Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pekduck View Post
    regardless what a win!!!
    3 beautiful goals!!!
    I loved it when Ibbe nodded in the third!!

I couldn't believe it!
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default YES!!!!

Not that we've had many road wins but...

Our first one by two goals!!!!

Amazing, albeit the Red Bulls are SHITE!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solid performance tonight. Sutton was sharp and gave us a chance to win.

Barrett is the real deal. I don't see him getting offsides (not like Cunningham). That tells me that he reads the game well. He is fitting right in and will only get better when he gets to know his team mates.

Dichio was distributing the ball masterfully. He has a high Soccer IQ! He's a future coach for TFC.

Robinson and Harmse played on the edge....great performances tonight.

We played well on the fast pitch today. It worked to our advantage.

Wynn was just Wynn again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think thats the first TFC game in a while I've enjoyed almost every minute of.

and Johann's deke then cross to Iby was sick..... nice boys!
    Last edited by Brooker; 10-05-2008 at 12:20 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shows how when we play together as a team, what we can achieve.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barrett showed the club how to play offensively. It's almost like after the first effortless goal he went back to the others and wrote down exactly what he did to get the ball in the net.

Like the whole squad were smacking their foreheads afterwards saying "Ohhhhh, I get it. We need to get the ball past the keeper".

Anyway, the whole team looked pretty solid tonight. And truth be told, I just knew somewhere in the back of my mind that Ibrihim was gonna put on a show for us as well.

Good night of soccer.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty happy with the result. Not only did we score 3 goals, they were all from the run of play.

It is amazing what Barrett can do when he doesn't send it over the bar. I hope he keeps it up. Harmse was a bit shakey on the backline but considering he hasn't played there since he was on the Galaxy it may take him a bit more time. Speedy guys caused him some problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Bars92 View Post
    The anouncers speculated that Carver is gone back to England next year, do these guys know what their talking about ??
    Well they also said the TFC backline has been solid all season so take their thoughts with a grain of salt lol

I am wondering if we have seen the last of Velez on the pitch. I think Carver has decided to let Harmse audition for the spot for next season. Not unhappy about it as Velez has certainly screwed up this season on more than a few occasions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did we just sign Chad Barrett to a 4 year deal?

That alone = FUCK YES.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A tidy, battling performance. Very nice.

Laying Guevara back next to Robinson made a world of difference. Made us seem much more compact.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great win, but more importantly a great TEAM effort. Everyone had a say in this W. We needed this one and got it.
    We're STILL in the hunt for the playoffs. We're not dead yet. We can do this.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really liked Jo Smiths cross to Ibbe. If he could do more of that stuff, he will become a top flight starter. Less fancy for now, more crosses and he will make me a believer.

With FC Dallas coming up, a win there and our match at home vs Chicago could be hugely meaningful!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can ya say dejavu?

In 2007, we lost to Chicago in jChicago in July and that started a tailspin
    In 2008, we lost to Chicago in Chicago in July, 5 days earlier than we did in 2007 and it was part of the start of the tailspin

In 2007, we beat New York on the first weekend of October to end the 3 month exactly long winless streak
    Now in 2008, we beat New York on the first weekend of October, 1 day later than 2007, to end a long winless steak

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post
    I really liked Jo Smiths cross to Ibbe. If he could do more of that stuff, he will become a top flight starter. Less fancy for now, more crosses and he will make me a believer.

With FC Dallas coming up, a win there and our match at home vs Chicago could be hugely meaningful!
    Just speculating here but Chi-town plays KC Sunday, their next game is a home game against the Crew, then they play us and end the season at home vs NY.
    If the Fire win their next 2 and NY, NE, and DC continue to slide they are all but assured a place in the playoffs not to mention 2nd place in the East. They could rest their starters for our match if everything falls into place. Now, this doesn't mean it will be an easy match but I'm just saying it will make the match a better situation for us as far as winning.
    I just hope this NY match put that fire back in them that they need and showed them that winning is all in how you approach the game and execute it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I guess this means that Carver remembered how to coach, after all!

If he gets that level of commitment and intensity out of the guys every match, Carver will be a legend here, once we add a DP and such.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by egoodwin View Post
    Can ya say dejavu?

