View Poll Results: What is the future of Kevin Harmse?

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Starting CB

54 31.95%
  • Backup

75 44.38%
  • Not with TFC

40 23.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kevin Harmse

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would make him a backup, unless we can't find anyone better to take the starter's role.

He does a lot better as a CB, though I wish he would get his aggression under control.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He`s like a Canadian Vinnie Jones.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely useful to keep in the squad since he's Canadian and can play in different positions (and probably doesn't command a huge salary from the cap, although that's just a guess). I'd be disappointed if we had him down as a starting CB since it's not his usual position and he's ok but not great there. I'd like to think we could aim a bit higher, but he's worth keeping as a back up, not least for when all the internationals come around unless he stays in the Canada team, in which case his utility drops considerably. Although if it's a choice between losing him or Jimmy B for internationals, I'd send Harmse off to the CMNT every time!
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Harmse should come in as an early sub in most games. He's not afraid to make
    a challenge, and his rep has the other players always looking over their shoulder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    i think hes done really quite well there since the move, im not a fan of the guy and hated him before but he has excelled.

Question: did he cause the penalty last night?
    He totally caused the penalty. There was no doubt in my mind when the whistle was blown. It was a poor challenge, who slides from a still standing position? Maybe it was a trick picked up from coach Dale Mitchell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marvelle Wynne has caused more penalties. Obviously he's played more, but I think it's stupid to dwell on a penalty. It happened, it was a bad challenge, he's still a talented player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marvelle Wynne played all season (minus international duties and one missed game due to concussion) and in TOTAL accumulated 1 caution and 17 fouls. Don't ever try to compare Harmse to Wynne again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In fact, I can't remember Marv causing a single penalty. I remember the "phantom hand on the back" from earlier this season, but I think that was Julius James.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marvelle did have one PK called against him. Earlier in the summer I believe. That said, 17 fouls in a season is pretty impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Marvelle did have one PK called against him. Earlier in the summer I believe. That said, 17 fouls in a season is pretty impressive.
    the only PK against Marvell was in the away game vs. Dc united. that was a bad error. Otherwise, he's been ok defensively (not great but a big improvement over last year).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VPjr View Post
    the only PK against Marvell was in the away game vs. Dc united. that was a bad error. Otherwise, he's been ok defensively (not great but a big improvement over last year).
    Ya, that was when we did our DC / Montreal train trip!

He definitely was caught with his pants down and ended up having to push the DC attacker in the back ... hard!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VPjr View Post
    And on Robbie Rogers against Columbus. Greg Sutton came to the rescue on that occasion, though.