Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Supporters Performance - s DC united

B-

112/113 was alot better tonight. Together, in unison, very well organized. It was definatly night and day compaed to last game.

110 was joining in on south end chants, which means we could actually understand what you were singing and was able to join in accordingly.

It was a drunken good time in 110 as well. lots of people chanting and screaming. Getting in on the action.

congrats all around..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was ok from what I could see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched the QuickKicks highlights package on MLSNET.com and you can clearly hear some of the chants during the highlights.
    BEST MASSIVE EVER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thoughts from the tube:

** Dichio24 was not existant... I didn't hear it whatsoever... it got to the 27th minute and then I said "Oh shit... what happened to the Dichio Chant"

** It seemed like the tele mic was picking up the drum from 127 but some chants from the South End... it was a crazy mix of chants... I mean it sounded like the drums were beating to a chant that I've never heard before.

** The Chants that came off clear were: The Massive (first half only), Ole Ole, The Ultra chant (due to the mic), and a couple of "Oh when the reds" and "this is our house", and a Marvel Wynne chant from 127 Nothing strong though...

Also the few times that the TV showed 112 in the background... The 3 front rows were ALWAYS jumping! Nicely done.

P.S. Loved the Sutton Banner and the NO WAY banner!
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ True, good points.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in 110 and thought the atmosphere was fuckin brilliant! Miles better than saturday.

It should rain every game. Nobody would ever sit down.

The organized songs may not have come together so well, but I dont think it detracted from the atmosphere at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I felt tonight's match was better from an 'intelligent' fan point of view. At least in 115 where I was.

We weren't belting out chants/songs "just 'cause". We were picking up moments and songs because of play on the field.

Other songs were joined in after listening to what was going on. Sometimes there were misfires, but mostly it was in unison.

One thing that stands out for me was the post game celebration on the EAST SIDE GO train. Usually a quiet side, the East Side Train really felt pumped up this time. All the way back to Ajax station we were singing and chanting in the car. When the GO Train security guys passed through our car, they saw we weren't getting in people's faces maliciously and lets us continue without saying anything (when someone started a chant about not having a ticket, the security guy even smiled and covered his ears with a winking gesture, so big cheers to that guy).

After tonight's game I think the thing that's gonna help the unity MOST is educating people on WHEN to start a chant/song and WHAT type of chant/song to start at that time. FluSH's posts about that are REQUIRED READING.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot better I think.
    The national anthem sounded good since it was in unison. (Too bad people weren't in the stadium)
    The cross pitch massive. Awesome! Room for improvement but it' was good for a 1st time.

Loved the "You're not Gretzky" chant about #99 on DCU.
    Start of 2nd half was a but quiet, but things start to pick up again at around the 60-65th min.

Oh I was in 111 today. That's 2 TFC games this season for me! Double of last year!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was pretty good tonight, I snuck into the south and yet again and had a blast. At points, there was no unison. However for the most part, it was real good. And as someone stated, it was smart chanting, not random chanting.

Also, after the game, when I got up on the garbage can and everyone was chanting... That was awesome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
    The cross pitch massive. Awesome! Room for improvement but it' was good for a 1st time.
    Shit! I almost forgot about this! TOTALLY awesome. If that's not unity, I don't know what is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 is getting much better also, we have got a few going there now. The bastard/wanker referee chants are golden.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BigLou View Post
    I watched the QuickKicks highlights package on MLSNET.com and you can clearly hear some of the chants during the highlights.
    BEST MASSIVE EVER
    can i have the link to this QuickKicks highlights?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing to mention...

If TFC is obviously offside, or we get called on a foul that is obvious...chanting at the referee is kinda...stupid.

This is where the football education stuff comes in. If every call the ref makes against us is default bad, we're not helping the team. We need to call attention to CRAP calls, not appropriate ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great chants tonight for sure! Getting better, but we still have a ways to go.
    The GO train east tonight was rather quiet, but I must have been on the wrong car. Mostly people sleeping off the beers. Which was the singing and chanting car?
    Last edited by ThunderBaby; 05-21-2008 at 11:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderBaby View Post
    Great chants tonight for sure! Getting better, but we still need have a ways to go.
    The GO train east tonight was rather quiet, but I must have been on the wrong car. Mostly people sleeping off the beers. Which was the singing and chanting car?
    The wheelchair car. Before the train arrived, we were battling it out with the west side. Then, we kept going on the car.