In 2008, we lost to Chicago in Chicago in July, 5 days earlier than we did in 2007 and it was part of the start of the tailspin

In 2007, we beat New York on the first weekend of October to end the 3 month exactly long winless streak
    Now in 2008, we beat New York on the first weekend of October, 1 day later than 2007, to end a long winless steak
    Okay...now you're just getting wierd on us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a senior's moment and forgot about the game. Damn. But now I read that 9 players are going international for the next game and we will have so few bodies Mo and Carver get a start with Dicho in goal. (kidding just....

What moron made up this schedule? I bet he's smoking the grass we want.....!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by egoodwin View Post
    Can ya say dejavu?

In 2007 we beat Chicago 3-1 at home, tied Chicago 1-1 away, and lost to them 3-0 at home in July.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the way carver used his subs today was brilliant.....at 2-1 he knew the Shite bulls would be pushing hard for the equalizer...so he brings on smith..and ibby to counter..at first i was shocked with the game being 2-1..and us needing it bad that he would bring on the youngsters..to hold out the win....but what the hell do i know!!!....
    Well done JC!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although pleased by the result, I'm actually upset
    These players did well tonight, where were they 2/3 of the season????
    These lazy guys stepped it up on the pitch when their jobs were on the line.
    We've been wondering if it's the coaching, the turf, or the players who let us down.
    I now know. It's the players.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Although pleased by the result, I'm actually upset
    These players did well tonight, where were they 2/3 of the season????
    These lazy guys stepped it up on the pitch when their jobs were on the line.
    We've been wondering if it's the coaching, the turf, or the players who let us down.
    I now know. It's the players.
    I've been saying so for weeks, and simply got accused of "not knowing anything about football". You can have the best coach in the world, but if the players choose not to execute, you will fail.

Today they decided to play with some effort and intensity, and looky here - they dominated most of the match, and scored a bag of goals.

Carver clearly said or did something this week to light a fire under their asses, and it showed. Best game I've seen us play all season long.

The passes were better for the most part. Guys were getting into position, and not just ball watching. On the first goal, Barrett was clearly thinking ahead, which lead to the nice flick over Conway. The cross from Jo Smith, and header to finish from Ibbe was worthy of any EPL highlight reel. The second goal was the result of a thoughtful pass from Dichio, and a blazing run by Wynne. This is the stuff we need to be doing every game.

Carver was able to sub the right guys in to finish a game for once - not frantically replace players to try and sour the offense, as he's had to do for the last few months.

In Carver I Trust. This game should indicate to people that we have a brighter future than some may think - playoffs this year, or not.

And a big middle finger to the "fans" here, who wagered that their team would lose before they even hit the pitch. Never give up on your team.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

I_AM_CANADIAN

That was a f*cking awesome time... I honestly prefer road trips to home games. It's just the absolute hardest of hardcore TFC supporters, you spend all your time singing for the team instead of singing and getting pissed off because other people aren't. And when there's only a handful of you, it just feels more like a family, you know? And everyone save for 3 or 4 people sang along to every single song, jumping, waving scarves, it was just awesome.

And I know a lot of people like it for the part where you go out and get pissed after the match, but to be honest I'm not really a party person... I just wanna go f*cking mental at the match and then go home to bed. Barbarez was out until... well, I don't know, but I think something like 6 am.

BTW, Marioonsafario is cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bars92 View Post
    The anouncers speculated that Carver is gone back to England next year, do these guys know what their talking about ??
    They are probably just commenting on the confirmed speculation that Carver has had offers back in England, combined with the rumours that when Newcastle is (finally) sold, that either Kevin Keegan or Alan Shearer will be the next manager, and Carver won't be able to turn down an offer from his best buddies.

With that said, great game, even though the pointy ball lines on the field gave me a turn. Almost impossible to see the yellow lines on the TV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice pics Charlie! What a shit stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great all around effort by TFC in Jersey....they played for the entire 90 mins and got a fair result, they deserved it...playoffs or not this result show what the potential of this team copuld be next season with a few new players.

I_AM_CANADIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Cambridge_Red View Post
    you can say that again...

Not as shitty as their fans though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    So, I guess this means that Carver remembered how to coach, after all!

If he gets that level of commitment and intensity out of the guys every match, Carver will be a legend here, once we add a DP and such.

- Scott
    agreed

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cambridge_Red View Post
    The attendance for the game 'officially' was 13,756...they must have counted the cockroaches as well.
    I hope their new RedBull Arena (still in New Jersey but will seat 25,189) will bring in soccer fans who stayed away from the canyon in the Meadowlands.