View Poll Results: What Non Roster changes should TFC do for 09?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Open the gates 90 minutes before game time

61 53.04%
  • bring back the reserve games

23 20.00%
  • Better mechandise/jerseys etc

24 20.87%
  • fan/team get togethers

27 23.48%
  • help do road trips

42 36.52%
  • other...please state

10 8.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What Non Roster event should TFC do for 09 - BMO Suggestions

open the gates earlier!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck yeah. Pathetic having to stand in line 1/2 before the fucking game. Open the Gates!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oblio2 View Post
    Fuck yeah. Pathetic having to stand in line 1/2 before the fucking game. Open the Gates!

bet thats the most popular by closing time!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we open the gates an hour before the game, and aside from a game where we admittedly had issues, there is very little activity (demand) for this. There are usually people waiting for gates to open, but after they get in there is no crush...the real issue is typical to all big events - everyone comes at one time - in the 15 minutes before the start time which leads to the bottlenecks you all know and love. The go train doesn't help much in this regard either. I'd like to experiment with earlier gate times next season, but we need an incentive for fans to come earlier.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlsintoronto View Post
    we open the gates an hour before the game, and aside from a game where we admittedly had issues, there is very little activity (demand) for this. There are usually people waiting for gates to open, but after they get in there is no crush...the real issue is typical to all big events - everyone comes at one time - in the 15 minutes before the start time which leads to the bottlenecks you all know and love. The go train doesn't help much in this regard either. I'd like to experiment with earlier gate times next season, but we need an incentive for fans to come earlier.

play an academy game before the first team game...lets us see the future TFC players!!! im sure that would bring fans in earlier...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You had majour issues one game and did not apologize or acknowledge the screw up to the fans in the stadium. It would not have taken much to make an announcement on the PA or even delay the game for 5 minutes as people sat down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Paul.
    However, there are crazy lines and it's just too late...especially when there is a delay-It really backs up. On the Plus side, you open the gates and extra 1/2 hour earlier, you sell more stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait.
    Topless Cheerleaders.....
    Paul. Get on this please. (Oh, prerequisite is dancing in front of 110)

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My only issue is the half - get people through the concessions faster and more gents (on the west side at least). Get the old troughs out of the Gardens, or at least get rid of the dividers so we can have more pisseurs intalled.

But hey, I like being at BMO field, not much else to gripe about.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red patch Girls vs Hooters selects before game proceed to cancer or something, now that would get me and a few thousand other guys there for sure..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other - I'm wondering if it's feasible to turn the BIG women's washroom in a men's washroom and the smaller men's washroom into a women's (West side)? i.e. Make the washroom's more proportional to guy to girl ratio at BMO Field.

p.s. My fiancée doesn't agree with this one since she loves the lack of line-up situation for the women, but I thought I'd make the suggestion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My only issue with the last home game was that all my banner were not put in the right sec and i had to go look all over bmo field for a member of the game day crew and did not get my banner up in till 30mins in the the game. before next year the game crew need more help and I think that they need to get supporter to form a tfc banner crew.

what the banner crew would do is make sure all banner are up in the right place 3 hour before the gates are open

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted for the Roadtrips but I was thinking subsidizing the Supporters groups alittle with a hotel or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David_Oliveira View Post
    I voted for the Roadtrips but I was thinking subsidizing the Supporters groups alittle with a hotel or something.
    I doubt they'll subsidize ... Maybe negotiate a better group rate?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacTabarnack View Post
    I doubt they'll subsidize ... Maybe negotiate a better group rate?
    That can work too lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

even help transport our banners and get them into the stadium for us so that we can have time to mingle before the game?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David_Oliveira View Post

If TFC would run a down and back trip No stay over like the supporters club do i might considering going on a road trip it would be fun. Went
    down to Albany a fews years back with the Rock to the Championship game, it was a long down and back but worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    If TFC would run a down and back trip No stay over like the supporters club do i might considering going on a road trip it would be fun. Went
    down to Albany a fews years back with the Rock to the Championship game, it was a long down and back but worth it.
    The Season Opener was wild! I'm sure the Columbus Road Trip will be bigger and better next year! Can we sell out their stadium and make a home game out of it? There were tons of seats empty last year ... Let the planning begin!

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see Paul is paying attention to this thread, so I'll let go with a range of improvements I'd like to see implemented.

Gate Times: I think opening up BMO an hour before kick-off is a good idea, though I agree that anything over an hour in advance would be overkill. Like you said (Paul), there may not be a lot of people lining up with 60 minutes to go, but I'm willing to bet that if you make it common knowledge for people, you'll have fans use the time to buy their merch and maybe a bite to eat before the larger crowds show up.

Merchandise:
    I cannot stress enough how important it is that Adidas produces enough of the new playing tops and fan wear to meet demand. There are a multitude of smaller independent sportings goods stores all over the GTA that have gotten only the bare minimum of TFC gear this year and last because most of the goods went to Centre Sports, the TFC Shop at BMO Field, or Sportschek.

Road Trips: I'd like to see the club get more involved with at least the first road trip of the year (provided its a match being played relatively close to Toronto) and the Canadian Championship. In fact, with that said I'd like to see the club push the NCC a lot more. People need to understand just how lucrative the tournament is. We have to drive home the fact that it's our National Championships and that the winner goes on into the very competitive CONCACAF Champs League. Seeing a big contingent of TFC supporters making it out to Vancouver and Montreal would really turn heads.

Special Functions: Enshrine the 90th minute party as the last big hurrah for the season. Some people were freaking out when they thought it was being discontinued this year. I would recommend you stick to a venue closer to downtown, though. Vaughan was a bit too far for a lot of people, even with the buses set-up to take us back to BMO Field.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    You had majour issues one game and did not apologize or acknowledge the screw up to the fans in the stadium. It would not have taken much to make an announcement on the PA or even delay the game for 5 minutes as people sat down.
    correct - you're right - in hindsight we should have.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monkey Butlers serving free beer in 112?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In diapers please. We'd prefer sanitary conditions....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I think the reserves game before the accual game would be great. The gates will already be open so that solves two problems at once. It would be nice for more fan/player access as well. What about a contest for two fans to sit on the bench with the players during the game? If not the bench like right behind the 4th offical table??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Open the gates 30 minutes earlier and ban beer sales in the 2nd half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring back the old Maple Leaf Gardens troughs.

olegunnar

Quote Originally Posted by skint View Post
    Open the gates 30 minutes earlier and ban beer sales in the 2nd half.
    I agree with this, but I don't think it will ever happen since they're both money losers.

Earlier in this thread, and at times before, Beirne or whoever was using his handle at the time (I've been told they share the account) has said that opening the gates early cost them (staff etc.) more than they make.
    If they ban beer in the 2nd half they'll lose revenue. Even though it would be a benefit to many (less chance of drunks throwing things or out of control frat boys) the loss of revenue will probably make that idea a no go too.

Unfortunate since I think both of those ideas are great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have the reserves play before the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul is right, its not the gate opening time thats causing the problem. i'm usually there an hour before and i don't have a problem getting in at all. its the fact that everybody shows up half an hour before the game starts thats causing the problem. if you want to stop the problem, show up a bit earlier. i just don't see the gate opening as an issue at all.

not only that, but by showing up early, you get to enjoy a quick movement through the food and bevy lines as well. if there is anything that is causing problems, its the long wait times to get served that is more pressing to me. those lines grow very quickly and cause a bigger bottleneck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    Monkey Butlers serving free beer in 112?
    But how many Monkey Butlers would there be?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mozfather View Post
    But how many Monkey Butlers would there be?

one at first, but he'll train others.