RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Millson: Edu questionable for Wednesday

Millson: Edu questionable for Wednesday

Larry Millson,

Midfielder Maurice Edu was listed by Toronto FC head coach John Carver Tuesday morning as having a 75 per cent chance to start Wednesday night's Major League Soccer match against D.C. United at BMO Field because of leg and foot injuries.
    But Edu, the MLS rookie of the year in 2007, is 100 per cent off the U.S. national team that will play England at Wembley Stadium next Wednesday.
    The U.S. team selected by coach Bob Bradley is made up of players mostly competing in Europe. Forward Landon Donovan of the L.A. Galaxy, midfielder Ricardo Clark of the Houston Dynamo and goalkeeper Brad Guzan of Chivas USA are the MLS players on this U.S. team.
    Edu was on the 33-player pool that the team was selected from. Those 33 players also will be available for selection for friendlies against Spain and Argentina next month.
    Edu was taken out of the 0-0 draw on Saturday against the Columbus Crew at BMO Field in the 83rd minute with a leg injury and replaced by Kevin Harmse.
    “Mo took a bang on the leg the day before the game,” Carver said Tuesday after training at BMO Field. “He had a dead leg. He got another bang on it just towards the end of the game. That's why we took him off. He's also had a slight problem with his foot as well but every day he's improved like 100 per cent, which is great. So I'm going to give him a little bit more time.

Read more
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it is a cold night down at BMO tonight, I think it is best to sit him and then sub him in later if needed, there is no point is risking further injury.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Edu is out, I hope to god we play 4-4-2 with either Smith or Cunny beside Dichio. I don't want to see Harmse against DC again!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly I would like to see Jarrod Smith get a start. Edu has been really underwhelming and really hasnt generated much if any offense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Facebook says he's out.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Facebook says he's out.
    link please
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Facebook says he's out.

I love the new world of journalism.

I remember last season something was broke over facebook. I cant remember what it was now though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    If Edu is out, I hope to god we play 4-4-2 with either Smith or Cunny beside Dichio. I don't want to see Harmse against DC again!!!

id love to give this formation ago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post

I remember last season something was broke over facebook. I cant remember what it was now though.
    Esky getting traded, (I think).
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    id love to give this formation ago
    Not me, thats how we got whupped by DC last time, granted we didnt have the mid we have now. As much as i hate Harmse (which is alot), i think he should still have a go and basically if he gets another red or even a yellow should get dropped, im not kidding either.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4-2-3-1 is the way to play, why would you change formation if you are 5 games unbeaten.Think ,last time we play 4-4-2 we were killed 4-1 and now you would go back to that formation.

in MLS article United coach Tom Soehn said:
    "Toronto is a tough place to play, on that turf and with their fans. And so every time we go there, it's hard to really play soccer on that field so we know it's going to be a battle going in, physically," said Simms. "They play with five midfielders so it's going to be crowded in there, but we just have to be prepared physically and be ready to battle. We have to match their intensity and pass it."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd put Smith in for Edu. Harmse doesn't play Edu's spot at all.

Harmse should go in for Robbo May 31 (Robbo will be away with Wales that day), he can go out and mangle a few of his ex-teammates for us then

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I'd put Smith in for Edu. Harmse doesn't play Edu's spot at all.

Harmse should go in for Robbo May 31 (Robbo will be away with Wales that day), he can go out and mangle a few of his ex-teammates for us then
    Harmse defo plays Edus spot, we need to have two DMs back there to support the defense, itd be a mistake to think we can go all out offensive against these guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone said a while back that Tébily played very well in a defensive midfielder role, even better than at central back. Perhaps we should give him a go?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    Someone said a while back that Tébily played very well in a defensive midfielder role, even better than at central back. Perhaps we should give him a go?
    WOW, can't believe I forgot about that option. I like that idea. Give the new guy a run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know if the roster is public before the game starts? Like will I be able to see it online before I head over to the game?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW, can't believe I forgot about that option. I like that idea. Give the new guy a run.
    Wouldnt be opposed to it myself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Facebook says he's out.
    I don't see that on Facebook. He says "Is gone..." but that was updated on monday and probably has nothing to do with the game tonight. Considering Carver said yesterday that he was improving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any chances James will get a start in his place?

On a side note, I thought

25% - Doubtful
    50% - Questionable
    75% - Probable

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think they are going to play James out of position for his first game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf88 View Post
    Esky getting traded, (I think).
    Yup!!