Speaking of which, great match between west and east sides of the train station tonight. I've seen enough west side ass to last me untold lifetimes now. Funny as fuck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does that always happen? I can't stand that West side vs East Side Go Transit shit... maybe I'm just too drunk and have no tolerance when it happens but I almost went over to the Westside one late night after the previous game to duke it out with 5 guys...
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    My thoughts from the tube:

** Dichio24 was not existant... I didn't hear it whatsoever... it got to the 27th minute and then I said "Oh shit... what happened to the Dichio Chant"

** It seemed like the tele mic was picking up the drum from 127 but some chants from the South End... it was a crazy mix of chants... I mean it sounded like the drums were beating to a chant that I've never heard before.

** The Chants that came off clear were: The Massive (first half only), Ole Ole, The Ultra chant (due to the mic), and a couple of "Oh when the reds" and "this is our house", and a Marvel Wynne chant from 127 Nothing strong though...

Also the few times that the TV showed 112 in the background... The 3 front rows were ALWAYS jumping! Nicely done.

P.S. Loved the Sutton Banner and the NO WAY banner!
    You forgot the Amado Guevara song. That one stuck out clear to me on TV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does that always happen? I can't stand that West side vs East Side Go Transit shit... maybe I'm just too drunk and have no tolerance when it happens but I almost went over to the Westside one late night after the previous game to duke it out with 5 guys...
    Haha, are you talking about those guys by the wheelchair on ramp entrance area, one of them was wearing a Stoke shirt? I was near them, it was pretty funny. It happens every game which makes it funnier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It actually didn't seem like 'that'. It felt more like when friends tease each other than fighting words. Everyone was laughing and clapping at good retorts and such. It seems worse when the east side doesn't respond.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by footyfan View Post
    You forgot the Amado Guevara song. That one stuck out clear to me on TV.
    Which song was this? The ' 'e was a rev-olution-ary, now 'e plays for TFC' one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, I was over by the wheelchair car before the train arrived and was enjoying the chants across the platform. I'm surprised you were able to keep it up though, last time the guy that does the announcements got all pissy that he couldn't be heard over the singing to make station announcements. It was good though, hearing the singing in the background over the PA.

One of the things I noticed tonight during the game, along with the chanting was that we were able to get the stomping and clapping at least for the most part together. Really added to the chants.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_Longsleeve View Post
    It actually didn't seem like 'that'. It felt more like when friends tease each other than fighting words. Everyone was laughing and clapping at good retorts and such. It seems worse when the east side doesn't respond.
    Yeah I know... I guess I have a short fuse when drunk! =P
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^
    Especially around the drum coming home!

And FluSH man, I was lookin' for you tonight. I had to take over the after game capo duties...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I felt that this was the best game so far for 115....everyone seemed really into it for the whole game.....maybe the weather kept away all the bandwagon jumpers....I was impressed!
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    I felt that this was the best game so far for 115....everyone seemed really into it for the whole game.....maybe the weather kept away all the bandwagon jumpers....I was impressed!
    Maybe that was it. There were quite a few empty seats tonight, those people that can't handle a little cold and rain, made it easier for the true supporters and fans to shine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True support tonight. Top class. Massive was fuckin sick I gotta say lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noochie View Post
    121 is getting much better also, we have got a few going there now. The bastard/wanker referee chants are golden.

Yeah that was good, I was in 120..row 1 seat 8...It was good times and nobody sat!!! everyone was standing! it should rain more often!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Dichio 24 kind of got lost amid the evnts on the pitch, but that was OK because right after the goal, the stadium did the best 'Dichio' yet IMO.

We only did Oh Toronto once, and as a result we didnt sound bored singing it, it was maybe our best 'oh toronto' yet too.

Connie helped coordinate the 'We Love you' chant in 112 (we really need to figure out when we start again after the unnecessary song killing 'oooooooooooh' bit) and it was better.

(This song was better when we first sang it, and instead of the 'unnecessary song killing 'oooooooooooh' bit' we burst into 'and thats the way uh-huh Uh-huh I like it.)

All in all, I felt the crowd had something to prove tonight, and we proved it.

Good job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    Yeah, 115 was rocking tonight!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)