Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Clearly Dichio...

...still has what it takes! So where are all the critics now?

** Husstles for a ball and roughs his way in for a goal

** Saves the team from a goal

and

** Sets up Guevara nicely on one occasion (unfortunately it was called offside)
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usual superlative stuff from DD, only difference was he scored. He is our frontline

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One word for Dichio tonight...BOSS!
    Yes, Flush...his critics are very silent tonight...what a goal, he's all heart!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think we need a new striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bhoybobby View Post
    Usual superlative stuff from DD, only difference was he scored. He is our frontline
    He was fantastic tonight. Top notch!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    He was fantastic tonight. Top notch!
    I agree... and gave it to Peralta BIG TIME... I was ready to go down fighting the TV if they got into a brawl!

Dichio is as tough as they come + he can score!
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DD is a legend in TFC. now we have to wrap him up and put him in the trophy room.
    It's time for a like of Ameobi or better in front.
    Carver himself said that he solidified the midfield and defence now it's the striker situation to be addressed.
    I love Dichio and I will love him forever as one of the pioneers of TFC success but I guess it's time to move on and find somebody to connect with all the opportunities that the nidfield build every game.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dichio was fantastic tonight, he really was.

However we do need a new striker, he does not fit in our formation in my opinion. We would be much more dangerous if our lone striker had pace and skill on the ball, plus a finishers touch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dichio Was A Monster Tonight!
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if we get another striker, we’re still going to need Dichio. If things break right for TFC, the team could be playing 40+ games this season. We need depth.
    Did Dichio put in a great performance tonight? Yes. Did the team look like it was capable of scoring a second goal? No. There’s still room for improvement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurignano View Post
    I still think we need a new striker.
    We need a new striker - not to replace Dichio but to play with him.

Quote Originally Posted by kdzb View Post
    DD is a legend in TFC. now we have to wrap him up and put him in the trophy room...I guess it's time to move on and find somebody to connect with all the opportunities that the nidfield build every game.
    Did you watch tonights game? DD created as many opportunities as our midfield did!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 125_TFC View Post
    Dichio was fantastic tonight, he really was.

However we do need a new striker, he does not fit in our formation in my opinion. We would be much more dangerous if our lone striker had pace and skill on the ball, plus a finishers touch.
    That's it?

Come on, DD has been doing it all season, his effort has been unquestionable this year. I think he is actually perfect for our system, as we absolutely need a tall, rangy striker who will win those air balls, and make a smart first touch back to the attacking mids. Dichio has the height and skills to do that. He's made beautiful one touch passes all year, and then a run towards goal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has always been top notch, comes to work everyday with the same work ethic, what great hustle tonight on the goal, never gave up and squeeked it in.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dichio needs to play next to a smaller striker, and not have the duties of running onto Guevara's through balls. Guevara needs to have the ability to send his striker forward, and Dichio cannot do that. Dichio is not a finisher, he is a great target man who can control the pace of play and physically wear down defenders. However if we are going to be a contender in this league, we need to have a finisher up front; Dichio is not a finisher.

He's still an integral part to our team, I'm not downplaying that. I'm just saying that Dichio would be much more effective if he was not relied on as the goalscorer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dichio needs to play next to a smaller striker, and not have the duties of running onto Guevara's through balls. Guevara needs to have the ability to send his striker forward, and Dichio cannot do that. Dichio is not a finisher, he is a great target man who can control the pace of play and physically wear down defenders. However if we are going to be a contender in this league, we need to have a finisher up front; Dichio is not a finisher.

He's still an integral part to our team, I'm not downplaying that. I'm just saying that Dichio would be much more effective if he was not relied on as the goalscorer.
    You're right - although I don't think the other striker needs to be smaller as long as he can finish. We should be playing 4-4-2 with Dichio and a finisher up front.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea I agree, just a finished in general. I'd like to seem him play next to a striker in a sort-of 4-4-2 as well. I'd like it to shape up something like this:

---Striker-------Dichio------
    ---------Guevara-----------
    --Robert---------Ricketts---
    ---------Robinson-----------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dichio made me eat my words tonight. i'll be the first to admit it, I think Dichio would be most effective with another striker or coming in later in the games but as for tonight, he was UNREAL!!! I can't believe that goal he saved, I didn't notice it was him until I got home and watched the replays again. And as for the goal, my God what a beast!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple of times though he just gave up...I really liked Jarod Smith tonite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely one of Dichio's better performances in the past few games. He didn't look tired and he didn't look like he needed to be subbed off at all.

I dunno whats up with these DC guys though... Dichio is the last person I'd want to pick a fight with lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So then what do we do with Edu? just bench him with another striker? I doubt it that will happen. Most likely its going to be Dichio on the bench.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not bench Edu? Isn't that what you're supposed to do with players who are not performing well?

Edu does not have a role on this team, he's just there. He is supposed to act as a link between Robbo/backline and the flanks, as well as a bridge between the back and Guevara. He is doing neither well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was skeptical with Dichio as of late (the past few games) but tonight he stepped it up and was amazing. He definantly deserved MOTM in my opinion. Maybe he has been lurking the boards. I hope so anways and hes using it as inspiration. Hope he plays like he did tonight again in DC on the weekend!
    Last edited by Raging Reggie; 05-22-2008 at 12:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DD had a good game tonight (1st this year from 8 games) - don't get me wrong.

We're going nowhere with him starting though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurignano View Post
    So then what do we do with Edu? just bench him with another striker?
    Yes. Can you honestly say that Edu has earned his spot as a starter this year? If Dichio had someone up front to play with and off of, he becomes even better than he already is. Playing 4-5-1 with a different striker than Dichio might make us marginally better. Playing 4-4-2 with Dichio and a finisher makes us a lot better.

Edu can sub-in when we've we want to hold a lead, or when one of the other mids isn't playing well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    DD had a good game tonight (1st this year from 8 games) - don't get me wrong.

We're going nowhere with him starting though
    Nowhere but unbeaten in 6? I hope we keep going nowhere with him!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love this pic, he shows such great emotion, he is such a warrior, never gives up and fights to the finish.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Classic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that photo/celebration is epic.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't seen a shred of footage from tonight's game, so I'll hold my tongue until then. I stand by my lastest observations, however. No matter what his performance tonight, he was still looking a little slow on the pitch compared to the MF and I know I would have liked to have seen him subed out earlier than we was for most games.

But with all that said, I still love the guy; and by the looks of things he'll be with Toronto for quite a while.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 05-22-2008 at 03:43 AM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea I agree, just a finished in general. I'd like to seem him play next to a striker in a sort-of 4-4-2 as well. I'd like it to shape up something like this:

---Striker-------Dichio------
    ---------Guevara-----------
    --Robert---------Ricketts---
    ---------Robinson-----------
    I agree 100%