Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way...some news to pass on about Marvell Wynne:

I have it from the press corps that Wynne was feeling fine after the match. He was taken out as a precaution, but said afterwards that he feels okay.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought we did a really good job in 112 and 113 today, it's the best I've seen it.

For the most part, we followed the lead of the capo. But people are also figuring out that his job is to start and spread chants. They have to take a break sometimes, and we can start our own stuff. All you need is balance. There were plenty of times today where if we had something going, but the capo was going a different direction, we stopped immediately and listened. And then there were times where we started a great chant, and the capo picked it up. This is exactly how it should work.

As for flushy, he's safe and sound. I don't think speaking about that situation on a public board is very respectful without him being here. That's just my opinion though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, let's leave Flush to tell the story if he wants.

As for Wynne...I didn't know he had come out of the game, but now I can understand why some of the offensive punch seemed to have been taken out in the 2nd half. It's incredible how Wynne makes that much of a difference, but he does.

It was a pleasure watching him zip around the pitch in the first half. I am always left dumbstruck at his speed.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's the most dynamic player on Toronto. I love how Carver has allowed him to really play as a fullback would in England. He's becoming much better with the ball at his feet, which allows him to actually utilize his speed in a game. Last year he would push the ball forward, but he couldn't contorl himself. He has also improved exponentially on the defensive side. His positioning is much better, and he's becoming a very strong tackler.

All I have to say is...

DONT LEAVE US!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Of course. Just hope that Flush is fine as he was spearheading a lot of the energy in the 1st half and then he was gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW - Chad Barrett being overheard after the game having dinner with his parents:

"The guys in Chicago say they really miss me"

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    ^^Of course. Just hope that Flush is fine as he was spearheading a lot of the energy in the 1st half and then he was gone.
    There's only onnnnnnnnne Flushie!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am rewatching the game.

This ref screwed up the Freeman/Segares incident. (An MLS screwing up...shocking I know).

I would LOVE to find out what the yellow to Freeman was for because the poor bastard didn't do a damn thing.

Segares and CONDE should have gotten yellows, if not a red to one of them.

Friggin' refs. At least they didn't blow this game for us. But they sure do try don't they?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

This ref screwed up the Freeman/Segares incident. (An MLS screwing up...shocking I know).

I would LOVE to find out what the yellow to Freeman was for because the poor bastard didn't do a damn thing.

Friggin' refs. At least they didn't blow this game for us. But they sure do try don't they?
    I think they have a "Screw TFC Over" contest every year. Lucky for them they all stink at it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you see the linesman trying to run over to tell the ref something and the ref completely ignoring him? It happened directly acorss from us. Everyone was yelling "look at the lineman you prick" He didnt and immediately booked both of them, Freeman got screwed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that's (almost) it folks -- playoffs aren't there no more, always next year...

Those of you coming to San Jose, see you there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago played dirty all game long. There were elbows flying all over the place. And Blanco was doing his usual whining/bitching/flopping thing.

But WE got more cautions.

Idiots.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fun game tonight. Lost my voice - wife not impressed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Segares should have gotten one yellow for the reckless elbow to Freeman's face, then ejected for pushing Freeman to the ground. Freeman shouldn't have gotten squat.

When Blanco took a dive out of bounds, after Marshall wouldn't give him the ball - literally fell to the ground to try and draw a card - I flipped out.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 125_TFC View Post
    I thought we did a really good job in 112 and 113 today, it's the best I've seen it.

For the most part, we followed the lead of the capo. But people are also figuring out that his job is to start and spread chants. They have to take a break sometimes, and we can start our own stuff. All you need is balance. There were plenty of times today where if we had something going, but the capo was going a different direction, we stopped immediately and listened. And then there were times where we started a great chant, and the capo picked it up. This is exactly how it should work.

As for flushy, he's safe and sound. I don't think speaking about that situation on a public board is very respectful without him being here. That's just my opinion though.
    really....i thot we were rather quiet today> There was a few moments we sounded good, but overall id say it wasn't the greatest atmosphere!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Fun game tonight. Lost my voice - wife not impressed

Great game by TFC tonight...the played for the win and thier playoff lives and got the result anyways..Lost my voice to...might be a good thing!!
    Glad marvell is doing better that was a nasty block he took...Well done TFC and Beat San Jose just for the hell of it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lost my voice today totally.... great great game today.... TFC play the best game out of the season today.... 1st half was the BEST.... offense, defence everything come out right.... don't even know what I can do without TFC comin up on the next 6 months.... no matter they make the playoff or not... I am sure all of us will be back to support TFC....

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Donald Duck never really had much of a voice...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Duck View Post
    lost my voice today totally.... great great game today.... TFC play the best game out of the season today.... 1st half was the BEST.... offense, defence everything come out right.... don't even know what I can do without TFC comin up on the next 6 months.... no matter they make the playoff or not... I am sure all of us will be back to support TFC....

we'll be back....2009 cant come soon enough..

Red Bulls and Wizards them

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago played dirty all game long. There were elbows flying all over the place. And Blanco was doing his usual whining/bitching/flopping thing.

But WE got more cautions.

Idiots.
    All the more reasons to hate them for, Roogsy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great game, had a blast. Security and the Police at the end was too funny...were the expecting an invasion?
    Last edited by Oblio2; 10-19-2008 at 08:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i know i was tell them your not going to stop us all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Yes. Last year we invaded the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wanted to thank all you guys for your energy on Saturday. My daughter turned 6 and I brought her to the game and she went crazy...she loved watching you guys and she learned the Danny Dichio song and "this is our house" and sang it all the way home....she also learned a few new swear words...but she probably knew those already.
    She is hooked...if Dichio stays I am getting her to shave her head in his honour next year!!!
    TFC Forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    really....i thot we were rather quiet today> There was a few moments we sounded good, but overall id say it wasn't the greatest atmosphere!
    Agreed. 111 was a graveyard today until the 85th.

The atmosphere seems to be drifting with this season’s plight. I hope that next year, winning will bring upon more active participation in the supporting sections that were less than impressive.

Winning and losing shouldn’t be the barometer that measures our support for this team but sadly it has been this season.
    Last edited by Blazer; 10-19-2008 at 08:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jbraun View Post
    I just wanted to thank all you guys for your energy on Saturday. My daughter turned 6 and I brought her to the game and she went crazy...she loved watching you guys and she learned the Danny Dichio song and "this is our house" and sang it all the way home....she also learned a few new swear words...but she probably knew those already.
    She is hooked...if Dichio stays I am getting her to shave her head in his honour next year!!!
    TFC Forever

LOL hilarious and Sooo cute!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so pissed I missed this game. Couldn't even watch on TV as I was out of the country. Sounds like it was an awesome match to watch.....let's pray all the stars line up and we host our first playoff game in a few weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    I am so pissed I missed this game. Couldn't even watch on TV as I was out of the country. Sounds like it was an awesome match to watch.....let's pray all the stars line up and we host our first playoff game in a few weeks.
    we were eliminated last night...so it'll have to wait till next year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Yeah, just saw that....sigh!!