Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default GUevara NEW DEAL!

Mitch Peacock mentioned on the brodcast today....Guevara had just signed a new deal with TFC not sure if this is old news or not??.....and in an interview with him....Amado is very happy in toronto...that he love's the coaches here...and that he's never been with a team in his career that is so tight with each other...inside the locker room!

Nice to hear!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    tight with each other...inside the locker room!
    Hmmmm he likes tight eh
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mitch Peacock mentioned on the brodcast today....Guevara had just signed a new deal with TFC not sure if this is old news or not??.....and in an interview with him....Amado is very happy in toronto...that he love's the coaches here...and that he's never been with a team in his career that is so tight with each other...inside the locker room!

Nice to hear!!
    When Ricketts got his first goal, the first thing he did was run over and hug Carver. That tells you all you need to know about our club. And at the end of the match, CBC caught a nice camera shot of Carver smiling and talking to Jimmy B, then rubbing his head and giving him a hug. I also saw Guevara joking around with Ricketts.

As for Amado - I thought he had already signed a multi-year deal with us? I mean - I'm glad that he's with us longer term - I just thought that was already the case.

Man, I'm excited to see TFC next season. We've showed some real determination and flair these last few matches. Some of the chances (converted or not) that we were generating tonight, were great.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a chance to chat with Ricketts after the game, got an autograph and congratulated him on a great game. I said I'll see you next year and he relied with maybe. We really need to lock this guy up to a deal.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ricketts has 2years contract as much I remember.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by morgank1986 View Post
    I got a chance to chat with Ricketts after the game, got an autograph and congratulated him on a great game. I said I'll see you next year and he relied with maybe. We really need to lock this guy up to a deal.
    hmmm...interesting....i wonder if those rumors of going to the shite bulls are true?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is rumours of Ricketts going to RBNY? Where did they originate from?

Everything I've ever heard of Rohan, he has said he loves Toronto, loves Carver, and wants to stay - it's basically in the club's court.

I'd be shocked if RR left TFC. He's a well known fan favourite, and he's a great player to boot. They'd be nuts to let him go, unless he demands some ludicrous amount of money.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    There is rumours of Ricketts going to RBNY? Where did they originate from?

Everything I've ever heard of Rohan, he has said he loves Toronto, loves Carver, and wants to stay - it's basically in the club's court.

I'd be shocked if RR left TFC. He's a well known fan favourite, and he's a great player to boot. They'd be nuts to let him go, unless he demands some ludicrous amount of money.

- Scott
    BIG BRUVA had mentioned....a few teams are interested..and SHITEBULLS were one of them.....it might just be a renegotiation...ploy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Ricketts got his first goal, the first thing he did was run over and hug Carver. That tells you all you need to know about our club. And at the end of the match, CBC caught a nice camera shot of Carver smiling and talking to Jimmy B, then rubbing his head and giving him a hug. I also saw Guevara joking around with Ricketts.
    It was nice to see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BIG BRUVA had mentioned....a few teams are interested..and SHITEBULLS were one of them.....it might just be a renegotiation...ploy!
    Well, I'm sure there are lots of teams interested in RR's services. That isn't really tantamount to a rumour of him leaving though.

Don't scare me like that

- Scott

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am really looking forward to next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure you heard that right? I thought he was talking about Chad Barrett at the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckPete View Post
    Are you sure you heard that right? I thought he was talking about Chad Barrett at the time.
    Yeah I remember this being said about Barrett as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I was right about Guevara then? haha

- Scott

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for Amado - I thought he had already signed a multi-year deal with us? I mean - I'm glad that he's with us longer term - I just thought that was already the case.

Man, I'm excited to see TFC next season. We've showed some real determination and flair these last few matches. Some of the chances (converted or not) that we were generating tonight, were great.

- Scott
    Yes it kind of reminds me of Team Canada and how they played against Mexico. I mean when the games don't count and there is no pressure because they basically were elimnated from the playoffs (would need a miracle to qualify), the team plays well. However, in the games they should have won they didn't show up. You know the games vs SJ, RSL , KC at home etc.

It seems that is the story of Toronto teams (Leafs and now TFC). Play well the last 2-3 games of the season when nothing is on the line.

