Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jarod Smith

He definatly deserve to be in the starting linup instead of Ricketts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He played amazing. Making great runs, hustling, getting on the ball, he's doing it all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How bout we leave the coaching up to the coach that has us on a 6 game unbeaten streak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ParadymeTFC View Post
    How bout we leave the coaching up to the coach that has us on a 6 game unbeaten streak.
    Seconded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh you will see more of this kid!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like his speed withe the ball, Im sure he will see more time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah he's playing very well, but that doesn't mean he has to start. It's always a good idea to have guys like him on the bench who can come in to the game late and do what he's doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jarrod Smith's cousin needs to become a member on this board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's fucking awesome. I kinda like that he's a sub. I think bringing him in early in the second half is a masterstroke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well since we're not getting our striker for a bit i think we should start Smith,

but not replacing Ricketts....

Take off DD,

Slot El Lobo as our frontman,
    and just slide smith into Guevara's spot....

Bring Danny on around the 65 mark for Smith, (up front)
    Cunny on for Ricketts around the 70 mark... (behind danny)

Have the fast/furious out there for the last 25 mins or so....
    Im pretty sure their tear up the worn down defenders

Then I'd probably bring in James or Tebily in for Robert,
    and bump Jimmy B into a defensive mid-role....

Finish the game like this:
    --------Dichio
    ------------Cunny
    -------Guevara
    ----Brennan Edu Robbo
    (James/Tebily) Velez Tyronne Wynne

But we're undefeated, so we shouldnt really question it until we loose on
    Last edited by poppamidnight; 05-21-2008 at 08:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has been outstanding, but I'm not sure he should be starting over Ricketts.

Of course, giving him the start might make Ricketts step up his game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's earned some more playing time...depending on how the game was going, I might sub out Edu at the half and put Smith in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DD gave us an amazing effort with a nice finish tonight 7 minutes in. Now someone is saying start someone else. Did you watch the f**king match tonight? This would have been a draw or worse if it wasn't for DD manhandling the opposition early on.

Can't we just all get along? DD is pure class at the MLS level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corcai View Post
    DD gave us an amazing effort with a nice finish tonight 7 minutes in. Now someone is saying start someone else. Did you watch the f**king match tonight? This would have been a draw or worse if it wasn't for DD manhandling the opposition early on.

Can't we just all get along? DD is pure class at the MLS level.
    QFT!!

(I think I'm just going to follow you around tonight agreeing with your posts because you're saying everything that I want to say!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very impressed with Smith tonight. of course, the fact that DC was pushing more men forward helped him find some room but he definitely works hard and has decent pace.

I like him as a 60th minute sub for either Robert or Ricketts, whichever needs to come off first.

Right now, change nothing. let's just keep getting good results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he played 40 minutes and he showed what he can do.
    Crosses, runs with the ball, passes, hustling the defence...you name it. Oh and he almost scored a goal.
    Can you imagine if you put him for a couples matches for 90 minutes? with Robert and Guevara and Dich, I'm sure he will score a couple for us.
    Somebody mentioned above to leave it to the coach. Of course we do but I would love to see him starting over Ricketts, maybe it will give Ricketts something to fight for and that's to get his starting position back. there is no harm in being competitive.

Look at our defence, there is NO WAY for Velez and Marshall to give a chance to Tebily and JJ to take their positions. they are playing like they are starting their last game and I love that spirit of competition that Carver created in this team.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kdzb View Post
    he played 40 minutes and he showed what he can do.
    Crosses, runs with the ball, passes, hustling the defence...you name it. Oh and he almost scored a goal.
    Can you imagine if you put him for a couples matches for 90 minutes? with Robert and Guevara and Dich, I'm sure he will score a couple for us.
    Somebody mentioned above to leave it to the coach. Of course we do but I would love to see him starting over Ricketts, maybe it will give Ricketts something to fight for and that's to get his starting position back. there is no harm in being competitive.

Look at our defence, there is NO WAY for Velez and Marshall to give a chance to Tebily and JJ to take their positions. they are playing like they are starting their last game and I love that spirit of competition that Carver created in this team.
    Agree with you 100%. jarod Smith should be starting over RR in my books. he ahs done more than RR with less playing time.

I know the coach doesn't want to tinker with a winning lineup but it's been 5 games now and I don't think RR should be a starter. Give Smith more playing time and I think this team will be even better than it already is.

Don't you agree jloome?????. Where is your analysis on tonights game??????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    Agree with you 100%. jarod Smith should be starting over RR in my books. he ahs done more than RR with less playing time.

I know the coach doesn't want to tinker with a winning lineup but it's been 5 games now and I don't think RR should be a starter. Give Smith more playing time and I think this team will be even better than it already is.

Don't you agree jloome?????. Where is your analysis on tonights game??????
    We have five games in 15 days, moron. He also took off Robert early, and yet somehow I don't think we're in any danger of seeing Dunivant as an everyday winger either. Yes, Smith did well. No, they're not going to bench Ricketts in favour of him.

