% of the players in the fucking league.....THAT'S what I want on my team.

Nice one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cunny isn't playing, so by process of elimination from Carver tactics it must mean he's not training well. Smith and Velez have been noted to be fantastic in training, hence their involvement of the squad. That's how it should be, that's how it always should be. I don't give a fuck what it says on the back of your jersey, you don't impress the manager in training, you don't start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that was over 10 years ago.
    Yeah thats my point. He is definately past it, but I think the point that his football IQ is much higher than most players in this league, is spot on. I think the team just needs another striker to compliment Danny boy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

except for the fact that he doesn't win that many balls in the air, and sometimes he actually doesn't even make an attempt at winning the ball in the air even though it's two yards away from him. i was obviously being over the top by saying he is useless.

but what you are saying is, you would rather have a guy who has scored 2 goals all year, but shows heart than (for eg.):

Chicago Fire G A
    ------------ - -
    Cuauhtemoc Blanco 3 2
    John Thorrington 3 1
    Chad Barrett 2 3

Columbus Crew G A
    ------------- - -
    Robbie Rogers 5 0
    Alejandro Moreno 4 3

Chivas USA G A
    ---------- - -
    Sacha Kljestan 4 3

Colorado Rapids G A
    --------------- - -
    Omar Cummings 3 1
    Christian Gomez 2 4
    Terry Cooke 1 3

FC Dallas G A
    --------- - -
    Kenny Cooper 5 1

i don't know, last time i checked the object of the game was to score goals, not have your main attacking player drop back into midfield and try to win balls and show heart

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    Cunny isn't playing, so by process of elimination from Carver tactics it must mean he's not training well. Smith and Velez have been noted to be fantastic in training, hence their involvement of the squad. That's how it should be, that's how it always should be. I don't give a fuck what it says on the back of your jersey, you don't impress the manager in training, you don't start.
    but if he is not impressing the manager,then ship he out...we could get a good draft pick for him or another forward player....trade him to Houston for DeRO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah thats my point. He is definately past it, but I think the point that his football IQ is much higher than most players in this league, is spot on. I think the team just needs another striker to compliment Danny boy.
    i agree. the point i have been trying to make is that he is 'useless' playing the lone attacking role.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree. the point i have been trying to make is that he is 'useless' playing the lone attacking role.
    I hope the eye op goes well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope the eye op goes well
    yeah me too. i can only imagine how the world must look with your eyesite. 2 goals in 8 games is an incredible return right??

tell me as well, what's it like to live in a world with no wars, no poverty, everyone is equal?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah me too. i can only imagine how the world must look with your eyesite. 2 goals in 8 games is an incredible return right??

tell me as well, what's it like to live in a world with no wars, no poverty, everyone is equal?
    Unbeaten in 6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unbeaten in 6
    incredible response mate. no one is debating that are we??

i'm wondering, would you trade dichio for scott mcdonald??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bottom line is this for me, I think Dichio is great, he has great footy IQ, he has a great touch on the ball, he is great in the air, he finishes, he creates chances, and he does set up player. I love him as our striker. But he is lacking in pace, and this lack of pace does lessen his possible effectivenss. I cannot deny that. However, if we are going to get an upgrade for the position, we do not need a small quick striker, but rather someone with Dichio like attributes, but who is more mobile. [ I also think we need to give smith more chances at striker] As for Cunny I was a supporter, but he is not cut out for this system, and you need to understand that most of his goals came in a MLS in which he would regularly be able to run on goal almost unmarked. This is less likley to happen this days. He is the opposite of Dichio, his primary attribute is pace, and that alone will not cut it against good defending.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

---Striker-------Dichio------
    ---------Guevara-----------
    --Robert---------Ricketts---
    ---------Robinson-----------

QFT.

To really capitalize on our potent attacking mids . . . . .we need to go with a 2 striker set-up. . I was saying that at the match, and I stick by it.

WALK ON

Ps GAY-ARDO sucks dick.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh I guess you think he was quite useless yesterday then...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

except for the fact that he doesn't win that many balls in the air, and sometimes he actually doesn't even make an attempt at winning the ball in the air even though it's two yards away from him. i was obviously being over the top by saying he is useless.

but what you are saying is, you would rather have a guy who has scored 2 goals all year, but shows heart than (for eg.):

Chicago Fire G A
    ------------ - -
    Cuauhtemoc Blanco 3 2
    John Thorrington 3 1
    Chad Barrett 2 3

Columbus Crew G A
    ------------- - -
    Robbie Rogers 5 0
    Alejandro Moreno 4 3

Chivas USA G A
    ---------- - -
    Sacha Kljestan 4 3

Colorado Rapids G A
    --------------- - -
    Omar Cummings 3 1
    Christian Gomez 2 4
    Terry Cooke 1 3

FC Dallas G A
    --------- - -
    Kenny Cooper 5 1

i don't know, last time i checked the object of the game was to score goals, not have your main attacking player drop back into midfield and try to win balls and show heart
    I totally disagree with what I bolded....IMO he wins many balls out there, and that is what he does best, keeps posession from long balls. Anyways, the stats you posted are good and all but I believe Dichio is not the offensive leader of our team so his points won't show that, Guevara is, Dichio is our centre forward (how many times do I have to say that?)...he is not on the field just to score goals like a pure striker. IMO he does so many other things to make his team successful AND scores on top of that!