If that makes you happy....whatever...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are the biggest downer on this board dude...seriously. The rest of us are in a good mood despite knowing that TFC is now out. And you come in and shit on everyone. You represent everything I dislike about bandwagon jumpers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    Yes it kind of reminds me of Team Canada and how they played against Mexico. I mean when the games don't count and there is no pressure because they basically were elimnated from the playoffs (would need a miracle to qualify), the team plays well. However, in the games they should have won they didn't show up. You know the games vs SJ, RSL , KC at home etc.

It seems that is the story of Toronto teams (Leafs and now TFC). Play well the last 2-3 games of the season when nothing is on the line.

If that makes you happy....whatever...
    Nothing was on the line? We have been clinging to faint playoff hopes, and short of a bad penalty call, the guys have delivered what they needed to deliver to give us a chance.

You aren't a self-professed "realist" - you're just being a jerk.

I'm resigned to the fact that you will always find some reason to be negative, whether they win or lose. Which begs the question of why you frequent a supporter's website in the first place.

The fact that most folks here don't seem to appreciate your input, just makes that question all the more poignant.

We were mathematically in the playoff race until about 30 minutes ago. Your criticism of only playing when nothing is on the line, has no basis in objective reality.

And instead of celebrating a riveting win in our last home game, you come here searching for a reason to get down on the team again. I echo Roogsy's sentiments.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah It's nice to Nice to hear!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, maybe DeRo will be on RR's side next season. I dont know. Ricketts has had great moments, but he was not an allstar. He needs to spend the offseason working hard to get himself to the next level.

Edit: Here is to hoping Che is in top form next year for us. We will need him if we are going to make a push. I wonder if this means that Ruiz will remain with us too.
    Last edited by J .; 10-20-2008 at 01:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post
    I dunno, maybe DeRo will be on RR's side next season. I dont know. Ricketts has had great moments, but he was not an allstar. He needs to spend the offseason working hard to get himself to the next level.

Edit: Here is to hoping Che is in top form next year for us. We will need him if we are going to make a push. I wonder if this means that Ruiz will remain with us too.
    I think consistency was Ricketts biggest problem this season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post

I still think DeRo coming here for next season isn't happening. He's under contract, he isn't unhappy in Houston, and we would have to give up too much to get him.

We could re-sign Ricketts for likely half what it would cost us to sign DeRo next season, if not less, and that isn't including the draft picks and players that would likely be involved in the deal. Houston isn't going to give up their best player for peanuts.

I like Ricketts. I want to sign him for at least another season, and see if he completely returns to form.

Throw in the fact that we also have Johann Smith in the wings, and signing DeRo doesn't even make sense for TFC right now, you could argue.

I'm all for waiting until he's no longer under contract, or Houston is actively shopping him around, and picking him up then.

As an aside, I will also cry if we use our DP slot on him.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by morgank1986 View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me much if he moved on. This is just a stop on the path for him - if the chance came to go back to a high level team in England he would be crazy not to take it. He's young enough to still be on the lookout for it. He's in a similar position to Edu or Wynne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Ricketts should stay next year. He has had his struggles this year with inconsisency and such but saturdays game was a wake up call. This guy can play. If he doesn't get a new deal or is shipped out of here, questions have to be asked of where MOJO wants this team to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is likely holding out for a better contract, which is probably a fair request, given his consistent play throughout the year.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who are we going to put on the right side?

Smith and Ricketts are both natural lefts aren't they?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really hope we'll move into season 3 with pretty much the same squad. I'd hate having to rebuild again. It's the sure way to repeat what we did this season. We must start with a strong squad, no buying and trading months into the next season.

Please!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

id like to see what we currently have plus a few players (rid of a few, mostly just JaSmith, nothing personal, just that he hasnt done much and is taking up an internatioal slot), we really just need a solid leader in the CB position, a back up DM and several strikers.
    Oh yeah, also another back up winger

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I am really looking forward to next year.
    I think we all are after the way the last 4 games have gone...its looking good. If TFC had only got the two extra points in Dallas, oh well thats history.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A STAY vs GO thread would be great.

who do we have that are in need of contracts?

WHo is ear marked to leave?

(ya. . Im pretty lazy)
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the general rule in these situations is that the people who say things like "oh I don't know, we'll see" are the one's who are desparate to come back and will probably sign. People who say things like Robbo did are a little tougher to judge, but when people start throwing around the "I've got other offers" they are looking for a better paycheque.

The flipside is also true, the people who say things like "this is the only club I have ever wanted to play for" tend to leave.