Anybody else here notice that for the second time today, Giambac has nothing to do but try to troll my posts? Fuck buddy, you're pathetic. Get a life. Or find an argument, or something generally supportive of the team you profess to love so much.

Six without a loss and these two still find something to bitch about.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We have five games in 15 days, moron. He also took off Robert early, and yet somehow I don't think we're in any danger of seeing Dunivant as an everyday winger either. Yes, Smith did well. No, they're not going to bench Ricketts in favour of him.

Anybody else here notice that for the second time today, Giambac has nothing to do but try to troll my posts? Fuck buddy, you're pathetic. Get a life. Or find an argument, or something generally supportive of the team you profess to love so much.

Six without a loss and these two still find something to bitch about.
    We are all happy that TFC won and got the 3 points. And yes TFC is unbeaten in 6 games and are looking good. No one is bitching, What I'm saying is that it has nothing to do with Ricketts. Smith has looked better and more impressive than Ricketts and the less time he has played. He is also making $17k a year. What is Rickkets making?

Afterthe Columbus game you attempted to makee your case for Ricketts. You provided aminute by minute breakdown of Ricketts paly. Some people agreed and some disagreed which is going to happen. I disputed your opinon and supported it with the Scores soccer analyst who called Ricketts performance the worst out of the satrting 11 against Columbus. He had a rating of 5 out of 10.

Below is the rating from yesterdays game with some comments. Again Ricketts got the lowest ratingon the team (another 5 out of 10). Smith faired better with a 7 as did all the other palyers on the team. I'm not bitching about the team. I'm happy with the results of the game but Rickkets hasn't ben performing. I know it's a new team and a new league for him but it's been 5 games now and rather than getting better by the game his performance is getting worse and Smith is getting better. I say start Smith and let Ricketts rid the pines for 1 or 2 games. Let him watch and observe from the bench and it may actually help him down the line.

You seem to think that becasue a player palyed in the English league and came over with hype and big expectations that he should automatically be the starter. At the end of the day I don't care who you are you have to earn your spot. So far I don't feel his performance warrrants him being a starter.

e
    HOME NHL NBA MLB NFL CFL BPL NCAAB NCAAF BLOGS CONTESTS TV VIDEO BULLHORN FANTASY

Toronto 1 - DC United 0 Game Blog

Posted by Joe Ross on May 21, 2008

Toronto gained revenge after that 4-1 nightmare loss in DC with a 1-0 win at BMO Field. Devon McTavish is the guy you want to be thanking if you’re a TFC supporter.
    How They Lined Up
    ----------------------------Sutton-------------------------------
    Wynne-----------Velez-----------Marshall----------------Brennan ( c )
    ---------------------------Robinson-------------------------------
    Ricketts--------------------Edu----------------------------Robert
    -------------------------------------Guevara--------------------------
    ----------------------------Dichio------------------------------
    Substitutes: Edwards, James, Harmse, Dunivant, Tebily, Smith, Cunningham
    ---------------------------------Wells--------------------------------
    Namoff----------McTavish------------Peralta----------------Martinez
    ---------------------------------Simms--------------------------------
    Quaranta---------------------Gallardo-------------------------Fred
    ---------------------------------------Moreno ( c )-------------------
    --------------------------------Emilio--------------------------------
    Substitutes: Carvalho, Burch, Mediate, Kirk, Cordeiro, Doe,
    The Positives
    ∙ Danny Dichio’s night can be summed up in two plays. The first is the goal he scored, where he used his strength to hold off Devon McTavish after the DC centre-half made a horrendous and rather comical error trying to pass back to his own keeper. The second was his sliding block two yards away from goal, robbing Fred of a follow up chance after Sutton stoned him. As for the rest of the play between those moments, Dichio’s shortcomings as the lone striker were shown again. Of course, those shortcomings have nothing to do with a lack of effort. That’s one part of his game that’s never in question, and part of the reason he’s still such a cult hero at Exhibition Place.
    ∙ Carl Robinson bossed the midfield, seemingly breaking up every DC attack in the middle and following it up with tidy distribution shortly afterwards. I’d argue his play forced Marcelo Gallardo to try and create out wide instead of in the centre of the park. He was TFC’s best player on the day.
    ∙ Greg Sutton played a mistake free game, and came up with a massive stop on Fred to save the three points. He’s making a strong case to be Canada’s number one with his recent play.
    ∙ Continuing the trend of players stepping up after I call them out on the blog, Jarrod Smith was very impressive today. He came on for an ineffective Ricketts on 51 minutes and showed plenty of industry on the right wing. He also runs at full speed until he reaches the long balls played over him, unlike Ricketts who seems to slow down to allow the defender to get their first a little too often.
    ∙ TFC’s defending continues to be outstanding. The horror show backline from the first three games of the season seems like years ago. On this homestand, Toronto conceded only one goal in five matches, and that came off of a free kick.
    ∙ Marco Velez didn’t help up Gallardo when he crashed hard into the advertising boards. Good show, Marco. This is war, not a tea party!
    ∙ The Honduran Maradona attempted another overhead kick, which got me all warm and fuzzy inside for a couple of minutes.
    ∙ The guy who gets completely shitfaced every game in my section showed surprising accuracy when he pelted Gallardo with a beer on a corner kick. Our inebriated anti-hero could barely stand up straight, but when Gallardo trotted over to take the set piece, Drunky Drunkerson turned into Pedro Martinez circa 1999 and fired a dart right off his back. I even saw Gallardo crack a smile afterwards. Drunkerson was given a hero’s praise by the section for his marksmanship. Hopefully he remembers when he wakes up on the couch tomorrow, furrowing his brow with a splitting headache.
    The Negatives
    The play on the wings was disappointing again. I didn’t think the team was playing the ball out to Robert enough, and the overlaps between wingers and fullbacks seemed disjointed. I’m not sure if Ricketts was hurt or if Carver had just seen enough, but the decision to bring on Smith was the right one.
    ∙ The team struggled to create chances, with just six shots and only two on target. It’s been the same problems for the last three matches. The build up looks fine, but it all falls apart as soon as TFC reaches the final third. If not for the deplorable defending of McTavish, this very well could have been Toronto’s second consecutive nil-nil.
    ∙ Rain makes the fieldturf at BMO field almost unbearable to watch a game on. The surface was slicker than John Ferguson Jr.’s hair and trying the play the ball along the deck was very difficult.

