Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Official Post Game Thread.

disappointing all round effort. Time to let this season die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what an anaemic, gutless, schoolboy performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't wait til next year already though.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stick a fork in her, she's done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After a performance like that, I'm thankful I don't have to be put through that again in 2008.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done, we are the FIRST team in MLS history to give up 2 goals in every loss.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pure garbage, Harmse was the best player even giving up the penalty. Ruiz is done, will Guevara follow? Ricketts was shit, Jo Smith was shit. Sutton should have had the first goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ruiz better not be on this team, come next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prediction: Dichio gone. Riuz gone. DP striker comes in to play with Barrett, with Ibby coming off the bench in support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sucks that when had to end in with that kind of performance...lets hope they shelf the spin and take real action this off season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_123 View Post
    Ruiz better not be on this team, come next season.
    Don't worry. They only bought him a one way ticket this game. He won't be coming back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 shots on goal !!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salinas looking for the foul there is the one thing that I hate about the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have a real identity problem on this team. We have two CM (Robbo & Guevara) that both want to run the team. Then we have two wingers who float into the middle and don't stay wide with our backs content of hoofing the ball up the field. So our wingers aren't there to get the long balls, our CM are in the same fucking position and getting in each others way, and our forwards have to track the ball all the way to the sideline leaving no one to attack the net........

So much needs to improve. But first things first, we have to recruit with intent of shaping a particular style of team and sticking to it. All we did this year and last year is recruit players to fill positions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Season wraps up just as it began with a piss poor performance.
    The only creative play was the late one-two pass with the referee.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it were not for Sutton it would have been 5-6 nil...poor effort all around by TFC.
    They need to learn to win away from home...until that happens playoffs might be another couple of seasons yet...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone else think this game felt a lot like the one in Charleston we lost 0-1 against SJ? Small stadium, lousy atmosphere, lousier TFC performance and we were trialling guys like Martin Brittain, Kevin Gall and that Colombian guy who lasted 45 minutes before Carver yanked his ass off the pitch (like Ruiz today)... Kind of feels like full circle doesn't it? Here are some thoughts:

- Despite the penalty conceded by Harmse, I still like him better at CB.
    - We've seen exactly what Sutton is about: great shot-stopper but prone to the clanger and lousy distribution. However, I'm still comfortable with him: he's saved us more times than I can remember.
    - The following players should disappear forever into a void (in decreasing order of urgency): Ruiz, Vélez, and Jarrod Smith.
    - We absolutely need to do everything we can to keep Dichio and Robinson. Which as an aside (and knock on wood) if he does go back to the UK, how much of a transfer fee might we get for Robbo? I'm thinking somewhere around £150000. Similarly, if Dichio does retire, does it bother anyone else it seemed like he was subbed off rather unceremoniously? I mean, it's not like I really expect a parade or anything extra than normal, just felt odd...
    - I'm still completely against a Canadian DP: I just don't feel there are any good enough for that.
    - It's going to be a looooooooooooooong off-season and I'll probably cry myself to sleep.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I switched off Something About Mary to watch that? wow - just because you're playing in a high school looking stadium doesn't mean you have to play like a high school team.

Lot's of great memories this year - but glad the nightmare results are now over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Robinson is in an option year, so I think he would be free to leave. Additionally, he’s never generated any big fees, 20000 pounds max would be my guess.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The roller coaster ride is over.

This off-season is key. We're still a young team. Time to take the next step.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    Did anyone else think this game felt a lot like the one in Charleston we lost 0-1 against SJ? Small stadium, lousy atmosphere, lousier TFC performance and we were trialling guys like Martin Brittain, Kevin Gall and that Colombian guy who lasted 45 minutes before Carver yanked his ass off the pitch (like Ruiz today)... Kind of feels like full circle doesn't it? Here are some thoughts:

- We've seen exactly what Sutton is about: great shot-stopper but prone to the clanger and lousy distribution. However, I'm still comfortable with him: he's saved us more times than I can remember.
    - The following players should disappear forever into a void (in decreasing order of urgency): Ruiz, Vélez, and Jarrod Smith.
    - We absolutely need to do everything we can to keep Dichio and Robinson. Which as an aside (and knock on wood) if he does go back to the UK, how much of a transfer fee might we get for Robbo? I'm thinking somewhere around £150000. Similarly, if Dichio does retire, does it bother anyone else it seemed like he was subbed off rather unceremoniously? I mean, it's not like I really expect a parade or anything extra than normal, just felt odd...
    - I'm still completely against a Canadian DP: I just don't feel there are any good enough for that.
    - It's going to be a looooooooooooooong off-season and I'll probably cry myself to sleep.
    Good Post...Agree !