I think all we are going to do here is agree to disagree, I won't see things your way and you won't mine, but at least you admitted labeling him "useless" was over the top, and I've also said all along our next move should be a DP striker, but DD is what we have now, and he has earned his striped with TFC, no question its undisputable IMO. What upsets me in all this talk is people who say Cunningham should be starting.....that's just crazy talk.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unbeaten in 6
    unbeaten in 6? meh

how about unbeaten in 7 at home?

Our last defeat at BMO came on this day 8 months ago on Sep 22, 2007 against Columbus, the same day the goal drought ended

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    The bottom line is this for me, I think Dichio is great, he has great footy IQ, he has a great touch on the ball, he is great in the air, he finishes, he creates chances, and he does set up player. I love him as our striker. But he is lacking in pace, and this lack of pace does lessen his possible effectivenss. I cannot deny that. However, if we are going to get an upgrade for the position, we do not need a small quick striker, but rather someone with Dichio like attributes, but who is more mobile. [ I also think we need to give smith more chances at striker] As for Cunny I was a supporter, but he is not cut out for this system, and you need to understand that most of his goals came in a MLS in which he would regularly be able to run on goal almost unmarked. This is less likley to happen this days. He is the opposite of Dichio, his primary attribute is pace, and that alone will not cut it against good defending.
    I hear that a lot around here, but realistically, don't you think that's too much to ask for......your description is basically "the total package"...I think we have more than enough pace in the midfield now (Guevara and Ricketts....Robert while skilled is a lazy boy, but that's another topic) to make up for lack thereof at forward...like I said before the mid who joins the rush will negate our lack of pace from Dichio, and complement him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago Fire G A
    ------------ - -
    Cuauhtemoc Blanco 3 2
    John Thorrington 3 1
    Chad Barrett 2 3

Columbus Crew G A
    ------------- - -
    Robbie Rogers 5 0
    Alejandro Moreno 4 3

Chivas USA G A
    ---------- - -
    Sacha Kljestan 4 3

Colorado Rapids G A
    --------------- - -
    Omar Cummings 3 1
    Christian Gomez 2 4
    Terry Cooke 1 3

FC Dallas G A
    --------- - -
    Kenny Cooper 5 1

How come you left out the top scorer in the league? Oh right, he's a dick.

See, there's more to it than goals. Danny Dichio is the perfect player for a team as young as TFC - he's a character player, a leader. Yes, I'd rather have DD than any selfish diva - of which there are plenty to chose from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What upsets me in all this talk is people who say Cunningham should be starting.....that's just crazy talk.
    i agree. cunningham is not very good. but i would be interested to see how him and dichio played together as i think they would compliment each other.

while we are grinding out an unbeaten streak it is hard to be too critical but there are some things to keep in mind. the football we are playing is not easy on the eye (unless you have bhoybobby's eyesight), we don't score enough goals, and some of the draws could have been turned into victories had we a couple players who were more adept at finding the back of the net, and that is where i find fault with dichio. and the whole striker/centre forward argument is pedantic. he is leading our attack, therefore he should be scoring.

the other thing is we are playing at home where we obviously have a huge advantage, yet at home we can only squeak out narrow victories or draws. it will be interesting to see how the team does when they have a solid road trip.

oh and one thing i will say about me is that i don't always mean things to sound as harsh as they are. so although i say dichio is useless i don't mean maple leafs trying to win the stanley cup useless i mean he's ok for now, but for the team to really impress and start punishing teams we need better.
    Last edited by Milton_Arab; 05-22-2008 at 10:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeachRed View Post
    How come you left out the top scorer in the league? Oh right, he's a dick.
    purely on principle and i didn't want to start a riot...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeachRed View Post

See, there's more to it than goals. Danny Dichio is the perfect player for a team as young as TFC - he's a character player, a leader. .
    i won't argue with you there. in simple terms this is my issue:

dichio is our main attacker yet he has scored 2 in 8. fine he does all these other things (and even then he doesn't do them as well as some people on here seem to think) but if he is doing all these other things then who is going to be scoring the goals?? the team is only scoring slightly over a goal a game. if we want to win the cup or be a top team over the course of a season that needs to be increased ASAP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice one

Thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh and one thing i will say about me is that i don't always mean things to sound as harsh as they are. so although i say dichio is useless i don't mean maple leafs trying to win the stanley cup useless i mean he's ok for now, but for the team to really impress and start punishing teams we need better.

Point taken.

Now, I don't want to use this an excuse, but the truth is, this is still an expansion team. I don't know much about soccer, but all successful expansion teams in hockey have built from the defense out. The ones that tried to go with scoring too soon always faded by the end of the season or if they squeaked into the playoffs got blown out when the real grinding started.

This team is building and establishing its character. So far, I really like what I see. It's got a way to go, but its really on the right track. One thing that proves this team is building with character is the fact it can bring in guys like Guevara and Robert with their reputations and get them on board. I'm sure having someone like Danny Dichio helps with that a lot, as does having John Carver and, say what you will about him, players respect Mo.

Yes, when this team goes on the road this year it's going to lose some games, but its building a great foundation.