∙ The bastards at the corn stand doubled the price from one dollar to two for a post-match cob.
    ∙ The dark side of man was shown after the match, when hundreds of fans descended on the free Doritos chips giveaway boxes like a swarm of locusts outside of the North Stand. Some grown adults were scurrying around with four bags each in their hands, intoxicated with joy. The racoons who pillage my garbage each night show more tact.
    It's just a free bag of chips people. Get over it.
    Ratings
    Sutton 8, Wynne 7, Velez 7, Marshall 7, Brennan 7, Robinson 8, Ricketts 5 (Smith 7), Edu 6, Robert 6 (Dunivant 7), Guevara 7, Dichio 7
    Joey’s Final Thought
    The homestand was an unquestioned success, with three wins, two draws and only one goal conceded. While there’s plenty of reason to start thinking “playoffs” after this display, I’m still not getting too worked up until we see more of the club’s road form this season. The win over Los Angeles was a step in the right direction. We’ll see if the club can continue its form in DC this Saturday against a clearly wounded animal. I’m going in expecting a point. Another two on top of that would be a bonus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dichio also played well defensively with the goal lone clear of the Fred shot. Although Smith played well I think Dichio should still be the starter with Smith coming in to replace him. If this is how Carver sets it up I suspect Cunny is on his way out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about Gala? Oh wait against DC nvm. Maybe Carver can put Gala in for the LA game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely like the idea of holding Robert and Ricketts against the likes of Smith; Robert has stepped up (since he was first subbed with Smith), now lets see Ricketts step up.

There is no other team stronger than us in midfield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smith produces 10x better than Ricketts and considering he makes 17k is pretty shocking.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dantdot View Post
    Smith produces 10x better than Ricketts and considering he makes 17k is pretty shocking.
    Great point.

H ehustles more, he tackles better, he shows more grit, he dribbles with his head up and he makes only 17k.

Don't you agree Jloome?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Amado on international duty for the next four games, I'd stick Smith into that second attacking roll and have him play off Dichio must as what happened tonight.

It would be a slightly more conventional 4-4-2 but that's fine.

He certainly fit right in and seems to have great ball skills although may be a touch slow but I don't care.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    Great point.

H ehustles more, he tackles better, he shows more grit, he dribbles with his head up and he makes only 17k.

Don't you agree Jloome?
    LOL. Why did he even agree to move to move to Canada from his home in New Zealand? He couldn't be doing much worse than 17k with his club in NZ. Well, he could be, but 17k is nothing to cross the seven seas for.

But yeah, he has been excellent for us so far. Great hustle guy....much better than Welsh and probably even better than Ricketts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    LOL. Why did he even agree to move to move to Canada from his home in New Zealand? He couldn't be doing much worse than 17k with his club in NZ. Well, he could be, but 17k is nothing to cross the seven seas for.

But yeah, he has been excellent for us so far. Great hustle guy....much better than Welsh and probably even better than Ricketts.
    MLS is better than The New Zealand Football Championship (NZFC)
    and sometimes when you are at the begining of your career, it's better to take 17k and be in a league where you can be somebody than taking 50 or 100k and being nobody in New Zaland. He is only 23, he has all the time to be rich in this league or maybe a stunt at europe. who knows.
    This is just my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why play your trump card now when you already have a winning hand? You people make no sense at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DD played very well tonight.
    And Ricketts > Smith. Smith played very well, and is good on the ball. But not as good as Ricketts and his understanding of the play developing around him isn't as solid as Ricketts. RR ripped them up several times tonight.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He looked very good. This guy good be with TFC for a long time.

17000. What a steal.