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone else think this game felt a lot like the one in Charleston we lost 0-1 against SJ? Small stadium, lousy atmosphere, lousier TFC performance and we were trialling guys like Martin Brittain, Kevin Gall and that Colombian guy who lasted 45 minutes before Carver yanked his ass off the pitch... Here are some thoughts:

- We absolutely need to do everything we can to keep Dichio and Robinson. Which as an aside (and knock on wood) if he does go back to the UK, how much of a transfer fee might we get? I'm thinking somewhere around £150000. Similarly, if Dichio does retire, does it bother anyone else it seemed like he was subbed off rather unceremoniously? I mean, it's not like I really expect a parade or anything extra than normal, just felt odd...

like Harmse as well, Sutton was playing two positions tonight keeper and defence and thats not his job, the defence left him hanging. Ruiz is gone,
    Velez will likely be back. Dichio is not woth the risk with his health an issue, if healthy keep him as a sub. Robinson will be back im sure,unless TFC get an offer they can't refuse for him. Agree no Canadian players is woth a DP spot. 150 days to 2009 KO (approx)..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Sutton needs to look at his own performance yet again...

How many times has he made mistakes that have cost us the game?? In general I've been a big supporter of his, but tonight I finally realized that the saves he makes that look tough really should be routine. He got away with a number of bad handling mistakes tonight and when he does try to punch the ball away he never gets any distance.

I say leave him unprotected for the expansion draft and send a message. I doubt Seattle will take him but if they do so be it...
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    I think Robinson is in an option year, so I think he would be free to leave. Additionally, he’s never generated any big fees, 20000 pounds max would be my guess.
    Actually, the largest fee ever paid for him was £50000. But I feel like he's gotten more exposure here in the MLS than he ever did back home. Maybe it's a perception bias because I follow TFC, but I still think it's true nevertheless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another player I want gone to add to your list Lucky Striker: Tyronne Marshall

We need two CBs that are consistent and good distributors. I really like Serioux as a replacement and Harmse as a sub.

As for Dichio, he needs to take a paycut to stay. We're going to sign a #1 striker and have Barret and Ibbe....and most likely a top prospect from the draft. We don't really need Dichio as a every game guy....and he just doesn't have the mobility anymore. He would be a great guy to bring in to secure the lead as a defensive forward to hold the ball up and waist time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just like Gary Lineker's England career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tonight's result honestly comes as no surprise. Predictable as far as I'm concerned. Typical TFC.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    I think Sutton needs to look at his own performance yet again...

How many times has he made mistakes that have cost us the game?? In general I've been a big supporter of his, but tonight I finally realized that the saves he makes that look tough really should be routine. He got away with a number of bad handling mistakes tonight and when he does try to punch the ball away he never gets any distance.

I say leave him unprotected for the expansion draft and send a message. I doubt Seattle will take him but if they do so be it...

Sutton was the best on the pitch tonight, he saved the score from being downright ugly.....where was our Captian tonight? was he on holiday?
    leave him unprotected in the expansion draft...useless. If Seattle take him
    great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, the largest fee ever paid for him was £50000. But I feel like he's gotten more exposure here in the MLS than he ever did back home. Maybe it's a perception bias because I follow TFC, but I still think it's true nevertheless.
    I meant 20,000 would be the max anyone would pay TFC for him. No one is going to pay TFC "cant refuse" money for Carl Robinson.

It’s hard to speak to the issue of exposure. Yes he’s a big(ish) fish in a little pond in the MLS. However, with the way football is set up in the UK (in terms of administration and scouting), it’s hard to believe that Carl Robinson is news to anyone over there.